Discussion Full Art Trainers (Past, Present, and Future)

Gwenom

Aspiring Trainer
With several full art trainer cards released since the original FA N from the BW expansion, I was wondering what each person would consider to be their favorite full art trainer cards. One from the previous expansions rotated out of standard, one currently in standard rotation, and a card that will be in standard soon, and a FA trainer that hasn't seen the light of day. Reasons may vary for everyone, but lets keep it simple. Here is my list...

Past: Bianca
Present: Cynthia
Future: Zinnia
Dream: Elsa

I'm not huge on Full Art Trainersin general, but let's see if I can do this...

Past: Battle Reporter
Present: Delinquent
Future: Zinnia I guess? I'm not particularly excited for any, but she's probably the best of the options available.
Dream: Sabrina's Gaze. More recent? Imakuni?.

With several full art trainer cards released since the original FA N from the BW expansion
Just saying N FA is from Noble Victories, not Black & White.

Past: Professor Juniper
Present: Guzma
Future: Blaine's Explosive Battle
Dream: Imakuni?

Just saying N FA is from Noble Victories, not Black & White.

Past: Professor Juniper
Present: Guzma
Future: Blaine's Explosive Battle
Dream: Imakuni?

Thanks! I forgot what expansion N was from so I meant to just say he was from the BW series as a whole. I really like your dream FA pick. Got a good laugh when I realized what card that was.

Past: Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick and/or Korrina
Present: Alternate Art N
Future: Ultra Recon Squad

I would love to see a full art Anabel one day!

This is the thread for me, oh my wow. FA Trainers are the main cards I collect above all else, so I have a lot to say here.

Past: Wally (ROS, 107/108)
The art. It's the art with this one, it's just such a beautifully illustrated card. The background is beautiful and well-done as well. Wally's growth and character throughout RSE and ORAS was executed so well, and I think the card shows his innocence.

Present: The Masked Royal (085/SM-P)
I absolutely love the art on the card, and the fact there were only 100 of it printed definitely shows how rare it is, because if anything will make people collect cards it would be that. It really sucks it was only for an event in Japan, and the high likelihood English will never see it.

Future: Ultra Recon Squad (FBL, 130/131*)
Best art on a Full-Art Trainer I have ever seen. Wally is a 2nd place to it, but nothing beats this so far. The expressions given to them match their in-game personalities so well, and the background giving off the Ultra Wormhole vibe is just perfect. I just love Zossie. <3

Dream: Wallace
One of my favorite trainers from the Pokémon games. I'm in love with his utter flamboyance and the way he's one of the few powerful trainers to be shown doing other things, such as contests with his niece, Lisia, in ORAS. I think he's a character that gives artists lots of room to show off his big personality, leaving for some really great or poor stylistic decisions with his artwork.

* - set number unconfirmed

Past: Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick and/or Korrina
Present: Alternate Art N
Future: Ultra Recon Squad

I would love to see a full art Anabel one day!
That would be amazing! I was a fan of Anabel since her anime debut as a frontier brain. I'm glad you brought her up because I feel like she is underrated. Her FA supporter should definitely relate to Ultra Beasts.

This is the thread for me, oh my wow. FA Trainers are the main cards I collect above all else, so I have a lot to say here.

Past: Wally (ROS, 107/108)
The art. It's the art with this one, it's just such a beautifully illustrated card. The background is beautiful and well-done as well. Wally's growth and character throughout RSE and ORAS was executed so well, and I think the card shows his innocence.

Present: The Masked Royal (085/SM-P)
I absolutely love the art on the card, and the fact there were only 100 of it printed definitely shows how rare it is, because if anything will make people collect cards it would be that. It really sucks it was only for an event in Japan, and the high likelihood English will never see it.

Future: Ultra Recon Squad (FBL, 130/131*)
Best art on a Full-Art Trainer I have ever seen. Wally is a 2nd place to it, but nothing beats this so far. The expressions given to them match their in-game personalities so well, and the background giving off the Ultra Wormhole vibe is just perfect. I just love Zossie. <3

Dream: Wallace
One of my favorite trainers from the Pokémon games. I'm in love with his utter flamboyance and the way he's one of the few powerful trainers to be shown doing other things, such as contests with his niece, Lisia, in ORAS. I think he's a character that gives artists lots of room to show off his big personality, leaving for some really great or poor stylistic decisions with his artwork.

* - set number unconfirmed
I loved The Masked Royal FA. We will never see it in English along with the alternate art Giovanni FA and Jesse and James FA that both came in a Rocket briefcase. Their asking prices are absolutely ridiculous, so they sadly won't be part of my FA trainer binder. All of them have beautiful and unique designs. I would be excited if they did full arts for all of the gym leaders eventually. I'll be looking forward to Wallace. I also want to see Candice, Roxanne, Liza and Tate, Elsa, and Valarie sooner than later.

Past: Skyla (BC)
Present: Skyla (BKP)
Future: Nothing in the new set appeals to me, but a guess this would be a dream, but for a Professor Juniper Reprint so I could use my FA's from Plasma Freeze more often.

Past: Teammates
Present: Lillie-UPR
Future: Zinnia
Dream: Anabel (I'm legit surprised that she hasn't gotten a card yet)

Back