Discussion Furfrou

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Was looking at some cards and came across this furfrou from Forbidden Lights and thought it was interesting and wanted to get your guys' oppinion on it in the meta. I myself am thinking of puting it in my tyranitar gx deck for draw power, but idk how well it will function or have the space to add it in. Please chime in about the card itself mostly.
1173456.jpg

It is okay in the Theme Format of the PTCGO, but I wouldn't run it elsewhere. Attacking to draw means you're not attacking for actual KO's. Yes, Furfrou does a little damage, but without buffs, it can't even OHKO a Magikarp. XP

The draw power isn't all that good, either, especially for a Stage 2 deck likely to have a larger, cluttered hand than one that focuses on (for example) Basics and Items which can easily be played from hand.

I’d swap that space for an Oranguru (SUM) for draw, but based on what @Otaku said, which I believe to be true, I’d go with the ever-uncommon GRI Alolan Sandslash line. Drawing a single extra card is surprisingly good, and it’s an ability.

The card itself? It can actually be the star of a mill deck, considering if you just played a bunch of items from your hand to mill your opponent, you can now get a fresh new hand of 5. On that note, Palkia GX from ULP can do the same thing, but without damage but an extra card and worth 2 prizes but more HP. It’s up to the player to decide which one is better, because they’re pretty evenly matched.

Most of us skip over these, it’s nice of you to give this old pal a spot in the spotlight.

If you want set up one of the beacon Alolan Vulpix From guardians rising would work better

There a lot of better options for a deck like that. Oranguru, Zebstrika, Lele, Swampert, LOT Ninetales GX are all good consistency boosting Pokemon that use abilities instead of attacks.

I’d swap that space for an Oranguru (SUM) for draw, but based on what @Otaku said, which I believe to be true, I’d go with the ever-uncommon GRI Alolan Sandslash line. Drawing a single extra card is surprisingly good, and it’s an ability.

The card itself? It can actually be the star of a mill deck, considering if you just played a bunch of items from your hand to mill your opponent, you can now get a fresh new hand of 5. On that note, Palkia GX from ULP can do the same thing, but without damage but an extra card and worth 2 prizes but more HP. It’s up to the player to decide which one is better, because they’re pretty evenly matched.

Most of us skip over these, it’s nice of you to give this old pal a spot in the spotlight.
Dialga Is the one that draws until you have 6 not palkia

Back