Gamestop Groudon Promo, 'Trade & Play' Events Now Held at Gamestop with New Freebies!

logonin

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I have a theory. I think the Trade and Play event will actually be the 17th; the same day GameStop starts selling the Celestial Storm build and battle boxes. Past Trade and Play events, from what I can see online, you had to pay to play because there were prizes and you built your deck from a build and battle deck like a pre-release. This timing is more in keeping with when the promo event was done under Toys R Us, about two weeks after the set release.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my room full of news clippings stuck to the wall with bits of red string connecting them.

The event was held today at some GameStops. I called a bunch and only one was holding it. All the stores have Groudon but none of them besides the one had the trading event going on. I have no idea if the store that was holding the event had Treecko or not.

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
The poster they gave out at the event
open

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BUt1cvLoqtJI2BnmrSs4fb1Vi3QwAVEo
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NWfmAvAIRCIUMYovDJwrfZ1mfiTdlbpN

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
The event was held today at some GameStops. I called a bunch and only one was holding it. All the stores have Groudon but none of them besides the one had the trading event going on. I have no idea if the store that was holding the event had Treecko or not.

Doesn't look like any that had the event today were giving out the Treecko promo otherwise there would be some on eBay by now.

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
I got them at a GameStop in Lancaster, California.
I went to another GameStop it didn't have celestial storm or the promo/posters.

Edit: The GameStop I went to in Lancaster had box full of the promo stuff.

Edit: Location of GameStop with promo stuff.
44412 valley central way B, Lancaster, Ca 93536

Last edited:

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
hmm... funny i was going to go to GS today, instead of Sunday, like was rumored earlier. id be a little more irritated if they had it and never promoted it. also, im pretty sure build and battle boxes come out the same day as the sets do. (for whoever said the 17th)

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Thats actually a really nice card i like the rev holo but with glitter effect like on the jap best of kind of cards!

NanzClan

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know if any GameStop’s in Bakersfield CA are giving these out? I read they are in Lancaster but it’s a little ways away.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I've called all of my surrounding GameStops and none of them are hosting anything special today.

I don't know who was supposed to be coordinating this event, but it was poorly done. Regardless, I'm tryna cop one of these Treecko because I do not recall a reverse holo of that galaxy foil since the Entei Promo from its movie in 2001.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
I got a Treecko at a Toys'R'Us in Canada. They just had them all in a box by the cashier and handed them out to whoever asked for one. Some of the staff didn't seem to be aware of the giveaway, and I doubt there was trading or playing given the lack of open space in the store.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
hmm... funny i was going to go to GS today, instead of Sunday, like was rumored earlier. id be a little more irritated if they had it and never promoted it. also, im pretty sure build and battle boxes come out the same day as the sets do. (for whoever said the 17th)
The Gamestop web site has them listed as for sale on the 17th. No GS I visited (at least 7 now since the 3rd) had any yet.

Also, wow; as of right now there is 1 listed on ebay. 1! How is that even possible??

Last edited:

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
Also, wow; as of right now there is 1 listed on ebay. 1! How is that even possible??

I wonder if its a disgruntled Gamestop employee. When you have no choice but to work at Gamestop you stoop to lows you never thought you would just to get by.