• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: Magnezone SM5/Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokémon (13):

3x Magnezone
1x Magneton
3x Magnemite
1x Solgaleo Prism Star
2x Tapu Lele-GX (2 is fine because of Glaceon-GX coming out)
3x Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX

Trainers (35):

4x Sycamore
3x N
3x Cynthia
1x Skyla
1x Cyrus Prism Star (Might as well; it can be annoying)
2x Brigette
3x Guzma
4x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
1x Professor's Letter
3x Field Blower
4x Mt. Coronet
2x Choice Band
2x Float Stone

Energy (12):

12x Steel Energy

Magnezone:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/11/magnezone-from-sm5

Dusk Mane Necrozma:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/11/dusk-mane-necrozma-gx-and-dawn-wings-necrozma-gx-from-sm5

Solgaleo Prism Star:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/11/solgaleo-prism-star-the-first-prism-star-pokemon-from-sm5

Cynthia:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/10/cynthia-from-solgaleo-and-lunala-starter-set

Cyrus Prism Star:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/11/cyrus-prism-star-from-sm5

Mt. Coronet:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/11/mt-coronet-from-sm5

Strategy:

Spam Meteor Tempest with Magnezone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Solgaleo Prism Star is a good inclusion for recycling energy both late and early game.

I think 1 Solgaleo Prism Star and 2 Professor's Letter will do you better than 4 Puzzle of Time.

The ceiling on Puzzle of Time is play 2 cards, grab 2 back, so if you Mallow for 2 Puzzle of Times you only get 2 energy back. Now I know that Puzzle of Time can grab more than just energy, but if you're playing Puzzle of Time primarily with energy in mind, I don't think it's the best way to do things.

If you Mallow for 2 Professor's Letters you can get 4 energy and go right off right away on DM Necrozma, and via Solgaleo Prism Star you can cycle the discarded energy a lot more cleanly.

Also, Puzzle of Time is limited to you already having energy in the discard while having both Solgaleo Prism Star on top of more Professor's Letter allows you to search for energy from deck for your early game and then recover massive quantities of energy from discard in the mid to late game. You can easily promote Solgaleo Prism Star to the active when your previous active gets KO'd and you can maintain momentum. Doesn't cost you anything either (7 prize game). I should also mention that banking your entire energy acceleration strategy on the ability of Magnezone means that your entire deck is shut down by a single Garbodor. You want energy acceleration that's not in the form of an ability to function under unoptimal circumstances like Garbodor.

And while I understand you're running Zoroark so you may feel like you don't need 4 Sycamore, you absolutely still want 4 for the draw rate - any that you don't need you can use to pay the discard cost for Trade later. Also I think that not running maximum Sycamore in a puzzle of time list is a bit strange since you don't care about discarding aggressively when you can recover any of your resources later.

-4 Puzzle of Time
-1 Energy Retreival (you don't need this playing Solgaleo Prism Star who is far more searchable via Ultra Ball & Brigette)

+2 Sycamore (total of 4)
+1 Professor's Letter (total of 2)
+1 Solgaleo Prism Star (for reasons addressed above)
+1 Mallow (I think Mallow at 1 doesn't show up often enough. 2 copies always seems to show up for me at the right times, but 1 copy I always have to Lele for and I don't always have the bench space to do that)

Also, personally not a fan of 2 Brigette in any deck, so I would -1 Brigette for +1 Choice Band. If Solgaleo GX actually becomes a big thing, you're going to want access to hitting 250 damage very often. Every evolution deck is going to perform worse if it doesn't get T1 Brigette, and there's no way to guarantee T1 Brigette even if you play 4. I don't really like arguing "which deck gets shafted the most by not getting turn 1 Brigette" since it really depends on your opening hand whether or not you can recover. Gardevoir has Sylveon GX so "it doesn't get affected as much by missing T1 Brigette." Well if you didn't open Eevee, or have no energy, and/or no Ultra Ball to grab Eevee, and no way to get it to the active, it really doesn't matter does it?

Now that we have seen glaceon gx and mt coronet, what would you change?
I think that zoroark loses traction with t1 ability lock being possible, maybe switch it with mt coronets?

Now that we have seen glaceon gx and mt coronet, what would you change?
I think that zoroark loses traction with t1 ability lock being possible, maybe switch it with mt coronets?
Yeah was just thinking that. I'll update the list in a sec.
I think 1 Solgaleo Prism Star and 2 Professor's Letter will do you better than 4 Puzzle of Time.

The ceiling on Puzzle of Time is play 2 cards, grab 2 back, so if you Mallow for 2 Puzzle of Times you only get 2 energy back. Now I know that Puzzle of Time can grab more than just energy, but if you're playing Puzzle of Time primarily with energy in mind, I don't think it's the best way to do things.

If you Mallow for 2 Professor's Letters you can get 4 energy and go right off right away on DM Necrozma, and via Solgaleo Prism Star you can cycle the discarded energy a lot more cleanly.

Also, Puzzle of Time is limited to you already having energy in the discard while having both Solgaleo Prism Star on top of more Professor's Letter allows you to search for energy from deck for your early game and then recover massive quantities of energy from discard in the mid to late game. You can easily promote Solgaleo Prism Star to the active when your previous active gets KO'd and you can maintain momentum. Doesn't cost you anything either (7 prize game). I should also mention that banking your entire energy acceleration strategy on the ability of Magnezone means that your entire deck is shut down by a single Garbodor. You want energy acceleration that's not in the form of an ability to function under unoptimal circumstances like Garbodor.

And while I understand you're running Zoroark so you may feel like you don't need 4 Sycamore, you absolutely still want 4 for the draw rate - any that you don't need you can use to pay the discard cost for Trade later. Also I think that not running maximum Sycamore in a puzzle of time list is a bit strange since you don't care about discarding aggressively when you can recover any of your resources later.

-4 Puzzle of Time
-1 Energy Retreival (you don't need this playing Solgaleo Prism Star who is far more searchable via Ultra Ball & Brigette)

+2 Sycamore (total of 4)
+1 Professor's Letter (total of 2)
+1 Solgaleo Prism Star (for reasons addressed above)
+1 Mallow (I think Mallow at 1 doesn't show up often enough. 2 copies always seems to show up for me at the right times, but 1 copy I always have to Lele for and I don't always have the bench space to do that)

Also, personally not a fan of 2 Brigette in any deck, so I would -1 Brigette for +1 Choice Band. If Solgaleo GX actually becomes a big thing, you're going to want access to hitting 250 damage very often. Every evolution deck is going to perform worse if it doesn't get T1 Brigette, and there's no way to guarantee T1 Brigette even if you play 4. I don't really like arguing "which deck gets shafted the most by not getting turn 1 Brigette" since it really depends on your opening hand whether or not you can recover. Gardevoir has Sylveon GX so "it doesn't get affected as much by missing T1 Brigette." Well if you didn't open Eevee, or have no energy, and/or no Ultra Ball to grab Eevee, and no way to get it to the active, it really doesn't matter does it?
I'll consider this, thanks!

Check the OP for an updated list in a sec.

I maybe underestimated this earlier. I've been making proxies IRL and it works well, like the old Blastoise/Black Kyurem deck. I might post my own list, once I find the right build, amount of cards etc...

No Energy Retrieval or 1-of Fisherman? Blastoise back in my day always played Energy Retrieval. Fisherman is meh, because you already have Mt. Coronet, but even with it, Energy Retrieval is still great because you may whiff Energy with only Mt. Coronet if you play 12. Coronet only nets you 2/4 Energy required for DM Necrozma, so Energy Retrievals makes it possible to attack consecutively to a more realistic win standard.

No Energy Retrieval or 1-of Fisherman? Blastoise back in my day always played Energy Retrieval. Fisherman is meh, because you already have Mt. Coronet, but even with it, Energy Retrieval is still great because you may whiff Energy with only Mt. Coronet if you play 12. Coronet only nets you 2/4 Energy required for DM Necrozma, so Energy Retrievals makes it possible to attack consecutively to a more realistic win standard.
What do you think about a Super Rod? That way I have a way to recover Pokémon too.

Your list looks solid to me! My only suggestion would be cutting one Sycamore for a fourth N. I'd rather play 4 N personally, and running 3 Cynthia with 3 Sycamore is more than enough draw power.

I'd rather play 4 N personally, and running 3 Cynthia with 3 Sycamore is more than enough draw power.
With this list, I think it would be more preferable to play the 4 Sycamores rather than 4 N.
Shuffle draw that decreases in the late game can wreck consistency, plus you'll give your opponent a fresh hand if they're falling behind. If you want to run a 4-of supporter that isn't Sycamore, you'd probably rather use Cynthia.

With Sycamore, you can discard metal energy (that you need in the discard to accelerate energy using Mt. Coronet), plus you'll be getting more cards.

Anyway, on with the list.
I think that Dialga GX would be great. You get the option to use Mt. Coronet twice in succession, attack twice, use 2 supporters, etc. It's very good, especially since you'll be able to have the energy on him. Five energy wasn't hard enough to accelerate for Archie's Blastoise, it shouldn't be too hard for this list.

I got a suggestion on my metal toolbox list that was to add Dawn Wings Necrozma and Float Stones, which would be great for this list for constant free retreat and the ability to negate special conditions such as sleep or paralysis.

I also think Solgaleo Prism Star is a must for this deck, as early-game acceleration without Magnezone is excellent.

I haven't tried testing this deck yet, but do you think that late game draw support would be useful? Maybe throw in an Oranguru or some other draw card. I think the Cynthias are nice for this reason though, so I'm not sure Oranguru would be necessary. Overall though, nice list! There is not much I'd change (except maybe a third Choice Band and a Dialga GX). By the way, I don't know what the ULP Magnemite will be like, but I suggest you play the BKT one with the free retreat ability. May come in handy at some point. Good luck!

Back