• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garbodor

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I've been running this deck in PTCGO for quite some time. Initially, it had Garbodor and Espeon GX in it. Then I saw that the Drampa GX version of the deck was doing well so I included that as well. Then I saw that the Espeon version was doing better and now I'm not sure if I should keep the Drampa in.

Anyway, here's the list:

Pokemon (19):
-4 Trubbish (2 BKP, 2 GRI)
-3 Garbodor (GRI)
-1 Garbodor (BKP)
-3 Eevee (Sun/Moon)
-2 Espeon GX
-1 Flareon (AOR)
-2 Drampa GX
-2 Tapu Lele GX
-1 Shaymin EX (ROS)

Trainers (31)
-4 Prof. Sycamore
-3 N
-2 Lysandre
-1 Brigette
-1 Hex Maniac
-1 Pokemon Center Lady

-4 Ultra Ball
-3 Vs. Seeker
-1 Super Rod
-2 Field Blower
-3 Float Stone
-3 Choice Band

-2 Altar of the Moone
-1 Team Magma's Secret Base

Energy (10)
-6 Psychic
-4 Double Colorless

Note: if I could add a second Magma's Secret Base or a third Lele, I could, but I can't because I had to work with whatever I had on hand to make this deck.

I don't have very much experience with this deck, but it seems like a disruption deck. I would take out the super rod and maybe one of the guardians rising Garbodor and replace it with some hammers. Again, I haven't really played this deck so I'm not sure if this will work, but I hope I could be of some help.

I don't have very much experience with this deck, but it seems like a disruption deck. I would take out the super rod and maybe one of the guardians rising Garbodor and replace it with some hammers. Again, I haven't really played this deck so I'm not sure if this will work, but I hope I could be of some help.
Disruption is one way for Garbodor to go yes, but from the way I built the deck, Drampa and/or Espeon are meant to pressure the opponent into using items, powering up Garbodor's Trashalanche to a sufficient amount to sweep mid-late game. I'm not sure how removing a GUR Garbodor would help in that case, plus Crushing Hammers would feed opposing Garbodors' Trashalanches. Enhanced Hammer might be worth a tech, but I can't find the space.

Back