MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like the viability of this Garchomp would depend on the Gible/Gabite it comes with. If they have a decent protection ability or setup attack, would be a cool budget deck.

Then again, we've had the 'grab more Kirlias' Kirlia and the Gardevoir still couldn't compete with the rest of the meta.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
It pleases me to see this community almost universally agree stage 2s need to change. this card is GARCHOMP. Not some one note, uninspired dragon type. And yet it's about 4% better than the average druddigon or turtonator card...pitiful.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like the viability of this Garchomp would depend on the Gible/Gabite it comes with. If they have a decent protection ability or setup attack, would be a cool budget deck.

Then again, we've had the 'grab more Kirlias' Kirlia and the Gardevoir still couldn't compete with the rest of the meta.
Exactly. They need to get rid of multi prizers or the rest of the Pokémon in this TCG stay in the water.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Exactly. They need to get rid of multi prizers or the rest of the Pokémon in this TCG stay in the water.
Personally I'm okay with multi-prizers, the GX era is a testament that they CAN work and coexist with single prizers. The problem is that big basic attackers and even bigger stage 1 attackers now are currently able to set themselves up fast and hit hard in the span of 2-3 turns. Setting up stage 2s currently takes an eternity but they get KO'd as fast as tiny basic. It's sad.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I don't think answering power creep with more power creep is a good idea.
I'm not advocating for Stage 2 pokes to become the strongest cards in the format, they just need to be put at the same level multiprize Pokemon are already at. Better to have the entire game power creep, rather than half of it power creep.