• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Future Lurantis

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Lurantis – Grass – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Fomantis

Ability: Sunny Day
As long as this Pokemon is in play, each of your [G] and [R] Pokemon do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[G][G][C] Solar Beam: 80 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Pokemon: 15
4 Fomantis SM1
2 Lurantis GX SM1
4 Lurantis SM1+
1 Morellul SM1
1 Shiinotic SM1
1 Virizion AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS

Trainers: 36
2 Revitalizer
4 Forest of Giant Plants
4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Olympia
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
1 Professor's Letter
1 Town Map
2 Weakness Policy
2 Choice Band

Energy: 9
9 Grass

The idea of the deck is to assemble a swarm of Lurantis quickly, the GX as the active first, and have the non-GX Lurantis pump up all your other Grass Pokemon with its Sunny Day ability. Due to Forest of Giant Plants, Revitalizer, and Shiinotic, I feel running 6 Lurantis is justified due to the fast evolution, search, and recycle. Early game plan is to have energy acceleration that hurts in the form of GX's first attack, also fueling the Sunny Day Lurantis so they can start doing damage themselves. Ideally, this is to only have one 2 Prize target, then trail the rest of the game with 1 Prize attackers. Virizion is somewhat of a basic backup attacker that's also easily pumped up. Oranguru defends against N in the lategame, but I'm sure Shaymin EX is absolutely great here.

Tool choice I'm a bit unsure of. Float Stone may be key here to flow a bit better since no Pokemon here has free retreat otherwise, sadly. Exp Share seems like it could be an okay option as well.

Last edited:

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Love the deck and seems pretty good, just wanna point out you listed 16 Pokemon, not 15

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I like the idea of Lurantis, but it just takes the autoloss to Volcanion up the butt. It has literally no way to win against it the way your list(and more or less the concept)is built.
Have you thought about Vaporeon from AOR? Lurantis and the GX are both stage 1, so they can become water types to at least trade well. It also seems like you based your list off of the GX attack, which you can only use once a game. I don't think Exp. Share is necessary, since you build energy REALLY fast. And since you play 2 Revitalizer, you probably want to play 3 Lurantis GX, because that's what you want to attack with most of the time, since it has the 40 for 1 G attack. Have you noticed that the deck is suspiciously close to how Volcanion plays? If I build the deck, I would base if off the Volcanion engine, although Lurantis can't exactly use Hoopa... And I don't want to be one of those people, but anything that plays FoGP needs Shaymin, especially since you want to dig through your deck to start the mirage of damage early on. I don't know if I like Virizion in here, but for a loss of a better basic grass attacker, I'll say keep it, for now. Maybe also a Trevenant-EX?

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
Vaporeon from AOR may help agaisnt volcanion matches, but theres something even more useful for that which cost less space in the deck, the card name is Weakness Policy.
In Mega Evolution era Weakness Policy was inviable because we had to use spirit links, but thats not the case in GX era.
With Lurants GX's HP, fast energy build up and good damager attack that also heals itself, I think its pretty much a must having Weakness Policy in this deck to prevent 1 hit KO from weakness.
And yeah, exp.share is pretty much useless here, so you can take out them and add Weakness Policy.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Vaporeon from AOR may help agaisnt volcanion matches, but theres something even more useful for that which cost less space in the deck, the card name is Weakness Policy.
In Mega Evolution era Weakness Policy was inviable because we had to use spirit links, but thats not the case in GX era.
With Lurants GX's HP, fast energy build up and good damager attack that also heals itself, I think its pretty much a must having Weakness Policy in this deck to prevent 1 hit KO from weakness.
And yeah, exp.share is pretty much useless here, so you can take out them and add Weakness Policy.
As much as I hate weakness Policy, Hyakko is right. It helps more than Vaporeon, it's more consistent, it takes less space, and now we have a good enough excuse to use it.
Rip in pieces Muscle Band.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
How could Brigette work? Since you play the Toad(not Seismitoad) line, and you want to mass evolve quickly, I think it could be nice, but I'm not too sure.

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
How could Brigette work? Since you play the Toad(not Seismitoad) line, and you want to mass evolve quickly, I think it could be nice, but I'm not too sure.
What are you talking about? lol

Float stone is an ok tool for this deck, I guess you could run 2-2 Float Stone and Weakness Policy.
Theres also that Choice Band tool promo card that will be given away in some japanese tournament some time in a near future that could take the place of these Float Stones.

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer
What are you talking about? lol

Float stone is an ok tool for this deck, I guess you could run 2-2 Float Stone and Weakness Policy.
Theres also that Choice Band tool promo card that will be given away in some japanese tournament some time in a near future that could take the place of these Float Stones.

I would run the choice bands and vaporeon build with maybe 1 weakness policy because if vaporeon and baby lurantis are set up you can attack for 90 dmg x2 against volc which can OHKO a non-fighting fury belt volcanion ex. Maybe some level balls for vaporeon acceleration

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
I would run the choice bands and vaporeon build with maybe 1 weakness policy because if vaporeon and baby lurantis are set up you can attack for 90 dmg x2 against volc which can OHKO a non-fighting fury belt volcanion ex. Maybe some level balls for vaporeon acceleration
Just 1 weakness policy isnt enough.
You gotta remember that unlike Lurantis, Vaporeon can't evolve the same turn it's played , so it might take some time before you manage to set up one.
While doing that, it's most likely that you will take some heavy damage or even KO'd if you don't have Weakness Policy on.
The only 2 ways to evolve Vaporeon on the same turn it's played is with either Wally or putting a water energy on the new Eevee (which isn't worth using in this deck).

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe a couple wallys to help but if you dont evolve into the gx immediately it can help with the prize trading. The choice band is definitely the superior tool in the deck. The weakness policy is not as important because if you cannot knock out the volcanion quickly the lurantis has no chance at 2HKO even with the policies.

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe a couple wallys to help but if you dont evolve into the gx immediately it can help with the prize trading. The choice band is definitely the superior tool in the deck. The weakness policy is not as important because if you cannot knock out the volcanion quickly the lurantis has no chance at 2HKO even with the policies.
You are forgetting that it's not about just these 2 tools, he could simply take off the float stones and keep 2-2 choice band and weakness policy.
as for switching pokémons, he could use escape rope/switch or even olympia.
And even with wally, its still not 100% chance of setting up Vaporeon on T1.

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer
All im saying is the better build imo would be 4 choice bands and 1-2 policies. No float stones just switches/escape ropes/olympia. Level and nest balls combined with wally for turn 1 vaporeons. If the volcanion player sets up before vaporeon is out the weakness policies do nothing with helping return knock outs. They can still OHKO while you cannot.

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
with choice band: both 1 hit ko each other if you have some Lurantis SM1+ in your bench.
with Weakness Policy: no1 1 hit ko each other.
with both Weakness Policy and Vaporeon: Only Lurantis 1 hit ko Volcanion.
With choice band and Vaporeon: Both still 1 hit ko each other.

Weakness Policy kinda makes the game more stable for Lurantis.
If both are 1 hit KO each other, Lurantis will have the disavantage for being smaller in numbers and also an evolution.
And theres the little problem of Choice Band only increasing damage agaianst EX/GX... So, Volcanion babies wont be affected by them and will survive if they are with FFB and if you don't have Vaporeon.

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer
Thats the thing a volcanion can OHKO even with the weakness policy by way of steam ups....making it way less useful. As far as baby volcanion goes you would need 2 baby lurantis on the bench if its ffb otherwise just 1. And you're wrong about being able to OHKO volcanion ex back without vaporeon unless you set up 3 baby lurantis (or 2 and kukui) which is highly unlikely to set up within 1-2 turns.

Last edited:

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
Thats the thing a volcanion can OHKO even with the weakness policy and steam ups....making it way less useful. As far as baby volcanion goes you would need 2 baby lurantis on the bench if its ffb otherwise just 1. And you're wrong about being able to OHKO volcanion back without vaporeon unless you set up 3 baby lurantis which is highly unlikely to set up within 1-2 turns.

I'm wrong about what?
If Lurantis GX is using Choice band, it will be doing 150 damage.
Having 2 Lurantis SM1+ (or 1 Lurantis SM1 and 1 Kukui) is more than enough to 1 hit ko volcanion EX since no1 uses FFB on them (they use float stone instead to reset volcanion EX's attack)
and with Weakness Policy, the opponent would need at least 3 more fire energy or 2 fire energy and 1 kukui to 1 hit KO Lurantis GX, which isn't that easy to achieve.

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer
Im assuming you are just attacking with the first lurantis gx attack since 3 energies in 1 turn is also unlikely. And have you ever played volcanion? it can set up 3 energy on 1 turn with max elixirs easily. with plenty of fire energies in hand to spare....

Last edited:

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
Never played with a volcanion deck, but I've played against it plently times.
I know that sometimes it can set up really fast, but volcanion also runs out of resorce pretty quickly.
And it's most likely that Volcanion EX will only be ready to attack on T2 or T3, which is enough time to set up your game.

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer
I play volcanion right now and it's possibly the most consistent deck in the format. I turn 1 normally do between 80-120 dmg about 70% of the time.