XY Game Update: Instacheck Blocked and More

Sslie Zoommo

Champion...I think
Game Freak has sent out an update for X and Y that all players must do before going online.Currently we know that It:

-blocks instacheck IV testing
-blocks battle analyzer
-fixes wonder trade move learning
-fixes PR video captions

I think that it is great that we're not only getting updates through DLC(hopefully
more to come), but it also shows that Game Freak is paying attention to what is going on is trying to limit cheating.

The only shame is that I never had really time to abuse instacheck lol!

I never used instacheck so that doesn't bother me. I'd rather not use a program to do the work. I'm still in the top 500 for triple rated battles so I'm glad about that.

I'm so glad this happened, if only it had been sooner though. Instacheck made shinies absolutely pointless so I'm excited GF are paying so much attention to what is going on with the game :)

Sounds good to me. Glad they did this.

I never actually got around to trying Instacheck though. To me it also felt a bit unfair. I prefer the legit ways in getting my shinies, for example chaining and the Masuda Method.

Does this mean cloning is blocked? If so you won't see me trading on 6th gen until someone can clone with AR. Until this happens I will be waiting very patiently. People havve already figured out the hard way. Make sure you perform the network update as well.:)

Awesome, I like stuff like this, wasn't a immediate action but Nintendo defiantly killed several birds with one stone. I hope we get more move tutors in DLC in the future..

They also updated the cutscene for Yveltal, there are purple blob things floating around him when he breaks out, not sure about Xerneas yet.

I pretty much think that Kaphotics and Omega Donut will figure out a way to get Instacheck to work again, or at least perhaps develop something to work with Bank since its not technically trading- assuming it does upload your Pokemon to the net.

Insta check didn't affect me one way or the other, but I'm glad it turfed BA, even when I get decimated rating battles are more fun than free and I'm glad they're back.

I can't believe people were using something to scan their opponent's data. So pathetic. I mean I'm upset about Instacheck being gone as I wanted to complete most of the Kalos Pokemon Shiny Data as well as give my friends shinies but it's back to the normal way. On the bright side I get to have my OT and sense of achievement. On the down side; I don't have time for that so it will take awhile.

But it's just sad that you need to scan your opponent's data to win battles.

If you need to cheat to be able to win battles, you don't deserve to win anyway. I don't know how people could even feel good about winning when they did it through cheating.

The instacheck shinies /were/ legit though; you weren't changing anything about the pokemon or anything else, just seeing what it was before it hatched, just as much as using your little IV checkers.

That said, I never used it. I don't really care about any of these updates; i just load them so i can play the game.

Back