• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Garchomp / Lucario EX

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
Pokémon:
  • 4 Garchomp (BKP 70)
  • 2 Gabite (BKP 69)
  • 4 Gible (BKP 68)
  • 2 Lucario-EX (FUF 54)
  • 2 Wobbuffet (PHF 36)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Sacred Ash (FLF 96)
  • 3 VS Seeker (PHF 109)
  • 2 Lysandre (FLF 90)
  • 1 Scramble Switch (PLS 129)
  • 1 Tool Scrapper (DRX 116)
  • 1 Hex Maniac (AOR 75)
  • 3 Rare Candy (DEX 100)
  • 2 Float Stone (PLF 99)
  • 2 N (NVI 92)
  • 2 Ultra Ball (DEX 102)
  • 1 Professor's Letter (XY 123)
  • 2 Fighting Stadium (FUF 90)
  • 2 Max Potion (EPO 94)
  • 1 Brigette (BKT 134)
  • 3 Focus Sash (FUF 91)
  • 3 Professor Juniper (BLW 101)
  • 1 AZ (PHF 91)
  • 2 Muscle Band (XY 121)
  • 3 Korrina (FUF 95)
Energy:
  • 6 Fighting Energy (BLW 110)
  • 4 Strong Energy (FUF 104)
Strategy:

I tried Garbodor and I could never get it set up quick enough. Especially dealing with Maxie's Archeops. Wobbs isn't as good, but at least I can maybe get him out and switch him into the active and screw over Shaymin EX rush decks and a few other annoyingly fast stuff. At least in case of Archeops I can evolve a few attackers with Wobbs up front.

Why no Hawlucha (FFI)? This Fighting, free retreating, Focus Sash'd Pokemon can terrorize opponents' EX Pokemon too.

It would be easy to substitute Hawlucha FFI for Lucario-EX making this a completely non-EX deck, additionally it would offer a free retreat starter which would allow searching for Wobbuffet PHF and switching it in on turn 1. My rationale for Lucario-EX is to beef up draw support and to help against non-EX decks, which seems counter intuitive, but without it Garchomp needs 2 power ups in order to hit for 100 damage or 120, around the range required for things like Vespiquen, Zoroark and most Basic non-evolving pokemon. I don't see that Hawlucha helps in this regard, however it could make a Wobbuffet start a lot more reliable. . .
I'm thinking a 3rd N or 4th Korrina in place of the second Max Potion. I could easily go for a 1/1 Lucario EX / Hawlucha split.
Recent changes I tried were dropping 1 Max Potion and AZ for 2 Battle Compressors, which helped in a few matches so far by giving me better access to Support.

I too run a Garchomp deck and I've found that 2 Lucario EX is the "right" count for me. But, I also have 2 Hawlucha in my deck as well, and no Wobbuffet (not that useful to me, at all).

I also run a 4-24 Garchomp line complimented by 2 Korrina, 2 Level Ball, 2 Ultra Ball, and 1 Shaymin EX. I currently do not run a 2nd Max potion, but am considering it.

Perhaps landurus ex? Not sure what set its from but it's the one from black and white era.

@fr33land - Have you considered running Hex Maniac as an alternative to Wobbuffet? Should you decide to keep Wobbuffet, then why not include 1-2 Psychic energy as well for attacking purposes.

@Gible06 Landorus EX is a great suggestion. I also have Landorus EX (BCR) incorporated into my deck, as well. IMO, it is one of the best attacking Pokémon of all time.

@TuxedoBlack is that it's first attack or second?
All 3 of Landorus EX's attacks are really good, but its first attack, Hammerhead, makes it an ideal starter (IMO) while you setup the Garchomps. For just 1 energy you can attack the opponent's Active, as well as, a benched Pokémon for just a measly F energy to inflict 30-30 damage (this is well above average when you consider the energy cost to damage ratio). And, it can get even better with a Muscle Band and Strong energy attached, plus a Fighting Stadium.

3 attacks? Doesnt it only have 2?

Is this deck regionals material? It can beat most decks, the hardest match up us trevenant and archeops, andmaybe seismitoad.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 attacks? Doesnt it only have 2?
Actually 3. Land's Judgement can either inflict 80 damage or 150 damage (if you discard all attached F energy).

Is this deck regionals material?
Yes, I definitely think so. I'm testing my Regional's deck version now.

It can beat most decks, the hardest match up us trevenant and archeops, and maybe seismitoad.
No doubt, these will be tough match-ups, but a few techs can help. Plus, Garchomp and Hawlucha handle Toad nicely.

Back