• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: M Rayquaza EX (Dragon) / Vivillon

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
This is an idea I've been thinking about, trying to find ways to make the Dragon-type M/ Rayquaza into a workable future-Standard deck.

Pokémon: 17
  • 4 Rayquaza-EX (Dragon, AOR)
  • 2 M Rayquaza-EX (Dragon, AOR)
  • 1 Hoopa-EX (AOR)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS)
  • 1 Giratina-EX (AOR)
  • 1 Hydreigon-EX (ROS)
  • 2 Scatterbug (BRT)
  • 2 Spewpa (BRT)
  • 2 Vivillon (BRT)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 4 Shauna
  • 3 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Skyla
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Rayquaza Spirit Link
  • 2 Shrine of Memories
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 2 Reserved Ticket (BRT)
Energy: 11
  • 4 Fire Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

Start off on Rayquaza EX, use Hoopa to get Hydreigon, M Rayquaza/Giratina and Shaymin. Shaymin -> Shaymin -> Shauna/Birch until you have Forest of Giant Plants in play, and up to two Vivillons set up (possibly run some Super Scoop Up/AZ to get the Shaymins off the bench for more space?). Use the Vivillons to attach Fire and Electric energies on to Rayquaza, as well as attaching one from your hand (or a Double Dragon Energy). Once the two Vivillons are set up, use Shrine of Memories so Rayquaza can use Dragon Strike (or Dragon Claw) on weaker foes and not need to discard any energy.

XY6_EN_60.png
XY6_EN_61.png
VivillonBREAKthrough15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Smith doesn't work either. You may only attach energy from your discard pile to fire pokemon with blacksmith...

Black Smith doesn't work either. You may only attach energy from your discard pile to fire pokemon with blacksmith...

I really should've caught that one at the same time as the Burning Energy. Maybe a deck like this would simply work better with Fire type Pokémon rather than me removing Blacksmith and Burning Energy. For instance:

XYP_EN_XY54.png
XY2_EN_12.png
XY5_EN_29.png

imo mega rayquaza works best with the acceleration of reshiram. The only downside to it is that its pretty much an autoloss or at least a very hard matchup against non EX decks like falreon, vespiquen, night march etc. Sure Shrine of Memories is a thing but all of these decks play heavy stadium lines to counter your optional dragon pulse. So you pretty much have to dragon ascent every turn to get only one prize.
actually the dragon ray is pretty fast! my broter played a deck i could give you some kind of skeleton I remember…

3 Rayquaza (Dragon)
3 M Rayquaza (Dragon)
2 Hydreigon EX
3 Reshiram
2 Shaymin EX

4 Juniper
2 Lysandre
1 N
2 Lysandre

4 Ultra Ball
4 Switch (Very important to get consistent energy flow)
4 VS Seeker
2 Professors Letter
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Computer Search
2 Scorched Earth
2 Shrine of Memories

2 Lightning
7 Fire
4 DDE

again, this is not the complete list of course but maybe this could be a start for your Dragon Ray deck. I hope this helps : )

why not play both vavillon and reshiram, either way it just seems like the deck doesn't get enough support for energy setup. Expanded and play emboar so you can drop energy onto mega rayquaza and hit for 300 everyturn.

Back