GDI Smeargle, Spit That Out! - "It's okay, I'm an artist" [Art trades! Collabs! Whatever! Alright!]

Should we have a monthly/weekly featured piece?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo
P0KEVORTEX said:
Nice work! The handwriting is significantly better than for your Wendy Whirl comics, but all are perfectly legible (to me, anyway)!

Yah, well I spend more time on those than the Wendy Whirl ones. Those things are full colored pages while Wendy Whirl are just put in sketchy strips.

MissPahnikable

I'm the sexiest adventurer in the world
I've missed pokebeach.
Hi y'all, it probs doesn't matter to a lot of you but I'm back. Lordy's gone hahahahahah.
I'm a terrible person.
Anyways. I'm on suicide watch and I'm not allowed to use the computer, But I'll be using pokebeach from my wii heh heh.
So I won't be able to post my art sadly, becuase I'm proud of it. But anyways. I came back because y'alls art is amazing.
I won't be on very much, since my time is usually consumed by sleeping scool and Immanuel Hamilton.
Alas! I do art trades cause they are sweet. Mail me something and I'll mail you back. Pen pals are the best.
Grace Henderson
130 Rio Seco, SF, NM
I would say that 6D should mail me something because I adore him/his art but i think we're not on the greatest terms.
Anyways Shampoo Thief your art is so good. Good job everypony.
OMG isn't everypony excited for September 17?!?!?!

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
Very glad to see you back again!
Shame that you can't post art, I really love your style.
We could get a group of members to sign a petition to get you allowed to post art. I'm sure everyone would agree. ;)

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo
MISS P. YOU BACK. AND NOW WE CAN COMMUNICATE MOAR FASTER.

Anywho, if you want, I could scan the art you send to me and post it for you. :)

I'm glad to see yah, I imagine you haven't gotten my letter yet since I only sent it yesterday. :Y

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
Loving it, TDL! :D
Dare I say it - better than dragonexpert's Paint work.
I wish you did more stuff, since I really like your work.

Shampoo Thief

噢托伦
This should not be this inactive.
Here is art. Discuss.
skulls__suits__and_smokes_by_tolen_dos-d4aj7yp.jpg
skull_n___stuff_ii_by_tolen_dos-d4aj7fw.jpg
What projects have you guys been up too?

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
I love the colours! Especially on the skeletal head. The ideas are also very creative and interesting.
Why are we inactive? :<
Maybe it's time for another in-group contest?

silazu

Bleh...
I should post here more, but I really haven't drawn anything in a while.

Also I love how you drew both those skulls Shampoo-thief

brOkenice

Still an Ice Expert
Hmm. Uh. Hi.
I given up art. Wait. I mean. I stopped posting mine on the internet.
I need a scanner.
And I need major practice.

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo
Hey. Sorry I haven't posted anything here. I'm working on two projects right now: the mural on my wall and this one painting. I'll take pictures asap, but I just need to find the time. Bow with marching contests coming along, I hardly have time to finish my homework. So...yah.

Oh, and you guys read The Night Circus. Its really good to read for artists because the imagery of the book is just so beautiful. The painting I'm making is inspired from it.

Captain Oats

I'm worse than you at TCG.
Doesn't look like much, but it took me about 20 straight hours of work to paint, design and assemble the entire thing. Then another 6-8 immediately following that to draw and trace onto vellum. Had very strict restrictions and rules on what it could be and had to represent. All in all, took me 152 2" x 3/16" x 1/4" basswood sticks and 55 2" x 2" x 1/16" chipboard squares.
20r8ncx.jpg

33jmu8p.jpg

2e663pu.jpg

Also, hi.

Edit: forgot, awesome skulls! I'm horrible with oils and pastels, love to see people do well with them!

Shampoo Thief

噢托伦
Woah that is pretty sick. It had to represent something? What does it represent?

Thanks! I like to work with oil pastels, they are just messy. I'm working on a project with them now. It looks like the smoking skeleton, but bigger and more effort put into it, etc.

Captain Oats

I'm worse than you at TCG.
Well, I guess represent was actually the wrong word, more like include certain things. It had to include a shift between the materials and 3 points of maximum contraction vs. expansion and become something that could potentially continue on forever. It was heavily based on the 2nd model of the year we had to make (I'm an arch major at UofKentucky), which was only expansion and contraction, that resembled sand being poured from an hourglass. This one is just more complex and the chipboard was supposed to reflect the lower clump of wood, but it kind of didn't do that so well.

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member
I finally reopened my art thread here! Link is in my sig.
Even if you see my stuff on dA, there are a lot of banners there that I don't put on dA.

Status
Not open for further replies.