Galarian Pokemon, Obstagoon, Morpeko, Team Yell, and More in New Sword & Shield Trailer!

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Literally no one:

Pokemon: Let's put mustaches on our classic beloved pokemon, give a pokemon a Hangry mode, make one of your rivals look like a grandma, AnD MakE THe EvIL TEam YelL!!!

Me: (Happiness noises)

(Yes I am referring to Alolan Golem in the second line)

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I'm liking the new Galar form for Weezing. Poisom/Fairy with Levitate is a good combination. I wonder what it's secondary Ability is?

Also, I do like the "hangry" gimmick the Galar Pikachu has going on; Electric and Dark is another really cold type combination.
Don't mind the second ability. Levitate Makes Weezing's only weaknesses are Psychic and Steel. Aka weak to Metagross

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Wow! The Japanese trailer is much better. There's hype and surprise in it. Especially the way they show Morpeko alongside with Marnie before its introduction and when Linoone starts evolving.
The English version is just like a slap of new information.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Literally no one:

Pokemon: Let's put mustaches on our classic beloved pokemon, give a pokemon a Hangry mode, make one of your rivals look like a grandma, AnD MakE THe EvIL TEam YelL!!!

Me: (Happiness noises)

(Yes I am referring to Alolan Golem in the first line)
Yeah, Alolan Golem is literally no one.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
Obstagoon just shows how "busy" the current Pokémon designs are getting. Going from Linoone to Obstagoon is a really sharp design-style transition.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
While I don't like how this information was dumped on us, I actually really liked the new Zigzagoon and Linoone forms... at least until they revealed Obstagoon. I haven't got any fundamental problems with TPCI introducing further evolutions for existing Pokémon, having them restricted to Galarian forms only is not something I appreciate.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I reckon Team Yell is an attack on soccer hooliganism in the UK, which is a big problem over there (as I live there).

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I know pixilate/aerilate/etc abilities are overused, but I lowkey hope that pixilate is g. weezing's second ability. Mostly so a dapper gentleman can murder things with pink explosions.

EDIT: just noticed trainers with great balls, nest balls, and dusk balls... NICE!

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
first thoughts:
-The new characters are pretty interesting. It says that Bede has other objectives than becoming Champion, and Marnie wants to become Champion to achieve a goal - maybe they'll be involved in the plot with the legendaries somehow?
-Team Yell I'm not hugely sold on them being an evil team - maybe it's another Sun/Moon situation where there's a second team with a more sinister intention
-I really love the new Zigzagoon and Linoone forms, I'm not sold on Obstagoon yet though, although the idea of Pokemon getting regional exclusive evolutions is actually pretty interesting to me
-I love Galarian Weezing (it's a bonus that Poison/Fairy is something I've wanted to see for a while), but what's really intriguing to me is that one of its abilities is just ??? at the moment - is there a new function or something that that ability causes that they wanna keep under wraps for the moment? I feel like if it's just a regular ability they wouldn't actively hide it
-The new Pikaclone is kinda cute, and its gimmick is interesting

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Galarian Weezing, didn't see that coming nice "HAT"

I was dissappointed when i saw the zigzagoon n linnone thinking this is just another alolan raticate. but Seeing it able to evolve is a pleasing news

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Wow! The Japanese trailer is much better. There's hype and surprise in it. Especially the way they show Morpeko alongside with Marnie before its introduction and when Linoone starts evolving.
The English version is just like a slap of new information.
Yeah, they at least hyped up Galarian forms for the Japanese one, instead of showing us them right away and then showing them again with Team Yell.

BTW, anyone else think that Obstagoon looks like it should be Dark/Fighting? It gives me Pangoro vibes.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Yeah, they at least hyped up Galarian forms for the Japanese one, instead of showing us them right away and then showing them again with Team Yell.

BTW, anyone else think that Obstagoon looks like it should be Dark/Fighting? It gives me Pangoro vibes.

I actually thought it was Dark/Fighting before I saw its info lmao, even though I'm not mad at it being Dark/Normal it would have been a bit nice for it to have something a bit more interesting.
(I think it's quite interesting that Rattata and Zigzagoon, two Pokemon that fill the exact same niche, have gotten new regional forms both with the exact same typing. Even though I'm just assuming it was a big coincidence, it would be interesting to find out if it was intentional or not)

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
(I think it's quite interesting that Rattata and Zigzagoon, two Pokemon that fill the exact same niche, have gotten new regional forms both with the exact same typing. Even though I'm just assuming it was a big coincidence, it would be interesting to find out if it was intentional or not)
That probably isn't a coincidence (Not that i really have any reason to suspect that other than the fact that it would just be to much of a coincidence if it was unintentional)

I am really looking forward to these games now with the addition of Galarian form Zigzagoon and Linoone as well as Obstagoon. I don't particularly care for the Weezing; though thats just my opinion obviously. I'm not quite sure yet what i think about team yell... i was kind of hoping for an evil team that seemed a bit more.. you know... evil.

Last edited: