• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardevoir EX / Lugia EX / Aromatisse

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
This deck is for the XY-on format, and has heavy modifications from my earlier deck, seen here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/m-gardevoir-ex-diancie-ex.123219/#post-2711447

Pokemon
  • 3 Xerneas (XY 96/146)
  • 2 Gardevoir EX (PRC 105/160)
  • 2 Mega Gardevoir EX (PRC 106/160)
  • 1 Spritzee (XY 92/146)
  • 2 Spritzee (FLF 67/106)
  • 2 Aromatisse (XY 93/146)
  • 2 Lugia EX (Ancient Origins)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS 77/108)
  • 1 Regirock (Promo XY49)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Korrina
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 2 Trainer's Mail
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Pokémon Catcher
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
  • 4 Fairy Garden
Energy:
  • 12 Fairy Energy
Strategy:

Like most fairy decks, the play is simple; get a bunch of energy on the field and attack with Mega Gardevior (or in this case Lugia, for steel type decks or to mess with Primal Groudon). The main modifications are to speed up the deck, now more that Mega Rayquaza is out there. I want to add a 3rd Aromatisse, but I'm not sure what to take out. It may be worth mentioning that this deck plays well against several Primal Groudon variants, Night March, Mega Latios, Wally's Trevennant (for the most part), some Yveltal variants, and Exeggcutor. Mirror matches are also mosty favorable. Steel decks are an unfavorable matchup, but they are not un-winnable. However, I don't have much experience against Seismitoad, VirGen, Rayquaza (both types), or things that run Mega Manectric. Any suggestions, questions, or concerns?

[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Adi

Aspiring Trainer
It is there because Regirock's ability is that it can't be affected by any trainer, tool, and stadium your opponent plays, so it's basically an energy safe for all you fairy energies that M Gardevoir EX needs to do really big damage. Ejorange, I don't think your deck needs the Shaymin EX, instead I would just run more Birch's and Shaunas. By the way Pokemon Catcher is not in the XY on format

-2 Shaymin EX
+1 Professor Birch's Observations
+1 Shauna
-2 Fairy Energy
+2 Super Potion
-1 Energy Retrieval
-1 Sacred Ash
+2 PokemonFan Club
-1 Pokemon Catcher
+1 Xerneas

I hope some of these suggestions help!

Last edited:

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
The shaymins have actually been very helpful, as I can basically Ultra ball for a bianca, and then still use a supporter for the turn. Energy Retrieval and Sacred ash are there because trump card went out; I sometimes have to discard stuff I don't want to, and they let me get stuff back. Sacred ash also helps me not deck out if the game gets really drawn out. Because both Lugia and Gardevoir need so many energies, I don't want to go lower than 12. When I played 11 (For whatever reason, there are always at least 3 prized for me), it was a wreck because I just simply couldn't punch out the extra 30 damage on something (Groudon? I don't remember what). I also used to run super potion, but I didn't like it since I removed Diancie from the deck. Pokemon catcher is in the XY trainer kits, so it will be in the next format. I'll think about the extra supporters, but most of the time I don't feel the need for them, but more playtesting will tell for sure. I don't really know about Xerneas; I only have 3 and would need to buy another one, but again more playtesting against different types of decks will tell. Thanks for all input!