• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp/Altaria: BW-On

Aoki

Chronically tired
FluffyChomp/ChompTaria

Pokemon-21
4 Gible (DR 87)
3 Gabite (DR 89)
4 Garchomp (DR 90)
4 Swablu (DR 104)
3 Altaria (DR 84)
3 Emolga (DR 45)

Items/Supporters/Stadiums-28
4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 N (DE 96)
3 Bianca (EP 90)
3 Rare Candy (DE 100)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
2 PlusPower (BW 96)
2 Super Rod (NV 95)
2 Random Receiver (DE 99)
4 Level Ball (ND 89)

Energy-11
7 Fighting Energy (CL 93)
4 Blend Energy WLFM (DR 118)

Strategy and Explanations
  • Open with Emolga T1
  • Use "Call For Family" to pull out 2 Gible and 1 Swablu
  • Use Ultra Ball to pull out the Gabites and evolve Gible
  • Use Random Receiver to uncover your deck to find more draw cards
  • If possible, use the draw power you have (Bianca, N, Juniper) to dig through the deck and get the cards you need; from there decide your options
  • Having 2 Gabites out, use Dragon Call to pull out either 2 Garchomps or 2 Altaria or 1 of each depending on which Pokemon you need
  • When in need to skip a stage, use Rare Candy
  • When one of the Garchomps is threatened, use Energy Switch to pull out the crucial energy
The rest of the cards are pretty self-explanatory.

Is there anything I need to add on here or improve? Comment away!

RE: Garchomp/Altaria-BW-On

This deck should always run a 4-3-4 garchomp line. It only needs 7 fightiing and 4 WLFM. Level Ball works better than ultra ball.

-1 Fighting energy
-2 Switch
-3 Ultra Ball

+3 Level Ball
+1-1-1 garchomp line

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
This deck should always run a 4-3-4 garchomp line. It only needs 7 fightiing and 4 WLFM. Level Ball works better than ultra ball.

-1 Fighting energy
-2 Switch
-3 Ultra Ball

+3 Level Ball
+1-1-1 garchomp line

I replaced Ultra Ball with Level Ball, though I'm really doubting if I should really take out Switch. I wouldn't want to get stuck in the Active position and waste energy retreating. I'm still going to be deciding on that Garchomp line but thanks for taking the time to give advice!

You really need at least a 4-3-4 line of Garchomp to keep up with your attacks. If you're really feeling Switch is keeping you in games, then I would suggest removing both of the Energy Switch (which truly aren't need imo) for a 1-0-1 of Garchomp.

Pride said:
You really need at least a 4-3-4 line of Garchomp to keep up with your attacks. If you're really feeling Switch is keeping you in games, then I would suggest removing both of the Energy Switch (which truly aren't need imo) for a 1-0-1 of Garchomp.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Added in a 1-0-1 line of Garchomp.

Swablu only have 40 HP and has a Lightning weakness; it's bound to get KO'ed or DONK'ed.
I recommend putting in a 4-3 Swablu line. Maybe take out a PlusPower? (1 Altaria is 2 PlusPower; not too much use for PlusPower =P)

Diet said:
Swablu only have 40 HP and has a Lightning weakness; it's bound to get KO'ed or DONK'ed.
I recommend putting in a 4-3 Swablu line. Maybe take out a PlusPower? (1 Altaria is 2 PlusPower; not too much use for PlusPower =P)

Thanks for the heads up. I added in another Swablu.

You should take out the Switches. They're not doing you any good since everyone in here has one or less retreat. And how many times is your opponent going to say Catcher Altaria and not get the KO. I'd max N and Level Ball with the extra space. N is good cause with Stage 2's, you probably will still be setting up when your opponent takes the first prize, and Level Ball is the only way to get out te Swablus since they aren't {DRG}.

I think that you should replace the Blend Energy GRPD with Blend Energy WLFM because Garchomp requires Fighting and Water Energy to attack.

Vast said:
I think that you should replace the Blend Energy GRPD with Blend Energy WLFM because Garchomp requires Fighting and Water Energy to attack.

Thanks for pointing out a little error right over there. I didn't notice that until now. Replaced it.

in my list I run heavy switch and only 2 emolga it has actually done pretty well in terms of t2 attack with garchomp i also recommend cheren instead of bianca because often times bianca gets you 3 or less cards so why not just cheren

Have not really tested it out but I think I will prefer running 2-2 split of both.

Back