• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: Solgaleo-GX (New)/Solgaleo-GX SM1

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokémon (17):

2x Solgaleo-GX SM1
Stage 2 Solgaleo-GX HP250[M]
Evolves from Cosmoem

Ability Shining Mane
Each of your Pokémon has no Weakness.

[C][C] Turbo Strike 120
Attach 2 basic Energy cards from your discard pile to one of your Benched Pokémon.

[C][C] Prominence-GX
Heal all damage from each of your Pokémon. (You can only use 1 GX attack in a game)

Weakness: [R]x2 Resistance: [P]-20 Retreat: [C][C]
2x Cosmoem
4x Cosmog
3x Tapu-Lele-GX
1x Registeel
2x Alolan Vulpix

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
2x Guzma
1x Counter Catcher
2x Brigette
1x Skyla
4x Rare Candy
1x Timer Ball
4x Ultra Ball
3x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
4x Choice Band
1x Float Stone

Energy (12):

3x Double Colorless Energy
9x Basic Metal Energy

The Strategy:

Charge up Solgaleo-GX from SM1 with the new one, then hit for 260 with a Banded SM1 Solgaleo. Rinse and repeat.

Let me know what you think! :)
(EDIT: Updated with my edits below)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck idea. Not sure on some of the cards in your list. While Kartana GX is an awesome tech card it does not seem to be needed in this deck. I would rather include either an attacker or accelerator able to deal with Alolan Ninetales and Hoopa. At the moment both of them could wall the list above. I would also reduce the number of Double Colorless Energy since Solgaleo GX SM1 cannot abuse it and the new version is a stage 2 evolution that needs some time to set up anyway. Below is a version that I considered when this card was revealed.

250px-791Solgaleo.png

Pokémon (16):

• 2 Solgaleo GX SM4+ (beatdown)
  • 2 Solgaleo GX SM1 (beatdown)
  • 2 Cosmoem SM4+ (evolution)
  • 4 Cosmog SM1 (evolution)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (search)
  • 2 Alolan Vulpix (search)
  • 2 Registeel (accelerate)
Trainer (32):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 2 Skyla (search)
  • 4 N (draw)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 4 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Rare Candy (evolution)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 2 Timer Ball (search)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (12):
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 9 Metal Energy

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck idea. Not sure on some of the cards in your list. While Kartana GX is an awesome tech card it does not seem to be needed in this deck. I would rather include either an attacker or accelerator able to deal with Alolan Ninetales and Hoopa. At the moment both of them could wall the list above. I would also reduce the number of Double Colorless Energy since Solgaleo GX SM1 cannot abuse it and the new version is a stage 2 evolution that needs some time to set up anyway. Below is a version that I considered when this card was revealed.

250px-791Solgaleo.png

Pokémon (16):

• 2 Solgaleo GX SM4+ (beatdown)
  • 2 Solgaleo GX SM1 (beatdown)
  • 2 Cosmoem SM4+ (evolution)
  • 4 Cosmog SM1 (evolution)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (search)
  • 2 Alolan Vulpix (search)
  • 2 Registeel (accelerate)
Trainer (32):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 2 Skyla (search)
  • 4 N (draw)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 4 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Rare Candy (evolution)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 2 Timer Ball (search)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (12):
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 9 Metal Energy
Agreed, Registeel is probably a better fit than Kartana. I here are the edits I'll make to my list:

-1 Kartana GX
-1 Double Colorless Energy
-1 Cosmoem
+1 Registeel
+1 Steel Energy
+1 Rare Candy

I don't like dropping below 3 Lele; I've tried it, and it always gives me problems. I also prefer 2 Brigette/1 Skyla to ensure the T1 Brigette. Decided to run 2 Guzma/1 Counter Catcher since you're likely to go down a little on prizes early on since you need a few turns to get set up. I'm running 3 Field Blowers basically just for the sake of saying no to Garbotoxin; you need Ultra Road to switch between the Solgaleos freely. Thanks for the advice on the deck :)

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I think both lists from you and Dark Espeon look good! The only questionable card to me is Timer Ball. I've never been a big fan of it, probably because every time I've tried using it I flip tails twice, haha. I feel like Heavy Ball would be better. It can grab Cosmoem or the SM1 Solgaleo GX. It doesn't grab the new GX since it's retreat cost is 2, but I think the goal is still to set up the SM1 one faster so you can use Sol Burst. Good list though!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I think both lists from you and Dark Espeon look good! The only questionable card to me is Timer Ball. I've never been a big fan of it, probably because every time I've tried using it I flip tails twice, haha. I feel like Heavy Ball would be better. It can grab Cosmoem or the SM1 Solgaleo GX. It doesn't grab the new GX since it's retreat cost is 2, but I think the goal is still to set up the SM1 one faster so you can use Sol Burst. Good list though!
Agreed, Timer Ball is a little bit sketch but I've had good experience with it as a 1-of in Stage 2 decks just to boost consistency a little bit. Heavy Ball could work too though; both are worth a shot :)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Wondering if I should add a 1-of Guardians Rising Solgaleo to deal with Hoopa/Ninetales? I don't think Registeel will quite cut it there. Maybe -1 Field Blower +1 Solgaleo? What do you guys think?

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
Wondering if I should add a 1-of Guardians Rising Solgaleo to deal with Hoopa/Ninetales? I don't think Registeel will quite cut it there. Maybe -1 Field Blower +1 Solgaleo? What do you guys think?
Definitely. I already run 1 Baby Solgaleo in my Solgaleo GX/Rayquaza deck for Alolan Ninetails/Hoopa and to have an attack that can OHKO some things without having to discard all energy (like Gardevoir GX for example)

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
I fully understand that Solgaleo has Ultra Road to switch things, but I want to be an advocate of at least 2 float stone in these lists still.

Float Stone will give you a Guzma pivot and a free retreater potentially much sooner than a Solgaleo will hit the board.

There's also Garbotoxin to worry about, while most current lists don't have anything that you're worried about shutting off your no weaknesses ability, it does screw with your mobility quite a bit, and float stone gives you the opportunity to operate just fine even with Garbotoxin in play.

Looking at the list you have now, I would can that Timer Ball for the 2nd Float Stone, or maybe even -1 Choice Band for a 2nd Float Stone. I don't see a need for 4 when 230 damage OHKOs everything relevant except the mirror match, in which case you should have enough time to find one while setting up.