Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar from “Pokemon Card 151!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Chinese versions of Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar have just been revealed from Pokemon Card 151! The set will release in Japan on June 16th. It will then release internationally as a special set this fall.
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Gastly – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon
[P] Enshrouding Gas: 20 damage.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 1

Haunter – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Gastly
Ability: Lost...

Continue reading...

Okay, I was about to rant how awful Haunter's Ability is, but I assume the point is playing a bunch of Haunters at once while fronting a Gengar and blowing something up. That's still a needless amount of set-up for two prizes.

Okay I think I may understand haunters ability a bit more.

A) you can use it to force your oppenent into a supporter they discarded as they have no resources to use it or is out of play against your deck.

B) the ability with haunter can cause a supporter guaranteed in your opponents hand.

C) I believe the whole common concept here would to be able to put 4 down in one turn such as with ultra ball and JACQ as a means to get your evolutions you could also play it with Bennette ex so with his ability at 60 × 4 each supporter. So he could essentially hit for 240 up to 300.

Could try playing the deck with pokestop and camping gear for turn 1 easy 1 card.
?‍♂️

Still a bit new to pokemon

Okay, I was about to rant how awful Haunter's Ability is, but I assume the point is playing a bunch of Haunters at once while fronting a Gengar and blowing something up. That's still a needless amount of set-up for two prizes.
Playing all 4 and hoping for a trainer and equipping a choice belt could eliminate a Vmax for 3 prizes, but your right its alot for what could be a gamble

If there were a card that let you steal a supporter similar to HGSS Undaunted Smeargle, then Haunter could be used more directly. Weird combos are all it has currently though

Last edited:
Ok its bad BUT if you play it with Smeargle from Lost thunder, Hypno from Furious fists, (thanks Paisley.) You have made the shittest control decks in history.

Haunter is pretty disappointing. I know the idea is to fuel Gengar's damage, but setting them up with Supporters in exchange for a KO is not a very good trade in my eyes. This trick also only works once since Haunter's power is on drop and not once a turn (though that would break the power so it's a necessary restriction).

At least the Head Trip Haunter let you escape sleep and paralysis by allowing your Active Pokemon to retreat if necessary, but this one only seems to benefit your opponent in the long term.

Maybe the Holo Mr. Mime's ability lets you play the effect of a supporter in your opponents hand.. idk wishful thinking

Gastly/Haunter/Gengar - a Stage 1 ex does the BETTER job than a single-prized stage 2. At least that ex can item lock. 3/3/3

Back