• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardivoir/Sylveon

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
Pokemon
4 x Ralts
2 x Kirlia
3 x Gardevoir GX
1 x Gallade
1 x Remoraid
1 x Octillery
2 x Eevee
2 x Sylveon GX
2 x Tapu Lele GX
Item/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Professor Sycamore
4 x N
3 x Guzma
2 x Brigette
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x Rare Candy
2 x Field Blower
1 x Super Rod
1 x Professor's Letter
1 x Choice Band
3 x Float Stone
Energy
9 x Fairy Energy - Basic
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special

A basic (ish) gardivoir list focused on being consistent as possible

Last edited:
10 Fairy is over kill.

I'd drop 1 Fairy and the Professor's Letter for 2 Choice Band. I've tested dozens of games with Professor's Letter, and it's an unnecessary card.

Choice Band is more valuable than pure energy in a lot of situations. When you use up your secret spring(s) and attach for turn, you can still stick on a Choice Band for 30 damage to close the gap. Choice Band is also simply a mandatory card for the mirror match. You will never win the energy ratio game without it unless your opponent bricks.

Only other change I would make is -1 Eevee and +1 Float Stone. Eevee is much more searchable due to Brigette, and most games you're not going to start Eevee in your active anyway. I used to run 3 Diancie to test out the odds of starting with it, and they were not increased by enough to make me care. Instead, I ended up seeing all of my unneeded Diancies in my hand during the mid game and ended up bricking me more than helping me.

So instead, I opted for 3 Float Stone. Float Stones have far more usability throughout the game such as giving you a Guzma pivot and prevent people from stalling you by throwing an undesirable Pokemon in the active, like Octillery. I have found greater success with more Float Stones instead of more starters. And of course, the primary use of float stone is to get your not Eevee active out of the active and be able to Magical Ribbon going 2nd.

I'd also kill the Skyla for a 3rd Guzma. You shouldn't be needing searching cards when you're running Sylveon GX.

10 Fairy is over kill.

I'd drop 1 Fairy and the Professor's Letter for 2 Choice Band. I've tested dozens of games with Professor's Letter, and it's an unnecessary card.

Choice Band is more valuable than pure energy in a lot of situations. When you use up your secret spring(s) and attach for turn, you can still stick on a Choice Band for 30 damage to close the gap. Choice Band is also simply a mandatory card for the mirror match. You will never win the energy ratio game without it unless your opponent bricks.

Only other change I would make is -1 Eevee and +1 Float Stone. Eevee is much more searchable due to Brigette, and most games you're not going to start Eevee in your active anyway. I used to run 3 Diancie to test out the odds of starting with it, and they were not increased by enough to make me care. Instead, I ended up seeing all of my unneeded Diancies in my hand during the mid game and ended up bricking me more than helping me.

So instead, I opted for 3 Float Stone. Float Stones have far more usability throughout the game such as giving you a Guzma pivot and prevent people from stalling you by throwing an undesirable Pokemon in the active, like Octillery. I have found greater success with more Float Stones instead of more starters. And of course, the primary use of float stone is to get your not Eevee active out of the active and be able to Magical Ribbon going 2nd.

I'd also kill the Skyla for a 3rd Guzma. You shouldn't be needing searching cards when you're running Sylveon GX.
My guzma pivot is Aqua Tube in Glalie/Sylve. It works.

I run 8 fairy energy and 4 DCE with 1 Professor's Letter. I actually have found that card to be clutch at just the right moments, so there are different opinions on including that one-of. My online deck has been running 2-2 Eevee-Sylveon and it seems to be going well! Have you thought about Rescue Stretcher, too?

Back