Ruling ~Gardy's telepass~

mewz472

Why do you bother to even read this?
Ok,i'm going for worlds and i need to clear this up:If i have a gardy to telepass and my opponent has a stevens advice in their discard pile,do i ignore the effect which says i cant play the card if i have a total of 7 cards in my hand?And if i do have to apply to that 7-card-hand rule,do i count 6 cards in my hands enough to draw or do i have to include that stevens in my opponents discard pile?

Another example would be if my opponent has a holon mentor in in/her discard pile.I telepass that mentor
.So would i have to discard a card from my hand as well???

This is really confusing to me cos a proffesor told me i could do this but i'm still doubtful and gardy's power says the effect of the card only.Please help me clear this up,thanks.

George2FRESH

Haters.
For Stevens, I don't think you can Telepass it if you have 7 or more cards in your hand. And you wouldn't count the Stevens as being in your hand. Remember, Gardevoirs power is basically a Supporter. It says use the effect of that supporter as the effect of this Pokepower. So the "PokePower" is not in your hand. Make sense?

As for Mentor, I'm pretty sure you have to do everything on the supporter card as everything on the card is part of it's effect. So you would still have to discard. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty positive.

Chairman Kaga

ALLEZ CUISINE
You're right on all counts.

You still have to do everything the card requires, just as if you'd played it from your hand.

The only difference, as in the case with using Telepass on Steven, is that the card isn't actually in your hand, so it's not counted toward such a limit.