Gamestop Groudon Promo, 'Trade & Play' Events Now Held at Gamestop with New Freebies!

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
So... could I just show up on the 3rd and get a free lanyard and pin? Is there any requirements or reservations? I did go to the Togedemaru Toys R Us one, but I assume that this will work differently.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
So... could I just show up on the 3rd and get a free lanyard and pin? Is there any requirements or reservations? I did go to the Togedemaru Toys R Us one, but I assume that this will work differently.
This is gamestop so i imagine will be a few cravats - only allowed after doing 5 preorders, joining some elite club or after a $xx purchase lol or is gamestop US more consumer friendly vs gamestop ireland lol

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
I have a Gamestop right next to my work so of course I will go and get some goodies. And I usually buy something from my Gamestop because they always have something interesting I want.

Ari

Aspiring Trainer
R.I.P Toys R Us.. By the way that is a sweet Card, But not competitively though

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Is there an official "Trade and Play" ad I can refer to? I can't find any other information online.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Just wish it wasn't $25 to get the promo and should be like $10 to get people in the store and buy a couple packs. $25 is too much for a alt print promo card.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
I tried to get the Zygarde card last month, all the Ft Wayne stores that they gave them out during the 'event day'. I was like what event day? does anyone know if they already started this stuff in july?

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
My son is thrilled (as am I to an extent). I'm concerned as to how this is going to go in a small space like GameStop as the TRU events were pretty chaotic. At least he'll have a venue to trade his cards in now. Prereleases are too cut-throat.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
I think they are selling Kyogre and Groudon plush too. Not a new item but since they have a partnership with Pokemon Center, it makes sense. I looked up Kyogre plush on Gamestops site and it showed a release date of 8/3/2018, which is the start of this event. Cool stuff.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Asked about this at a local GS and the manager had no idea what I was talking about. Said they had the Groudon promos, but had no info on the Trade & Play event, the promo for that, or anything else. Seems like they'd know since it is this weekend!