JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon has revealed a new Garchomp from Japan’s upcoming set S9 Star Birth, which releases there on January 14th. Cards from Star Birth are expected to become part of the international set Brilliant Stars in February.
Garchomp – Dragon – HP160
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gabite
Ability: Sound Slip
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may prevent all damage from and effects of attacks done to this Pokémon during your opponent’s next turn.
[W][F] Dragonblade: 160 damage. Discard the top 2 cards of your deck.
Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Continue reading...

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Gible/Gabite/Garchomp - Oh come on, this ability is easily to be played around. Pairing with that too expensive Attack Cost. 3/3/3

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Ah, the delicate balance. This would be a broken stall stage 1 thanks to scoop, effectively requiring a boss every turn or a pierce attack like Mew's Max Miracle, but as a stage 2 it's so lacklustre. The attack cost does not help matters, and 160 plus milling 2 of your own deck is laughable even if DDE was in the format.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Rememeber when UPR Garchomp was genuinely a good newbie card for dealing 200 damage for 3 with a contingency?

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Rememeber when UPR Garchomp was genuinely a good newbie card for dealing 200 damage for 3 with a contingency?
I 'member. The member berries are good.

Surely Garchomp will get a V/VSTAR, though. It's far too popular to not get one, I'd think.

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
Fully appreciate that this can be played around, and is expensive to attack with, but....if it isn't gusted, can this not knock out most Vmax in 2 turns?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, the delicate balance. This would be a broken stall stage 1 thanks to scoop, effectively requiring a boss every turn or a pierce attack like Mew's Max Miracle, but as a stage 2 it's so lacklustre. The attack cost does not help matters, and 160 plus milling 2 of your own deck is laughable even if DDE was in the format.
Dude, its just a waste of Gabites and Rare Candies. The ability is easy to be played around with. Another bland card.

ShinyNoivern

Noivern is a cool Pokemon
I just hope we get a good Dragon-type card at some point. They brought them back, but not much happened.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
The average HP of a Stage 2 has increased by what, like, 20 HP in the past decade? I feel like we should be getting 200+ HP Stage 2 Pokémon by now