• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: Metal Rai / Circle Circuit (Raichu / Aegislash EX / Dialga EX)

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
This is my deck at the moment (save for Raichu BREAK and Bronzor from BREAKThrough I included).

Pokémon: 17
  • 4 Pikachu (XY)
  • 4 Raichu (XY)
  • 1 Dialga-EX (PHF)
  • 1 Aegislash-EX (PHF)
  • 1 Shaymin-EX (ROS)
  • 3 Bronzor (PHF, to be BRT)
  • 3 Bronzong (PHF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainer's Mail
  • 3 Sky Field
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Battle Reporter
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Battle Compressor
Energy: 11
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 7 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Explanation's on a couple things:
Sacred Ash (FLF) x1 -- Only one as it's just in there to slightly extend the deck, and bring back things like Aegislash EX and Shaymin EX (as well as HoopaDialga EX?) to be replayed, and for if I lose Sky Field a couple times and don't have enough in the deck to bench for Circle Circuit.
Crushing Hammer (KSS)Enhanced Hammer x2 -- Had some spare slots, decided to take a more offensive approach with the spaces though I could consider Muscle Bands.
Raichu BREAK (BTH) x2 -- The attack isn't really much useful to the deck, so it'd just be to give Raichu that bit more HP (90hp is an easyish KO).

Escape Rope x2 -- I was suggested while playing with a Professor (or less suggested, and more of a "you could've won if you were using this"). I think it fits nice into the deck as Raichu has free retreat, so I can use it to get rid of the opponent's baddies, switch to a Raichu then switch to whatever I want. Also handy for more ways out of Aegislash-EX as I'm often using it as a wall.

Battle Reporter x2 -- This is a card I just personally like, it's surprisingly not too situational and handy if you want more cards but have a few things you want to hold on to (evolutions/hammers/other supporters)

Shauna x2 instead of Sycamore x2 -- I tried running Sycamore, but it really doesn't work with my style of play (I was also advised to swap back to Shauna by one of my local Professors). With Sycamore in, I often end up milling myself very quickly as I play hand shufflers (sycamore/birch/shauna etc.) very often.

No Lugia-EX, Aegislash-EX x2 -> x1, Dialga-EX -- I found myself focusing on the EXs a bit too much when the main part of the deck is actually CC Raichu. So I now have an Aegislash and a Dialga as back up attackers. Considering having 2 Dialga-EX instead of 1 as it's a very solid fighter and good for dealing with the EXs that Raichu can't quite kill (160 isn't quite enough for some EXs as they can OHKO Raichu often as it just has 90hp).

Stuff I'm looking at putting in:
Brigette (BTH) x2 -- Benching 3 Pokemon just like that sounds decent, though maybe not necessary (esp. as my turn's supporter? maybe leave in for later game?)
Zorua/Zoroark x1/x1 (??/BTH) - As a Keldeo EX sort of free movement. Perhaps not necessary as Raichu is free retreat.
Reserve Ticket (BTH) x2-4 -- Free card search on a coin flip is a card I definitely want to include. Could fit in the Crushing Hammer spots.

Others:
Lugia EX (AOR) x1/2 -- Simply because it's a DCE deck, I think Lugia EX might fit in nicely as a 1/2 just as a backup attacker? It only really needs a DCE / a couple metal links and it's powered up to fight targets that need to use lots of energy / power over more energy (ie Aegislash EX, Burst Ball Mewtwo EX [BTH]).
Energy Recycler (AOR) x1 -- Same deal as Sacred Ash, not really as necessary as Bronzor/Bronzong and Sacred Ash if they get KO'd / are discarded.

Strategy / Description
So this is my main deck I've been playing about with for a bit now (minus Raichu BREAK and Bronzor BTH), and it works pretty well against some other competitive decks (especially Metal Ray, with Rayquaza being weak to electric, and Aegislash forcing them to not use DCEs) but I'm looking for some advice on how to make it better and what I should have a go with including from XY8/BREAKThrough.

Translations: http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/09/red-flash-blue-impact-translations

Last edited:

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
I really do like the concept of this deck, but I feel like you are trying to add to much coverage at once, thinning your deck way to much instead of focusing on one or two archetypes.

Hoopa EX: I don't really see this being very productive in this deck as it's mainly used for it's ability. It's also counter-productive with Shaymin EX as it's required to be in your hand to use it's ability, leaving Aegislash EX but you'll only need one out at a time at most. You can't use Hoopa EX's attack either so this should be taken out.

Eevee/Flareon/Vaporeon: I understand what you're trying to do with this but if you're going to run this line, then taking out Aegislash EX in my opinion is the better option as this line is more of an aggressive build compared to Aegislash EX.

Crushing Hammer: This card is to much of a gamble in my opinion and if you fail the flip your out of luck. There are better cards to help consistency than this card.

Sky Field: Three should most likely be the most you'll ever need for this deck. Why I say this is because most times than not if you're running Eevee lines, you're hitting for weakness so that frees up some room a bit. Most decks you'll be facing are EX decks anyways and most non-EX decks don't require you to hit over 100-120.

Professor's Letter: Isn't really beneficial to this deck either. Bronzong is getting energy out of the discard so Battle Compressor is much better than this.

Raichu Break: In my opinion is pointless. If you're going to run Raichu Break, you'd need to run Lightning Energy because Grand Bolt requires one Lightning Energy and two Colorless Energy as you said. It's HP is mediocre at best and can be easily OHKO'd still.

Cresselia: Not really worth it still in my opinion, while you do get free retreat, you can't attack with it so it's not really doing much for you.

Bridgett: Probably one of the most Solid cards this deck could have, quickly benching 3 Pokémon on turn one could prove to give you an advantage.

Zoroark: May prove helpful as Mind Jack focuses on your opponent bench and is colorless. The only downfall I see is having to many stage evolution Pokémon and the Break would most likely be to clunky.

Lugia EX: Another good solid idea, it's also DCE and can work with Bronzong for easy energy acceleration, dealing heavy hits where Raichu may fail.

Energy Recycler: An iffy card, I see your idea but cards like Sacred Ash and Bunnelby is better.

With that's said, here's how I could see this deck working out if I played it defensively:

Pokémon: 18
  • Pikachu: 4
  • Raichu: 4
  • Bronzor: 3
  • Bronzong: 3
  • Aegislash EX: 2
  • Shaymin EX: 2

Trainers: 31

• Professor Sycamore: 3
  • Professor Birch's Observations: 3
  • Bridgett : 2
  • Lysandre: 2
  • Giovanni's Plans: 1
  • Ultra Ball: 4
  • VS Seeker: 3
  • Trainer's Mail: 3
  • Sky Field: 3
  • Enhanced Hammer: 2
  • Battle Compressor: 2
  • Switch: 2
  • Sacred Ash: 1

Energy: 11

• Double Colorless Energy: 4
  • Metal Energy: 7

If you were going offensive:

Pokémon: 23
  • Pikachu: 4
  • Raichu: 4
  • Eevee: 3
  • Flareon: 2
  • Vaporeon: 2
  • Bronzor: 2
  • Bronzong: 2
  • Lugia EX: 2
  • Shaymin EX: 2
Trainers: 27
  • Professor Sycamore: 3
  • Professor Birch's Observation: 3
  • Bridgett: 2
  • Lysandre: 1
  • Ultra Ball: 4
  • VS Seeker: 3
  • Trainer's Mail: 3
  • Battle Compressor: 2
  • Sky Field: 2
  • Muscle Band: 2
  • Switch: 1
  • Sacred: Ash: 1
Energy: 10
  • Double Colorless Energy: 4
  • Metal Energy: 6

This is kind of an idea of what I would build with the deck. I hope this helps and good luck!

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
I typically use hoopa as it's still another benched Pokémon for circle circuit to use, though with 3 retreat and an attack I can't use it could still be easy 2 prizes so you could be right. I also normally run shauna instead of sycamore as I deck out too fast usually otherwise, I'm assuming you put in Vs seekers so I can always vs seeker a birch's in the necessary situation? I could probably also battle compressor one of these supporters so I can always vs seeker it if it doesn't come out.

Also the title was changed to 'Metal Ray', but I made it 'Metal Rai' as a pun on that rather than a typo.

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
I typically use hoopa as it's still another benched Pokémon for circle circuit to use, though with 3 retreat and an attack I can't use it could still be easy 2 prizes so you could be right. I also normally run shauna instead of sycamore as I deck out too fast usually otherwise, I'm assuming you put in Vs seekers so I can always vs seeker a birch's in the necessary situation? I could probably also battle compressor one of these supporters so I can always vs seeker it if it doesn't come out.

Also the title was changed to 'Metal Ray', but I made it 'Metal Rai' as a pun on that rather than a typo.

VS Seeker is always a solid card to keep consistency going. Sycamore is also good because then you can get a fresh hand when your low on cards in your hand as well. Professor Birch isn't bad card. But a sure 7 is always better than a lucky 6. Battle Compressor works well because of that reason too, even if you don't run Battle Compressor, you can always use VS Seeker to get things like Lysandre out of the discard for a potential sweep. I'm not putting 4 Professor Sycamore because I don't feel like this deck needs it as much.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
idk. I have a friend who plays this and he teched a 1-1 mega ray line. I feel like you should only play one aegislash since one can go a long way. but if you do play two, then I say bring your raichu line down to 3-3 or 4-3 since they can clog your hand. like silver silent said, raichu break is overall useless without lightning energy( which in my skeleton list that I already made did play 1 or two. hoopa is practically useless, even if it does take up bench space.you guys were talking about zoaroark which would be good, but the eeveelutions would be too much with zoaroark. id just take out every switch you play for floatstones.i'll just give you my list and see what you think.

Pokémon:21
Pikachu-XY-x3
Raichu-x3
Bronzor-X3
Bronzong-x2
Eevee-x2
Flareon-x1
Vaporeon- x1
Shaymin-EX-x2
Aegislash-EX-x1
Heatran-x1
Seismitoad-EX-x1
Dialga-EX-x1

Trainers:29
Sycamore-x2
Birch-x2
Fan Club-x1
Teammates-x1
Lysandre-x1
Skyfield-x3
Muscle Band- x3
Float Stone-x2
Sacred Ash-x1
Level Ball-x2
Ultra Ball-x2
Battle Compressor-x1
Prof. Letter-x1
VS Seeker-x4
Trainers' Mail-x3

Energy:10
DCE-x4
Metal-x6

Yeah, that's my list, I suggest you playtest it and see how it works for you.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
idk. I have a friend who plays this and he teched a 1-1 mega ray line. I feel like you should only play one aegislash since one can go a long way. but if you do play two, then I say bring your raichu line down to 3-3 or 4-3 since they can clog your hand. like silver silent said, raichu break is overall useless without lightning energy( which in my skeleton list that I already made did play 1 or two. hoopa is practically useless, even if it does take up bench space.you guys were talking about zoaroark which would be good, but the eeveelutions would be too much with zoaroark. id just take out every switch you play for floatstones.i'll just give you my list and see what you think.

Pokémon:21
Pikachu-XY-x3
Raichu-x3
Bronzor-X3
Bronzong-x2
Eevee-x2
Flareon-x1
Vaporeon- x1
Shaymin-EX-x2
Aegislash-EX-x1
Heatran-x1
Seismitoad-EX-x1
Dialga-EX-x1

Trainers:29
Sycamore-x2
Birch-x2
Fan Club-x1
Teammates-x1
Lysandre-x1
Skyfield-x3
Muscle Band- x3
Float Stone-x2
Sacred Ash-x1
Level Ball-x2
Ultra Ball-x2
Battle Compressor-x1
Prof. Letter-x1
VS Seeker-x4
Trainers' Mail-x3

Energy:10
DCE-x4
Metal-x6

Yeah, that's my list, I suggest you playtest it and see how it works for you.

I agree with this deck list completely. It is good.
But, I mean -- short of the float stones, I think the thread was called the
Future: Metal Rai /Circle Circuit. Chuckles, I'm really not seeing any future. ;)

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing about with the deck in current format, and this is what I've came to at the moment:

Pokémon x17
  • Pikachu (XY Base) x4
  • Raichu (XY Base) x4
  • Dialga-EX (PHF) x1
  • Aegislash-EX (PHF) x1
  • Shaymin-EX (ROS) x1
  • Bronzor (PHF, to be BRT) x3
  • Bronzong (PHF) x3

Trainers x32
  • Ultra Ball x4
  • VS Seeker x4
  • Trainer's Mail x3
  • Sky Field x3
  • Shauna x2
  • Professor Birch's Observations x2
  • Battle Reporter x2
  • Switch x2
  • Escape Rope x2
  • Lysandre x2
  • Pokémon Fan Club x2
  • Enhanced Hammer x2
  • Sacred Ash x1
  • Battle Compressor x1

Energy x11
  • Double Colorless Energy x4
  • Metal Energy x7

~

And for the fun, some explanations of my changes/results from testing:
Sycamore -> Shauna
I tried running Sycamore, but it really doesn't work with my style of play (I was also advised to swap back to Shauna by one of my local Professors). With Sycamore in, I often end up milling myself very quickly as I play hand shufflers (sycamore/birch/shauna etc.) very often.

Battle Reporter
This is a card I just personally like, it's surprisingly not too situational and handy if you want more cards but have a few things you want to hold on to (evolutions/hammers/other supporters)

Battle Compressor x2 -> x1
I didn't feel like I needed 2, as once I have energy in my discard it's a wasted slot (I can easily get energy in my discard too with ultra balls)

No Lugia-EX, Aegislash-EX x2 -> x1, Dialga-EX
I found myself focusing on the EXs a bit too much when the main part of the deck is actually CC Raichu. So I now have an Aegislash and a Dialga as back up attackers. Considering having 2 Dialga-EX instead of 1 as it's a very solid fighter and good for dealing with the EXs that Raichu can't quite kill (160 isn't quite enough for some EXs as they can OHKO Raichu often as it just has 90hp).

Escape Rope
Another one I was suggested for from playing with a Professor (or less suggested, and more of a "you could've won if you were using this"). I think it fits nice into the deck as Raichu has free retreat, so I can use it to get rid of the opponent's baddies, switch to a Raichu then switch to whatever I want. Also handy for more ways out of Aegislash-EX as I'm often using it as a wall.

Shaymin-EX x2 -> x1
I found myself milling myself more than necessary with 2 (as I'd get them both out first turn) along with the fact that they are very easy bench snipes.

Considerations for addition:
Muscle Band x3-4
For putting on Raichu, as Raichu very often meets targets where 160dmg isn't enough to knock out opposing EXs.

Weakness Policy / Flash Energy x3-4
In the past week or so I've noticed a lot of Fighting decks, which are Raichu's counter. Being a basic with 90hp, x2 damage is very nasty. Flash Energy is probably a much better choice as it counts for an energy and gives me the option for muscle bands still.

Wally x2-4
Pretty underrated card, but being able to Raichu on turn 1 could allow me to do damage before they've even set up properly. (Pikachu as active -> Shaymin EX -> Sky field in, fill up bench, Wally on to Pikachu, DCE on to Raichu)

Future: Brigette x1-2
Most likely will be replacing Pokemon Fan Club as it doesn't find much use (I can usually get enough Basics with Ultra Balling Shaymin-EX, then playing a Shauna/Birch/Reporter if necessary). I use PFC to search for Pikachus and Bronzors primarily (though it's handy being able to search out one of my EXs still too). Possibly run Brigette x1 / PFC x1 as they have very similar effects.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Could you please edit your main post with the cards that are currently in the deck so that way we know what you are currently working with when members first look at your thread. Thanks :)

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Could you please edit your main post with the cards that are currently in the deck so that way we know what you are currently working with when members first look at your thread. Thanks :)

Sorted that. I was leaving it as is so it makes more sense when you follow through but I guess it's more important they know what is the current deck rather than the full chronological changes.​