Event Ft Wayne Regionals 2016

It looks like Yveltal/Garb won 1st in Ft Wayne.

Anyone else have info on the top 8?
PB writers Jimmy Pendarvis and Andrew Mahone were in the finals with Yveltal / Garb. Jimmy will be writing a report this week. The Top 4 was Greninja and Rainbow Road. Top 8 was two Volcanion, Carbink / Zygarde, and M Scizor / Garbodor. I hope that helps!

Thanks so much for posting this!!! I haven't been able to find anything anywhere about the tournament.... So 3 of the Top 8 carried Garb... too bad so many great decks with abilities and now we'll never be able to use them.

If I had to make a wild guess, I'd say that it used Vileplume in its build.

It actually was straight Zygarde/Carbink. I watched one of it's matches on livestream yesterday. Had the non-ex Zygarde as well as the tool for the 200 damage attack.

you'll have to elaborate on who Wesley is as I'm still new to tcg.

plus he may well be a very good player but just by looking at the top 8 decks, I would imagine this is what the regionals consisted of is there a list of the match ups he had??

I would be interested more if I could find some information and analysis on the regionals. but can't find it anywhere yet.

I know it's ridiculous. Pokemon should really be doing a better job of getting this info out.

I've only faced Zygarde EX 4 times this month, but it was 3-1 against me. I am 4-8 vs. Zygarde EX since the beginning of the new rotation. Maybe we should have seen this coming.

I'm interested in zygarde purely based on what I've seen in previous results in Liverpool and dortmund.

with so many yveltal floating around which has resistance to zygarde, these are not really favourable match ups.

scizor yet again proves difficult because he can discard strong energy and scorched earth which slows the deck down even more.

greninja decks can hit the annoying carbink walls.

this is why I'm so interested in this variant of zygarde. don't get me wrong there are some simple ways off getting around most off these match ups eg don't play strong energy at all as this makes zygarde more resistant to scizor and jirachi and jirachi plays.

the only reason I can think off, was due to the success of raikou in dortmund, zygarde had a few match ups against these decks

I think most of us had written Fighting Decks off because they lost so much. Zygarde's a good card. With that tool card and a couple strong energy, it OHKO's anything.

I would be interested more if I could find some information and analysis on the regionals. but can't find it anywhere yet.
I was just going to ask this question. I'm pretty much an outsider looking in when it comes to the Pokemon TCG, but I plan on getting into it once GX's come out.

Still, I would like to know more about top placing decks, but I haven't found event results in a while. I'm not sure where to look. All of the results on Pokemon's official website are pretty dated.

I was just going to ask this question. I'm pretty much an outsider looking in when it comes to the Pokemon TCG, but I plan on getting into it once GX's come out.

Still, I would like to know more about top placing decks, but I haven't found event results in a while. I'm not sure where to look. All of the results on Pokemon's official website are pretty dated.
They've been posting results for all the Regional Championships this year, but I've only found the pages when linked to them. I still have no idea how to find the results by navigating the site, which is a problem.

I think most of us had written Fighting Decks off because they lost so much. Zygarde's a good card. With that tool card and a couple strong energy, it OHKO's anything.
I might be reading into your comment too much but since you said it, I am trying to figure it out... MATHS!

Zygarde EX has 3 attacks

- Land's Pulse [F] 20 + 20 if Stadium
- With 1 Strong Energy + 1 FF Belt => 70 max

- Cell Storm [FC] 60
- With 2 Strong Energy + FF Belt => 110 max

- Land's Wrath [FFC] 100
- With 3 Strong Energy + FF Belt => 170 max

It would definitely be OHKOing many 'mons but I can't see it hitting that 180+ mark that would tip the scales. Are there any cards I'm missing in this equation that would be better?

Giovanni's Scheme gives an extra 20, enough to hit that 190 and knock out most non-mega guys.

There's also a few fighting bench-sitters that increase damage, but I don't know that using those would be very good as you'd need several to hit 210 regularly and they are just Lysandre targets.

Back