• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garbodor/Drampa/Espeon

Draskk

Blast From The Past
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Espeon-GX SUM 140
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 3 Po Town BUS 121
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 4 N FCO 105
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 12

* 3 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 5 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Let me know what you think of my list! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like Tord's exact same list he took to the Bremen Regionals a few months back.
It's based off his, except I took out a Guzma for a Counter Catcher and a Float for an Enhanced Hammer.
You should run a necrozma gx just for the gx attack.
Necrozma is difficult to power up, and I always use Divide or Big Wheel at some point of the game.

What do you guys think about replacing Enhanced Hammer with a Kartana-GX?

Keep the Hammer: I think your bench space is precious. The list looks pretty sweet, not sure I agree with Counter Catcher though as it usually goes up in prizes pretty quickly. Its nice to try new cards but Counter Catcher only really works in set up decks like Metagross, Gardevoir, Decidueye etc.

It's based off his, except I took out a Guzma for a Counter Catcher and a Float for an Enhanced Hammer.

Necrozma is difficult to power up, and I always use Divide and Big Wheel at some point of the game.

What do you guys think about replacing Enhanced Hammer with a Kartana-GX?

Gotcha! I didn't see the Counter Catcher in there. I ran Tord's build for a bit and really like it. His decks are always very consistent. I'm currently playing a very similar build but I replace the 1-1 Espeon GX line with 1 Tapu Koko and 1 Latios. I like it, but feel like I should go back to the 1-1 Espeon GX. Not sure yet though.

Like you said, Necrozma is just too difficult to power up. Most of the time you want to attach your DCE to Drampa or Espeon, and Necrozma isn't really needed to help you get KOs on things. Usually Po Town can bring things down to within KO range for Drampa. Plus, like Gekkisai said, Big Wheel and Divide are both great GX attacks that you have access to already.

I love Kartana, but I feel like it's better utilized when you're running Acerola. Being able to attach a Rainbow Energy to it on the bench and then using Acerola so you can re-use Kartana's ability again sounds great although I haven't tested it out myself. Otherwise, it's just sitting on your bench for the rest of the game. You can attack with it, but I feel like you already have enough attackers between Drampa, Espeon, and Garbodor. I do think it would be worth a try though!

Keep the Hammer: I think your bench space is precious. The list looks pretty sweet, not sure I agree with Counter Catcher though as it usually goes up in prizes pretty quickly. Its nice to try new cards but Counter Catcher only really works in set up decks like Metagross, Gardevoir, Decidueye etc.
Yeah, that was my main quibble with Kartana. I'm running a Counter Catcher because I've noticed missing the T1 attachment to a Drampa/Eevee can be really bad; Counter Catcher makes comebacks easier later in the game.
Gotcha! I didn't see the Counter Catcher in there. I ran Tord's build for a bit and really like it. His decks are always very consistent. I'm currently playing a very similar build but I replace the 1-1 Espeon GX line with 1 Tapu Koko and 1 Latios. I like it, but feel like I should go back to the 1-1 Espeon GX. Not sure yet though.

Like you said, Necrozma is just too difficult to power up. Most of the time you want to attach your DCE to Drampa or Espeon, and Necrozma isn't really needed to help you get KOs on things. Usually Po Town can bring things down to within KO range for Drampa. Plus, like Gekkisai said, Big Wheel and Divide are both great GX attacks that you have access to already.

I love Kartana, but I feel like it's better utilized when you're running Acerola. Being able to attach a Rainbow Energy to it on the bench and then using Acerola so you can re-use Kartana's ability again sounds great although I haven't tested it out myself. Otherwise, it's just sitting on your bench for the rest of the game. You can attack with it, but I feel like you already have enough attackers between Drampa, Espeon, and Garbodor. I do think it would be worth a try though!
Agreed. I always use Tord Reklev's lists as a basis for mine when possible, they're quite good. Koko and Latios sound like great inclusions; but I think Espeon is really important.

I'll definitely try it. Blade-GX is a great utility (especially since it is just one attachment), but I feel like Divide/Big Wheel would turn out to be better in the end. When I try Kartana, I'll try losing the Hala for an Acerola. I agree the Kartana+Rainbow+Acerola combo could be devastating. Another issue with Kartana is that it gets shut off by Garbotoxin.

Yeah, that was my main quibble with Kartana. I'm running a Counter Catcher because I've noticed missing the T1 attachment to a Drampa/Eevee can be really bad; Counter Catcher makes comebacks easier later in the game.

Agreed. I always use Tord Reklev's lists as a basis for mine when possible, they're quite good. Koko and Latios sound like great inclusions; but I think Espeon is really important.

I'll definitely try it. Blade-GX is a great utility (especially since it is just one attachment), but I feel like Divide/Big Wheel would turn out to be better in the end. When I try Kartana, I'll try losing the Hala for an Acerola. I agree the Kartana+Rainbow+Acerola combo could be devastating. Another issue with Kartana is that it gets shut off by Garbotoxin.

Oh yeah, that's true. Since you're running Garbotoxin, I would definitely keep the Enhanced Hammer instead.

I like Tapu Koko and Latios, mainly because their damage spread with Po Town makes it much easier to take multiple KOs with Espeon EX, but I also like how much pressure a Turn 1 Espeon GX puts on your opponent. Plus, with Buzzwole about to be running rampant everywhere, I'm almost considering a 2-2 Espeon GX line if I can find the space for it.

Oh yeah, that's true. Since you're running Garbotoxin, I would definitely keep the Enhanced Hammer instead.

I like Tapu Koko and Latios, mainly because their damage spread with Po Town makes it much easier to take multiple KOs with Espeon EX, but I also like how much pressure a Turn 1 Espeon GX puts on your opponent. Plus, with Buzzwole about to be running rampant everywhere, I'm almost considering a 2-2 Espeon GX line if I can find the space for it.
A 2-2 Espeon would be great, but I really don't see the space.

Counter Catcher hasn't really been pulling it's weight; I may take it out for a fourth Float Stone.

I was never a fan of Espeon-GX. Taking Drampa's Energy just never sat well with me. I will agree that it applies a lot of early game pressure, but I find it underwhelming when I'm trying to take prizes. I don't even think being a Buzzwole counter is an excuse, since you need a Choice Band and the Buzzwole to have an Energy you OHKO it. Espeon EX with a Choice Band and the same amount of Energy does the same thing, only it can kill a naked Buzzwole. Latios also kills Buzzwole for the same cost, except Latios only gives your opponent a single prize, so they're less inclined to kill it while you put damage on their field for just a DCE. I prefer Buzzwole GX or Latios over the Espeon GX line because they contribute to Berserk KO's and Miraculous Shine KO's. That's preference though, so I don't fault you for playing the GX line. I will say though, that 4 Float Stone and 4 Po Town are a necessity. If you can, you always want Garbotoxin online, and if you're devolving your opponent every turn to keep them out of the game, you want to make sure you're taking prizes in the process, not to even mention the fact that you need Po Town in play if you want that T2 Berserk for 180. I completely agree with dropping the Guzma for a Counter Catcher. 4 Guzma was super good, but 3 will suffice when you use an item to surprise KO your opponent for possibly the last prizes of the game, especially in my list, when you try to attack with Latios on the first couple turns against those decks. The ones that Drampa really hates, where you need Break Through (or Divide GX) to make the math work, except Divide needs another Energy.

Break Through(30)+Po Town(30)+ Berserk(150/ 180 with Band)=210, or 240 with a Band, killing everything except that rogue Solgaleo. And against Solgaleo, you're likely to just sit there with Espeon EX and Garbotoxin, and tell them to sit down for the whole game.

I was never a fan of Espeon-GX. Taking Drampa's Energy just never sat well with me. I will agree that it applies a lot of early game pressure, but I find it underwhelming when I'm trying to take prizes. I don't even think being a Buzzwole counter is an excuse, since you need a Choice Band and the Buzzwole to have an Energy you OHKO it. Espeon EX with a Choice Band and the same amount of Energy does the same thing, only it can kill a naked Buzzwole. Latios also kills Buzzwole for the same cost, except Latios only gives your opponent a single prize, so they're less inclined to kill it while you put damage on their field for just a DCE. I prefer Buzzwole GX or Latios over the Espeon GX line because they contribute to Berserk KO's and Miraculous Shine KO's. That's preference though, so I don't fault you for playing the GX line. I will say though, that 4 Float Stone and 4 Po Town are a necessity. If you can, you always want Garbotoxin online, and if you're devolving your opponent every turn to keep them out of the game, you want to make sure you're taking prizes in the process, not to even mention the fact that you need Po Town in play if you want that T2 Berserk for 180. I completely agree with dropping the Guzma for a Counter Catcher. 4 Guzma was super good, but 3 will suffice when you use an item to surprise KO your opponent for possibly the last prizes of the game, especially in my list, when you try to attack with Latios on the first couple turns against those decks. The ones that Drampa really hates, where you need Break Through (or Divide GX) to make the math work, except Divide needs another Energy.

Break Through(30)+Po Town(30)+ Berserk(150/ 180 with Band)=210, or 240 with a Band, killing everything except that rogue Solgaleo. And against Solgaleo, you're likely to just sit there with Espeon EX and Garbotoxin, and tell them to sit down for the whole game.
I personally like Espeon-GX just because T1 Psybeam is just so powerful, and Divide GX in combination with Po Town and Espeon-EX can do some cheeky stuff. Not to mention that Latios would also take the T1 attachment away from Drampa. But a more spread-centric approach with a fourth Po Town and a Latios does sound appealing; I'll try it. I think I will keep Counter Catcher, I just haven't found the right scenario to use it yet. I'll take out the Hala for a fourth Float. I've done fine with 3 Po Town; especially with Espeon-GX since you can still do good damage with Espeon-GX if you didn't hit T2 Berserk.

IMO, the 1-1 Espeon GX line will not be consistent enough over a large number of games. So, I'd suggest bumping this line up to 2-2 or dropping it and then use the 2 open slots for other cards like, for example, another Drampa GX and P energy. Otherwise, your deck looks solid (my other comments would lean more to personal choices).

IMO, the 1-1 Espeon GX line will not be consistent enough over a large number of games. So, I'd suggest bumping this line up to 2-2 or dropping it and then use the 2 open slots for other cards like, for example, another Drampa GX and P energy. Otherwise, your deck looks solid (my other comments would lean more to personal choices).
I've actually gotten Espeon out every game so far, lol. It's not the most consistent thing but it's just a tech, so it's fine. Energy Evolution Eevee also helps with consistency.

I personally like Espeon-GX just because T1 Psybeam is just so powerful, and Divide GX in combination with Po Town and Espeon-EX can do some cheeky stuff. Not to mention that Latios would also take the T1 attachment away from Drampa. But a more spread-centric approach with a fourth Po Town and a Latios does sound appealing; I'll try it. I think I will keep Counter Catcher, I just haven't found the right scenario to use it yet. I'll take out the Hala for a fourth Float. I've done fine with 3 Po Town; especially with Espeon-GX since you can still do good damage with Espeon-GX if you didn't hit T2 Berserk.
Yes, but also don't forget that Espeon takes another energy for the same principle. And I guess I wasn't clear enough, but against those decks, T2 Berserk isn't all that helpful, since either, 1: you'll likely only take 1 prize for what you're killing, only to be revenge killed in 1-2 turns and 2: Latios only delays Drampa by 1 turn, whereas Espeon, or specifically, Divide GX delays Drampa's Berserk by 2. But again, that's up to personal preference, but it's certainly worth testing. Yeah, the turn 1 Psybeam is good, but I don't see exactly what matchup it helps against. I would think that Espeon is for evolution decks or Buzzwole, like what I play Latios for, but your opponent can evolve out of confusion, or retreat it with a Float Stone, and you need 2 consecutive attachments to KO Buzzy. I like Psychic, but here's my problem with the math:

1 Energy + DCE is the attack cost on both Drampa and Espeon

Drampa does 180 for 3 Energy(if you have the setup down, which you should)

Espeon does 180 for 3 Energy under the same conditions + your opponent having 3 Energy on their active. If I'm doing the same amount of damage with less conditions, why wouldn't I? I mean, yeah, Espeon has that 200 HP, which does mess with opponents' math, but with Latios seeing more play, and this decks bad matchups already having a way to spread(at least, all the ones I can think of that aren't Gardy), is the point of Espeon to make your already good matchups even better when unnecessary? I just need help understanding, since no one actually explained to me why Espeon is good in an in-depth analysis.

Yes, but also don't forget that Espeon takes another energy for the same principle. And I guess I wasn't clear enough, but against those decks, T2 Berserk isn't all that helpful, since either, 1: you'll likely only take 1 prize for what you're killing, only to be revenge killed in 1-2 turns and 2: Latios only delays Drampa by 1 turn, whereas Espeon, or specifically, Divide GX delays Drampa's Berserk by 2. But again, that's up to personal preference, but it's certainly worth testing. Yeah, the turn 1 Psybeam is good, but I don't see exactly what matchup it helps against. I would think that Espeon is for evolution decks or Buzzwole, like what I play Latios for, but your opponent can evolve out of confusion, or retreat it with a Float Stone, and you need 2 consecutive attachments to KO Buzzy. I like Psychic, but here's my problem with the math:

1 Energy + DCE is the attack cost on both Drampa and Espeon

Drampa does 180 for 3 Energy(if you have the setup down, which you should)

Espeon does 180 for 3 Energy under the same conditions + your opponent having 3 Energy on their active. If I'm doing the same amount of damage with less conditions, why wouldn't I? I mean, yeah, Espeon has that 200 HP, which does mess with opponents' math, but with Latios seeing more play, and this decks bad matchups already having a way to spread(at least, all the ones I can think of that aren't Gardy), is the point of Espeon to make your already good matchups even better when unnecessary? I just need help understanding, since no one actually explained to me why Espeon is good in an in-depth analysis.
Espeon is good because Divide can take multiple KOs, or put a bunch of Pokemon in KO range, and T1 Psybeam can be seriously annoying to some decks. Let's say you're up against Metagross. You get a T1 Psybeam on their Vulpix. If they Beacon next turn, they risk flipping tails and knocking themseoves out. Psychic is a useful tool in the Gardevoir matchup as well. Like you said, Espeon does have 200HP which is alot harder for most decks to hit than Drampa's 180. Psybeam can also stall as a last-ditch effort and it also sets up Drampa K.Oes. Most of the time you'd rather go for Drampa; but there are some scenarios where Espeon can be better.

Aah, I see. I don't see much Metagross in my area anymore, so I wouldn't think of that. I did think of Gardy, but it seems like they KO Espeon a lot easier than you KO them.

Espeon needs Gardy to have 4 Energy and a Choice Band(assuming they evolved while Po Town was in play 1 time) to get the KO.
Gardy needs 3 Energy and a band to OHKO an Espeon, assuming they have 3 Energy already attached.

Aah, I see. I don't see much Metagross in my area anymore, so I wouldn't think of that. I did think of Gardy, but it seems like they KO Espeon a lot easier than you KO them.

Espeon needs Gardy to have 4 Energy and a Choice Band(assuming they evolved while Po Town was in play 1 time) to get the KO.
Gardy needs 3 Energy and a band to OHKO an Espeon, assuming they have 3 Energy already attached.
Garde definitely K.Oes Espeon alot easier than Espeon K.Oes Garde; but if they overextend you can punish them with Espeon.

Have you thought about 2 Stretcher? I've enjoyed playing 2 in my list. Useful for getting your Espeon EX back, or a Drampa if you prize one.

Have you thought about 2 Stretcher? I've enjoyed playing 2 in my list. Useful for getting your Espeon EX back, or a Drampa if you prize one.
I think I'd go with a Super Rod instead of another Stretcher for some Energy recovery too but yeah that does sound nice. Idk what to cut though.

Back