• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future Standard: Naganadel-GX/Ultra Beasts/Garbodor

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokémon (20):

3x Naganadel-GX
4x Poipole
2x Nihilego-GX
1x Buzzwole-GX
1x Kartana-GX
2x Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX
3x Tapu Lele-GX
2x Garbodor (GRI)
2x Trubbish

Trainers (29):

3x Sycamore
2x N
3x Cynthia
1x Pokemon Fan Club
3x Guzma
2x Acerola
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Field Blower
2x Pal Pad (It's getting a reprint in SM5)
4x Ultra Ball
3x Choice Band
3x Float Stone

Energy (11):

1x Beast Energy Prism Star
4x DCE
2x Rainbow Energy
4x Psychic Energy

Naganadel, Poipole, and Beast Energy Prism Star:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/12/poipole-naganadel-gx-and-beast-energy-prism-star-from-sm5

Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/11/dusk-mane-necrozma-gx-and-dawn-wings-necrozma-gx-from-sm5

Cynthia:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/10/cynthia-from-solgaleo-and-lunala-starter-set

The Strategy:
Put pressure on fast with Naganadel's first attack and sweep the late game with Garbodor. Use Dawn Wings Necrozma for retreat, and so you aren't affected by Nihilego. Use Nihilego boost your damage a little bit and disrupt your opponent.

Let me know what you think :)

So, this is just me thinking out loud here, but couldn't you use Altar of the Moone, seeing as most things you have already have a small retreat cost? I mean, you'd keep like 2 or so float stone for Garb, and Dawn Wings if you need it, but Altar of the Moone could be useful.

So, this is just me thinking out loud here, but couldn't you use Altar of the Moone, seeing as most things you have already have a small retreat cost? I mean, you'd keep like 2 or so float stone for Garb, and Dawn Wings if you need it, but Altar of the Moone could be useful.
Yes, you definitely could. But I think the combination of Dawn Wings and Float Stone is enough retreat-wise, and I don't want to have to commit an Energy to Dawn Wings.

(BTW, this is just Trashalanche Garb. Garbotoxin would interfere with Kartana and Nihilego, so I chose not to run it.)

Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Naganadel GX sure is an incredible card and needs a deck focused around it. Not sure if Garbodor is needed in this deck. Stinger GX is one of the best attacks we have thus far. The first and second attack are incredible too. I would cut the Garbodor line and reduce the number of Tapu Lele GX to one or two because it does not synergize to Naganadel GX. In fact more than one on the bench make the first attack close to useless as a force in the early game.

Cool concept, but I could see it being clunky. I don't think Garbodor is needed. What happens if you start with Buzzwole or Kartana and can't get them out of the active or draw into one of your two Rainbow Energy? Or start with Nihilego? I know Dawn Wings Necrozma helps you out, but you're not always going to be able to get it when you need it and also have a Float Stone. I would recommend removing the Buzzwole for a third DW Necrozma. I would then remove the Garbodor line and and add a fourth Float Stone, 2 more N, and a third Acerola. I feel like those additions would greatly increase the deck's consistency. I would even look at cutting Rainbow Energy altogether for two more Psychic Energy if you remove the Buzzwole since Kartana would be the only non-Psychic Pokémon and you're really only using it for it's ability and to be another Ultra Beast on the bench for Naganadel.

-1 Buzzwole GX
-2 Trubbish
-2 Garbodor
-2 Rainbow Energy

+1 Dawn Wings Necrozma
+1 Float Stone
+2 N
+1 Acerola
+2 Psychic Energy

Those would be the main changes I'd make. I would also cut one Pal Pad cause I think two isn't necessary in this deck, especially if you do choose to add two more N and an Acerola. I think one is great though. I'm not sure what I would add in it's place.

Overall, I do like the concept though!

Why future standard? This could be a concept on release. We really need Power Connect back if we want this to gain a bunch of traction

Back