• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garchomp Deck

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Yup, I jumped into the Garchomp bandwagon. Both of the Ultra Prism theme decks are good in their own right that I had to modify both for the standard format in PTCGO:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Gible UPR 97
* 2 Gabite UPR 98
* 3 Garchomp UPR 99
* 1 Gible BKP 68
* 2 Riolu UPR 66
* 2 Lucario UPR 67
* 1 Garchomp BKP 70
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Pal Pad FLF 92
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 3 N NVI 101
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 6 Fighting Energy Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'm sure everyone knows what this deck does: get Garchomp and Lucario set up, then chain Cynthias so Royal Blades gets its damage bonus. The Breakpoint Garchomp is here to accelerate energy when needed; I also teched in the Never Enough Gible for a watered-down Trade if I'm stuck or as a Brooklet Hill target. The Dragon Garchomp will be replaced with the Fighting versions if I get my hands on those.

I've been told on Reddit that a 2/2 split of the Breakpoint and Ultra Prism Garchomp is ideal to get energy acceleration going on more consistently while Strong energy allows the Breakpoint Garchomp to KO Zoroark GX in combination with a Choice Band. I've also seen lists that run Puzzle of Time while others don't.

Any feedback here is welcome.

I think 2 pal pad is optimal as there is gren break, and if u prize a Cynthia it might be better to be able to hit them with lucario and save Puzzle for other cards

I had a similar decklist and I posted it and there were some changes made by other users and this is probably the most optimal list. The BKP cards arent really worth nothing playing "one ofs"
Pokémon: 16

4 Gible ULP 97
2 Gabite ULP 98
4 Garchomp ULP 99
2 Riolu ULP 66
2 Lucario ULP 67
2 Tapu Lele GX GRI 60

Items: 20

4 Ultra Ball
4 Puzzle Of Time
4 Rare Candy
4 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Pal Pad

Supporters: 12

4 Cynthia
2 N
2 Sycamore
2 Brigette
2 Guzma

Energy: 12

8 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Last edited:
I had a similar decklist and I posted it and there were some changes made by other users and this is probably the most optimal list. The BKP cards arent really worth nothing playing "one ofs"
Pokémon: 16

4 Gible ULP 97
2 Gabite ULP 98
4 Garchomp ULP 99
2 Riolu ULP 66
2 Lucario ULP 67
2 Tapu Lele GX GRI 60

Items: 20

4 Ultra Ball
4 Puzzle Of Time
4 Rare Candy
4 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Pal Pad

Supporters: 12

4 Cynthia
2 N
2 Sycamore
2 Brigette
2 Guzma

Energy: 12

8 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
If I were to use the Breakpoint Garchomp, would it be better to use 2 of them or not use them at all?

My deck has some different cards:

-Wishful Baton: sometimes, when I'm not fighting a deck that has a 210+ HP pokémon, this tool is a nice way to preserve energy.
-3 Lucario: it is not about having Cynthia. It is about having Cynthia and anything you might want. Also, if you get Guzma'ed, you can still have Cynthia. 2 on beach is the leas I can live with.
-No other type of Garchomp. Zoroark GX falls to a regular one with choice band. There is no need to risk one or both regular Garchomp to be prized.
-Counter Energy: Am I losing? REALLY? AM I????

6 Replies 1,100 views? What in Carnation?

Your list is good, I'm not gonna say my adivce.

Only because I'd be re-spewing what @Nytttt said.

Possibly take out two UPR gibles for two BKP gibles and cut 1 choice band and one fighting energy for two brooklet hill to get gibles and riolus out quickly. I'm not sure though?

Possibly take out two UPR gibles for two BKP gibles and cut 1 choice band and one fighting energy for two brooklet hill to get gibles and riolus out quickly. I'm not sure though?
I would do this, but play 3-4 BKP Gible. You want your whole bench full T1. Puzzles get Bands back, and you don't attack fast enough to warrant so many Energy, Lucario just grabs them. I would also bump to 3-3 Lucaribro and 4-1-4 Garchomp. Again, Lucario grabs everything and you never don't want 2 on the field, and Rare Candy combo is ridiculously easy to hit.

I'll experiment with the Gible counts. I feel that the Rock Hiding Gible has some merit since I can just attach a Fighting energy, then retreat to Alolan Vulpix for free without losing the energy.

I would consider exp share over choice band, you are way more likely not to set up other Pokemon, will losing your fighting energy and devoured field allows you to already hit 210, accept that garde is an autoloss.

I would consider exp share over choice band, you are way more likely not to set up other Pokemon, will losing your fighting energy and devoured field allows you to already hit 210, accept that garde is an autoloss.
That's not a bad idea.

Back