Fullmetal Alchemist

Kecleon-X

124c41+
THE TECHNIQUE OF ARTISTIC THREAD CREATION HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THROUGH THE X FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS!!!!!!

*muscleflexwithmansparkles*

Welp, there is a distinct lack of Fullmetal Alchemist in this forum, so let's change that, shall we? And remember, since not everyone has finished the entire two series and their subsequent movies like I have, please remember to use Spoiler Tags to prevent any rage induced by spoilers for either show! Except for the obvious, non revelation stuff. Like the fact that Ed and Al save Liore or do Human Transmutation. Those facts are... kind of a given. If you wanted to say something like "Oh hey, do you remember that awesome fight scene in episode W and X revealed their plan to Y? I can't believe that after all of that, Z won that fight!", spoiler tags would be necessary.

*Clap hands*

*Transmute thread*

DISCUSS AWAY

RE: Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion thread!

FMA is amazing, I got into it after Toonami was brought back and I stayed up all night and saw an episode of Brotherhood. I watched all of both series after that and it is currently my favorite anime.

I just watched the first episode today! I thought it would be extremely creepy at first when I saw the beginning, but it's really nice! :D I started with the original series. I will watch Brotherhood after it.

My local library carried the entire original manga, so needless to say, I was hooked at a young age. I watched the original anime and Brotherhood on Toonami every chance I get.

I started watching FMA because I wanted to watch all my favorite mangas as animes, and this was one of them. I started watching the original, and then Brotherhood. Both were really good, but if I had to pick one of them, I would pick Brotherhood.

Gah! No posting!? Better post an Armstrong:

1037737-fma488.jpg

was anyone surprised by gluttony stomach black hole thing in the anime? or was it just me, My friend was like yep, we knew he was a bottomless put :3

Ghost King said:
was anyone surprised by gluttony stomach black hole thing in the anime? or was it just me, My friend was like yep, we knew he was a bottomless put :3

I kind of knew it was coming from the startup of the show, but I didn't know that
he was a Pseudo-Gate designed by Dwarf in the Flask. That was a shocker, and a puzzler at the same time.

Okay, so after watching the 2003(?) anime first and then Brotherhood, the episode titled "The Other Side of the Gate" in Brotherhood, was I the only one expecting
that he would go to London and stuff like he did in the first Anime?

I credit my interest in Anime sparking to when I watched the original series of FMA many many years ago. This show will always be my favorite and 'first love' so to speak. There are no words really, you just have to watch it to understand, as so many people have. Seriously, it's hard to come across an anime fan who hasn't seen/grown to love FMA.

The plot, the characters, the concept, it all just came together perfectly to form the perfect show. Even when Al's old VA grew up and they did a recast for Brotherhood, I still enjoyed it; and that's saying a lot because VA recasts are such a turn off. It also always kept my interest, which is something I can't honestly say about the Pokemon anime for instance. However, much of that can be attributed to the fact that FMA saw an end, and Pokemon continues on. I only wish that FMA had continued on for longer, but maybe that in itself can be the fatal flaw of a series. Sometimes it just drags on for too long.

I still enjoy re-watching the entire series every so often. And just to throw this in there, I think Lust was one of the best characters in the show. Things just always got exiting when she was involved, and she's so OP! Needless to say, I mourned when she finally met her match. :(

Elite Stride said:
Seriously, it's hard to come across an anime fan who hasn't seen/grown to love FMA.

*raises hand* >_> <_<

Artemis, when I get off work I am immediately coming on Skype to shun you. >:0

I've almost finished up the original anime. The deviation from the manga really pisses me off, but its so far pretty good. The story itself isn't that bad despite the fact they didn't really have a canon ending to go off of. I definitely should've watched it before Brotherhood though, the first part of Brotherhood is a little better after having watched the original. Honestly, the entire FMA experience is only complete after you've seen both.

btw winry is my waifu back off you plebs >:(

unsheathed said:
I definitely should've watched it before Brotherhood though, the first part of Brotherhood is a little better after having watched the original.

I actually think the pacing of the original is better for the first few episodes, but Brotherhood gets much better after it moves on from there. And I agree, you can't get the complete experience without watching both.

unsheathed said:
Artemis, when I get off work I am immediately coming on Skype to shun you. >:0

FMA was released when I was on a downswing in my anime watching, so I just never picked it up. I might pick it up at some point (at least Brotherhood, which seems to be universally regarded as the better of the two series).

Elite Stride said:
However, much of that can be attributed to the fact that FMA saw an end, and Pokemon continues on. I only wish that FMA had continued on for longer, but maybe that in itself can be the fatal flaw of a series. Sometimes it just drags on for too long. I agree. Sometimes Bleach becomes a little repetitive with the filler episodes (not to say that the other times are any less awesome, but still. Filler is filler) and one of the things I loved the most about FMA was the fact that there was practically no filler. Everyone who was brought in played a very important part to the plot and everything was pulled off well in the end.

I still enjoy re-watching the entire series every so often. And just to throw this in there, I think Lust was one of the best characters in the show. Things just always got exiting when she was involved, and she's so OP! Needless to say, I mourned when she finally met her match. :(

I think we can all agree that Lust's death was one of the most awesome moments of Brotherhood ever.

Artemis said:
Elite Stride said:
Seriously, it's hard to come across an anime fan who hasn't seen/grown to love FMA.

*raises hand* >_> <_<

HERESY

*blam*

@Kecleon-X

Yup, I agree completely! That's really what made the show, and I think just one of the factors that made this series so viral was the fact the every episode moved the overall story along, and usually every step was exciting. When the audience is engaged or invested in the plot every time they watch, and not idling around with needless filler episodes, they're gonna wanna keep coming back for more.

This is one of the animes I intend to watch soon. I'll probably get the manga before watching it because I have other animes to catch up on / finish. (Fairy Tail, Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, and Toriko).

:p

I was going to post a huge minichapter-fan-fiction-thing in an attempt to make a fancy bump post (I still have the file if you'd like to see) but alas. Either way, I'll just go ahead and

52244d1343446875-f-s-various-items-merged-multiple-threads-bump.jpg
this thread up!

I recently started watching this show and [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod] was right when he told me this show is addictive. I felt connected to the chracters from the beginning (I started with Brotherhood). I really empathise with the two brothers!

I felt so sad when their mom died and they tried to get her back!

I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood a weeks ago and got instantly addicted to it. The show just gets straight to the main part and doesn't waste your time like most of these mainstream anime shows. The ending was perfect IMO.

The overall storyline and character development throughout the series were

That's not really a spoiler... XD

I really didn't like Ed at first, literally shoving his views down Rose's throat that first episode, declaring himself and other Alchemists the closest things to Gods. Of course, this changes later on (especially in Brotherhood) and dang, not only did I like Ed, I actually felt respect for him. Ditto with all of the other characters, like Mustang his gang. It's really amazing how this show makes you respect the characters.

You know, I actually recommend starting with the first Anime. There are a lot of Easter Eggs for the viewers of the first Anime, and in the first series they went into a lot of backstory for Ed and Al; something merely brushed over in the second show. I think they knew most of their viewers watched the first series and decided to skip a lot of the backstory the first put in, while still giving the general idea for the rest of their viewers. Don't get me wrong -- Brotherhood is amazing. Parts of it emotionally impacted me to a more major degree than the first show, but I really recommend watching that backstory.

... Plus the first series has Hitler and a space alien-obsessed bookworm...

Back