• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardeggvoir/Swampert/Ninetales

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Don't be fooled: this list has nothing to do with eggs in any way, shape, or form, but that's what I call the deck.
List here:

Pokémon: 16
2 Tapu Lele-GX
3 Gardevoir-GX
3 Ralts
2 Alolan Ninetales-GX
2 Alolan Vulpix
2 Mudkip
2 Swampert

Energy: 13
1 SBEPS (Super Boost Energy Prism Star)
4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Fairy Energy

Trainers: 31
3 Guzma
3 Cynthia
4 Rare Candy
2 Timer Ball
4 Ultra Ball
1 Lillie
2 Choice Band
1 Energy Loto
2 Erika's Hospitality
2 Viridian Forest
1 Diantha
2 Max Potion
4 Professor Elm’s Lecture

Explanations:
  • No middle evolutions, no problem. Since Ninetales GX gets you Rare Candy anyway, there's really no reason to add them.
  • 3 Gardevoir is optimal, four is unnecessary.
  • 2 Swampert is all I have the space for.
  • Choice Band instead of Wishful Baton or EXP Share or something. It seems like the right thing to do.
The list will be updated as suggestions come out by making changes to this post. Now, have at it!
(Oh, and thanks in advance.)

Last edited:

Wechselbalg

brb
My suggestions would be:

- Why Magcargo instead of Swampert? If you have nothing that lets you have access to your top card after using Smooth Over, Magcargo is pointless.
- 3 copies of Erika is too much, I think 2 is the magic number for this supporter.
- If you're not playing Elm then you will need more Nest Balls and max count of Lillie.
- If you're playing Timer Ball you should have at least two copies, one does nothing.
- Maxing out Rare Candy is also advisable.
-I think you can drop 2 basic energy.
- The non-GX A9T is really not needed since every deck has a non-GX attacker that can hit 110 without any problems. If you need a non-GX attacker then Xerneas {*} is the only servicable one right now that can be paired with Garde.
- Consider 1 Diantha since the card lets you get back DCE and Rare Candy.

Hope some of this helps.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
My suggestions would be:

- Why Magcargo instead of Swampert? If you have nothing that lets you have access to your top card after using Smooth Over, Magcargo is pointless.
- 3 copies of Erika is too much, I think 2 is the magic number for this supporter.
- If you're not playing Elm then you will need more Nest Balls and max count of Lillie.
- If you're playing Timer Ball you should have at least two copies, one does nothing.
- Maxing out Rare Candy is also advisable.
-I think you can drop 2 basic energy.
- The non-GX A9T is really not needed since every deck has a non-GX attacker that can hit 110 without any problems. If you need a non-GX attacker then Xerneas {*} is the only servicable one right now that can be paired with Garde.
- Consider 1 Diantha since the card lets you get back DCE and Rare Candy.

Hope some of this helps.
I have next turn draw... oh, you're right. I have Lillie, though. I have heard of the idea of Gardy/Swampert, but I don't like it. The problem is, I probably won't find the bench space to utilize it. I usually end up with 6 Pokémon: 2 Gardy, 2 Ninetales, 1 Lele, 1 Magcargo. That's sort of an optimal set up for me.
I always liked Erika, because you could draw insane amounts of cards and beef up your hand size to 8 or 9 as a regular supporter. I'll take it out for the Lillie.
I like where you're going with this. I'll try it out.
I dunno about this one. One Timer Ball works well enough for me; I usually end up using it and not needing it again, or not needing it in the first place.
I always went against those who had more Rare Candy in their decks than was needed to evolve (e.g. 3 Gardy 4 Candy), but I suppose there was a method to their madness.
Dropping energy is tough. I tested some more before writing this post, and found I need Viridian Forest (helped a bunch) and also thinned down my Magcargo line (very good). I'll drop 1, see how it goes, and drop the second one should the change work well.
I'll cut the baby A9T, but do I really need to tech for the Hoopa matchup?
YES. I actually completely forgot about this card when building this deck, I'll put it in right away.

Changes:
-1 Magcargo
-1 Slugma
-2 Fairy Energy
-1 Erika's Hospitality
-1 Ninetales
-1 Choice Band
-1 Wondrous Labyrinth Prism Star (W.L.P.S.)

+2 Viridian Forest
+1 Lillie
+3 Nest Ball
+1 Diantha
+1 Rare Candy

Many thanks, Wechselbalg!
Feel free, any of you, to argue against these changes. It's a free country website!

Last edited:

Wechselbalg

brb
afaik the only deck right now that plays Hoopa is control, but needing to have 3 energy on the board and having to switch your active is already problematic enough (Xerneas{*}) against that archetype and the baby A9T can't OHKO it anyway, so personally I wouldn't worry about having a non-GX attacker - unless the control player has a rough start and bricks afterwards, Xerneas {*} won't be much help in that MU either

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Guess who got ahold of Jimmy Pendarvis’ list for winning Roanoke!
Someone else. BUT! Else showed it to me.
So now the list is revamped.