• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: M-Mewtwo EX / Volcarona

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 15
  • 3 M-Mewtwo EX (Blue Impact)
  • 3 Mewtwo EX (Red Flash)
  • 3 Volcarona (AO #17)
  • 4 Larvesta
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 4 Dimension Valley
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna / Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Giovanni's Plans
  • 4 Wally
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
Energy: 11
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 7 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

The strategy of this deck is too start of with Larvesta and be able to turn one Wally into Volcarona so that you can use solar birth to attach two energy onto a Mewtwo and start building up powerful vanishing strikes, not vanising. Of course Dimension Valley is there to increase the damage done by vanishing strike and too reduce its energy cost.

Would like to mention that this is the M-Mewtwo X version not the Y version just so that you guys don't get confused.

I am just posting a number of future decks to see what people think about them so any suggestions mean so much thank you.

You can find a link to all Breakthrough set translations here:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/09/red-flash-blue-impact-translations

Last edited:
So I really do like the concept you are trying to do. While I do think M.Mewtwo EX (Blue Impact) is not a great card, I feel like it's just short of dealing that game breaking damage that could make or break this deck.

Here are some cards to look at that could prove very useful to this deck.

Tool Retriever/Muscle Band: While this may seem like an awkward combination. These two together put M. Mewtwo at 220 damage, knocking out M. Manectric in one hit. While this may seem like a bit much to run, and depending how tight the deck is due to other cards being needed, if you have the spare room, this could be the way to go.

Giovanni's Plans: Another solid card for this deck and would give you two options, to draw cards or to gain an extra 20 damage. This means, that you wouldn't have to run the prior strategy I mentioned and you'd still have a solid 220 damage hitter. This would be a great replacement for Xerosic and possibly for one or two Shauna/Birch or even a Shaymin-EX if you're trying to avoid them being Lysandre'd.

M.Manectric/Battle Compressor: This may start getting a bit clunky but if you're able to find the right balance, this may work for you. Add a Professor's Letter or two and you can just compress energy away to attach to Mewtwo as M.Manectric not only accelerates energy, but can also deal damage so you're not stuck. Of course, as I said this may prove to be way to clunky and not worth it.

Absol: It's ability allows you to remove three damage from your Pokémon and place it on your opponent's Pokémon, this could help if your not wanting to waste much more space. Giving you a possible total of 230 damage. AZ is a perfect partner for this card.

Overall, I'd say this would run pretty smoothly and doesn't really need much swapped around. If anything, Xerosic and one Wally could be dropped for something else. Otherwise, I really like this deck and I hope it works out for you.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Wow thanks so much for all these suggestions like you said 200 is a bit of an awkward number to hit so I think the tool retriever/muscle band combo or Giovanni's plans is a good idea. Absol and the AZ or also good ideas. I will probably either implement the Giovanni's plans or absol/AZ combo for that extra punch. I do think that the mega manectric battle compressor combo would be good but as mentioned fairly clunky so ya. But thanks so much for these suggestions really helps out so much thank you again.

Pokemon: 15
  • 3 M-Mewtwo EX (Blue Impact)
  • 3 Mewtwo EX (Red Flash)
  • 3 Volcarona (AO #17)
  • 4 Larvesta
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 4 Dimension Valley
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna / Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Giovanni's Plans
  • 4 Wally
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
Energy: 11
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 7 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

The strategy of this deck is too start of with Larvesta and be able to turn one Wally into Volcarona so that you can use solar birth to attach two energy onto a Mewtwo and start building up powerful vanishing strikes, not vanising. Of course Dimension Valley is there to increase the damage done by vanishing strike and too reduce its energy cost.

Would like to mention that this is the M-Mewtwo X version not the Y version just so that you guys don't get confused.

I am just posting a number of future decks to see what people think about them so any suggestions mean so much thank you.

You can find a link to all Breakthrough set translations here:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/09/red-flash-blue-impact-translations

Post-BT:

-1 Psychic Energy
-1 Larvesta
-3 Trainer's Mail(Skyla's surprisingly reprinted in BT, so why is Mail here?)
-2 Wally(4 Wally is excessive, considering most people use 4 VS Seekers... And how many basics do you have that can actually attack? 3? In that case, 2 Wallys down would be sufficient enough...)

+1 Machamp-EX(In case your 3rd M Mewtwo-EX is prized, and you otherwise can't reach the final two prizes: Just attach a Focus Sash, two Energies, and hope you're not poisoned, and if the focus sash activates, as long as the pokemon is affected by the streaming mad attack, you will take away a victory from the foe, which would fall 10 HP shy of a W against you...)
+1 Focus Sash(In case you have to use Machamp-EX in lieu of a prized M Mewtw0-EX)
+2 Skyla(Entire deck available to choose from in terms of trainer cards vs. just the top 5? Skyla prevails against Mail)
+1 VS Seeker(Nowadays, no deck is complete w/o the fourth VS Seeker...)
+2 Muscle Band(For the added 20)

^ What do you think?

I thank you for the great suggestions I am just gonna do some strategy discussion. I definetely want 4 Larvesta because I want to start with it as often as possible. I do think trainers mail is better than Skyla because it does not use your supporter for the turn and there is nothing an item or something that is essential to the strategy that I need every turn. I definetely want 4 Wally so that I can get Volcarona up turn one and start accelerating energy onto a Mewtwo or M-Mewtwo.
I do think I would only like to devote my heavy energy costs to my mega mewtwos but I am thinking I could drop one psychic energy maybe for something else. Regardless thank you so much for taking time to view my deck list and commenting it means a lot and good luck with any deck plans you may have.

Back