Discussion GasKan Testing (8:30pm EDT to Midnight)

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
I'm looking to play GasKan in some upcoming tournaments. I'd like better testing than I get on the ladder, and my study group sort of fell apart this year.

I'm primarily looking for one or more players who can commit to playing at least two nights this week and next week, during the time range from 8:30pm EDT to Midnight. Preference will be given to people who play in (and especially people who frequently top) the monthly tournaments we hold here.

There are two types of testing that I like to do. The first is getting in lots of reps against different good decks while talking over Discord/Skype. The second is looking in depth at both sides of difficult matchups by sharing screens and talking about every turn (again over Discord/Skype).

Anyone interested?

Very much so. I'm usually home around 9:30 pm EST. I too need to practice and figure out my plans for Memphis, and that's one of the decks I need to test with for sure

Sounds great. Hit it at 9:30pm EDT tonight? Will pm my info.

I'm around at a similar time most nights (9:30 or so EDT), and play three fairly competitive decks on the ladder at least at this point (VikaRay, a much improved Metagross since the tournament start, and Caleb's Philadelphia shrine deck lately) if you need more.

I'm also curious what GasKan is...

Long term, I want to end up with a solid testing group. In my experience that starts with building a good testing partnership and then slowly expanding. Once things settle with Shikageru, we'll either add more people or I'll be looking again, lol.

Also, GasKan is the name Caleb have to Rukan's second-place Malamar deck from Philly. You can read about it in Rukan's recent articles. You've probably run into it on the ladder, though half the people playing it don't really understand how the deck actually works.

Also, GasKan is the name Caleb have to Rukan's second-place Malamar deck from Philly. You can read about it in Rukan's recent articles. You've probably run into it on the ladder, though half the people playing it don't really understand how the deck actually works.
Ahh, that’s where I’d heard it. I did read that article, just am old and forgot that quickly. :) Thanks

My schedule is pretty conducive to that time frame, so if you’re looking for more people I’m more than interested.

Back