Discussion Future for Dark Type Decks

Dark

Competitive TCG Player
With top tier deck like Reshizard and PikaRom running around in the format what about dark type decks?

Here is a list for Greninja/Zoroark Tag Team GX and Incineroar GX from Team Up

****** ZoroNinja GX/Inciniroar GX ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Alolan Muk TEU 84
* 1 Ditto ◇ LOT 154
* 1 Darkrai ◇ UPR 77
* 3 Greninja & Zoroark-GX UNB 107
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Litten UNB 27
* 1 Incineroar UNB 29
* 3 Incineroar-GX TEU 97

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Dangerous Drill TEU 138
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Max Potion GRI 128
* 1 Nanu TEU 150
* 1 Black Market ◇ TEU 134
* 1 Professor Elm's Lecture LOT 188
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 1 Energy Recycle System GRI 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119

##Energy - 12

* 12 Darkness Energy SUM 170

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by DeckBox ******

This deck uses Greninja & Zoroark's GX attack to get Incinerorar GX from the discard pile out to use its ability that puts 3 damage counters on its self to get 3 dark energy from the deck and then attaches it to its self. I decided to use Alolan Muk from Team Up to slow down other decks that use a lot of items. This will help slow down decks like PikaRom after rotation. Darkrai Prism helps get more energy on the field to power Greninja & Zoroark-GX's primary attack. Dedenne-GX helps discard Incineroar GX and help you get a new hand. Ditto Prism to essentially eveole into anything. Incineroar from Unbroken Bonds to help boost damage to your opponents Pokemon.

I would probably play 13 energy but I would have to cut out some cards that really help the deck in the long run.

Lillie and Cynthia to help with draw power and Tate&Liza to use as a Switch just in case and to use as a draw card. Professor Kukui to help make sure to hit certain numbers. Guzma to guarantee K-Os.I also would play Wishful Baton to keep energy in play. Staples like Nest Ball and Ultra Ball etc. are straight forward. 1 Card that really makes the deck good in my opinion is Black Market Prism which reduces Prize Card form K-Os by one. Also Altar of the Moone for free retreat(might as well cut the Tate&Liza then)

Last edited:
I'm not sure that this is the right thread to go over your deck specifically, but as a fan of dark type pokemon myself, it's a bit disappointing they don't get nearly as much support as other pokemon types now. I hope that will change.

Back