• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: M-Mewtwo EX / Bronzong

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 18
  • 3 M Mewtwo EX (Red Flash)
  • 3 Mewtwo EX (Blue Impact)
  • 3 Bronzong (Phantom Forces)
  • 3 Bronzor (Red Flash)
  • 2 Aegislash EX
  • 1 Zoroark (Blue Impact)
  • 1 Zorua (Blue Impact)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Shauna/Birchs Observations
  • 1 AZ
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
Energies: 11
  • 7 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The strategy is pretty simple power up your mega mewtwo with Bronzongs metal links to do big amounts of damage with psychic infinity. Also with zoroarks impersonate and a float stone it acts as Keldeos rush in, retreat tactic so you can metal links with more ease onto your attackers. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You can find a link to all XY8 Breakthrough card translations here:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/09/red-flash-blue-impact-translations

Last edited:
Glad to see someone else working on this deck, it's the deck I plan to play instead of Metal Ray when the new set comes out.

I would go at least 3-3 Bronzong, imo you ideally want two out for most of the game and running 3 will mean that you're not losing out greatly if one's prized, or if you have to Sycamore one away. I think a 2-2 line of Zoroark would be good as well, also for prize-related reasons, though running 3 evolution lines may get a little clunky, so you'll have to see how they do. A Hoopa-EX would be a good consideration because benching it lets you search for 2 Mewtwos and a Shaymin, and since you're using Skyfield you'll easily have the bench space.

Trainer-wise it might just be my personal preferences, but I'm not a huge fan of Acro Bike outside of hyper-speed decks like Vespiquen now that LTC has been banned. I would probably also drop the Max Potion for another Battle Compressor, and take out a Judge and Pokemon Fan Club for space elsewhere. I don't know if I'd even run Judge at more than 1, and use Shauna instead, but that all depends on your testing.

Ya it's a deck I'm pretty excited for like u said glad to see someone else planning this deck, the 3-3 Bronzong line is a better call also the 2-2 Zoroark line like you said for prize reasons and I'm not sure if I do want to throw in a hoopa but like u said because I have sky field, bench space isn't a big deal but if I do throw it in I will drop a Pokemon fan club. I do like acro bike to speed things up but like you said I may wanna drop it for other things that I need. I might want to drop judges for better draw supporters. Thanks so much for the suggestions I will take them into account and good luck with your own build on this deck.

Wow!! Good strategy and deck. Can you please. put Zorua,Zoroark,Bronzor,M-Mewtwo-EX being part of BREAK Through because they are guarantee to be there.

Good list!

I think I might go down to a two Mewtwo and two Mega Mewtwo line. I would add in a second agislash and hetran. With garitini and regice looming out there, it could go in a badway if something gets prized. I'm figuring this is for expanded because you have max potion in there. I think I would replace max potion and sacred ash and xerosic for 3 trainers mail because you running quite a few pokemon. I'd Replace a Sycamore for an ultra ball and go down to two stadiums. I would add in a second lysander. I'd replace one shauna for an AZ.

I assume a perfect bench setup might look like Mewtow EX, Zorak, Agislash/Heatran (depending on match), Bronzor, Shaymin, with another Bronzor in active. Turn one.

Where your setup is a bit more defensive, because Mega Mewtwo's attack is a dce that is depended on energy, mine is all about getting a DCE and a bench setup. With the bench setup, save for Zorak, you can attach a DCE to anyone of those pokemon and not feel bad about it. Between Shaymin, Ultraballs, Trianers Mail, and your supporters the above might work reasonably.

Just thoughts, Thanks for a peek at your list.

Wow!! Good strategy and deck. Can you please. put Zorua,Zoroark,Bronzor,M-Mewtwo-EX being part of BREAK Through because they are guarantee to be there.
Ok I will thank you I just wanted to make sure people understood which mewtwo, and which Zorua and that I wasn't using the phantom forces Bronzor.

Last edited:
Good list!

I think I might go down to a two Mewtwo and two Mega Mewtwo line. I would add in a second agislash and hetran. With garitini and regice looming out there, it could go in a badway if something gets prized. I'm figuring this is for expanded because you have max potion in there. I think I would replace max potion and sacred ash and xerosic for 3 trainers mail because you running quite a few pokemon. I'd Replace a Sycamore for an ultra ball and go down to two stadiums. I would add in a second lysander. I'd replace one shauna for an AZ.

I assume a perfect bench setup might look like Mewtow EX, Zorak, Agislash/Heatran (depending on match), Bronzor, Shaymin, with another Bronzor in active. Turn one.

Where your setup is a bit more defensive, because Mega Mewtwo's attack is a dce that is depended on energy, mine is all about getting a DCE and a bench setup. With the bench setup, save for Zorak, you can attach a DCE to anyone of those pokemon and not feel bad about it. Between Shaymin, Ultraballs, Trianers Mail, and your supporters the above might work reasonably.

Just thoughts, Thanks for a peek at your list.
That is a good point I had liked to add more Heatran and aegislash I wil take it into consideration, also actually max potion is getting a reprint that was my mistake for not including the Golduck break deck translations. I will consider dropping a sycamore for an ultra ball, but I will definitely drop a stadium for a Lysandre I see the point you are trying to make there. All the suggestions you've made I will take into consideration, and thank YOU for taking a minute to look at my deck list.

I think you have far to many pokemon, bulking up pokemon may make them more playable, but make's playing other cards substantially harder to play mid to late game when you need them.

2-2 m-mewtwo or mewtwo y (I insist on keeping the 3 spirit link, if you play 1 sacred ash, you increase your chances of playing mewtwo y to 4-4 at just playing 2-2 in your deck initially, but the thing is your never going to see a play of more then 2 mega mewtwo's on the bench viably enough for play)
1-1 zoroark (if you run sacred ash it shouldn't be an issue, essentially this card is a tech for it's effect, running 2 put's you at to much of a risk for starting out with it when you don't want to, if it becomes a mild hassle to play it at 1-1 try 2 evosoda, works wonders in the deck as it offer's universal support for mewtwo, bronzong and Zoroark)
2 aegislash (if you have 2 it's worth play at 2, if you don't don't worry, but don't think that you need to sub a 2nd aegislash for a heatran, it's not worth the slot in standard).

Other then that, if you were to reduce your supporter count/something else for 2 more battle compressor's, 1 more skyfield and max potion and 1 AZ it's a solid start.

I think you have far to many pokemon, bulking up pokemon may make them more playable, but make's playing other cards substantially harder to play mid to late game when you need them.

2-2 m-mewtwo or mewtwo y (I insist on keeping the 3 spirit link, if you play 1 sacred ash, you increase your chances of playing mewtwo y to 4-4 at just playing 2-2 in your deck initially, but the thing is your never going to see a play of more then 2 mega mewtwo's on the bench viably enough for play)
1-1 zoroark (if you run sacred ash it shouldn't be an issue, essentially this card is a tech for it's effect, running 2 put's you at to much of a risk for starting out with it when you don't want to, if it becomes a mild hassle to play it at 1-1 try 2 evosoda, works wonders in the deck as it offer's universal support for mewtwo, bronzong and Zoroark)
2 aegislash (if you have 2 it's worth play at 2, if you don't don't worry, but don't think that you need to sub a 2nd aegislash for a heatran, it's not worth the slot in standard).

Other then that, if you were to reduce your supporter count/something else for 2 more battle compressor's, 1 more skyfield and max potion and 1 AZ it's a solid start.
Thank you so much for the thought I do think that the 3-3 line of mega Mewtwo is better because it makes it easier to set it up turn two but if I do reduce it to the 2-2 line then that's when I would add the two evosoda. The 1-1 Zoroark line is better now that I think about it because this isn't a deck that relies on the impersonate-retreat tactic like dialga ex and rayquaza ex with eelektrik it is more of a tech in this deck. I had considered the 2 aegislash because it's just so good so I will add that. Also I would add more compressors, the extra stadium, another max potion and an AZ but including is hard due to space. Thank you so much for the tips I really feel the help thank you again.

Back