Gaia online

juunkmilk

3nd coming
Who all on Pokébeach has an account on Gaia?
Share usernames, experiences, etc.

My username is juunkmilk, I joined as an ironic joke but now I like it. I run an art shop, I've got heaps of gold. I joined a couple months ago and have like 1500 posts, I spend most of my time in the cb.

Ohman, I remember Gaia. I made an account late 2003, spent most of my time trading and making art and got filthy rich. Sometime in '05 or '06, I got pissed off, partially because of how much time I was spending there, gave all my gold and stuff away to friends, and then left. Managed to stay away until 2010 sometime when I logged back on for the halibut, saw everything was even worse than it was when I left, and signed back off. Haven't been on since.

Despite leaving under negative circumstances, I did have a lot of fun there. I had a lot of friends on there, both people that I knew in real life that had accounts, and online friends. It kept me up with my art, honed my trading skills, and introduced me to some fun people I wouldn't have met otherwise. It just reached a point where I didn't feel like dealing with the drama, or all the people who constantly wanted to talk to me just because I had a lot of old donation gear.

I have an account there, but I rarely, if ever, log in.

Artemis said:
Ohman, I remember Gaia. I made an account late 2003, spent most of my time trading and making art and got filthy rich. Sometime in '05 or '06, I got mad off, partially because of how much time I was spending there, gave all my gold and stuff away to friends, and then left. Managed to stay away until 2010 sometime when I logged back on for the halibut, saw everything was even worse than it was when I left, and signed back off. Haven't been on since.

Despite leaving under negative circumstances, I did have a lot of fun there. I had a lot of friends on there, both people that I knew in real life that had accounts, and online friends. It kept me up with my art, honed my trading skills, and introduced me to some fun people I wouldn't have met otherwise. It just reached a point where I didn't feel like dealing with the drama, or all the people who constantly wanted to talk to me just because I had a lot of old donation gear.
I can't believe you can see that many positive things about gaia, I pretty much just think it's horrible but have fun with my friends messing with people.

PMJ said:
I have an account there, but I rarely, if ever, log in.
PMJ I need to add you to my friends list more than I need to keep living

I used Gaia pretty much exclusively for this one girl I crushed on years ago. I still have all my stuff bc I don't believe in giving away everything in case I wanna play again :]

My username is Perfect Purity. I guess I could reply to your request but don't expect to see me on much, if at all.

LORDY JONES said:
I can't believe you can see that many positive things about gaia, I pretty much just think it's horrible but have fun with my friends messing with people.

Well, I did give all my stuff away and quit and haven't been back (except for a single 2 minute visit) for several years. :p

These are my recollections of myself as a younger person. I've always had a tendency to see things in the past as more positive as they were at the time. If you'd asked me this question right after I quit, or even right after that short visit a couple years ago, I probably would have written you a spite-filled five paragraph essay about internet drama. But now I don't even remember the actual events that led me to quitting. I've erased the bad and remember the the good.

I also admit that I have no idea at all what Gaia is like now, or how it's been for the past few years. When I was actually a part of it, it was just a glorified forum where the fanciest things were the floating pink boxes and a selling interface that was released a few months before my departure. I know they have merchandise and gift cards and convention events now, so I imagine quite a lot has changed.

I'll have to remember Gaia as a good potential trolling grounds, though.

I have one, but I don't even remember the last time I logged on. The only thing that I REALLY enjoyed on there was zOMG, and once I had done all I could with that there wasn't much to hold my attention anymore. :/

Back