• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Frozen Fox [Glaceon GX/Zoroark GX]

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
So since Ultra Prism is coming out in February (also my birthday) I thought I would make a quick list of glaceon, probably my favorite card from the set. But here's the list.

Pokémon:

3x Glaceon GX ULP
4x Eevee SUM
1x Zoroark BKT
2x Zoroark GX SHL
3x Zorua BKT
1x Turtonator GX GRI
2x Tapu Lele GRI
16x Cards

Trainer:
4x Ultra Ball
4x Puzzle of Time
3x Aqua Patch
3x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
3x Choice Band
3x Float Stone
4x Sycamore
3x N
2x Guzma
2x Brigette
1x Mallow
32x Cards

Energy:
7x Water Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Glaceon-GX – Water – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Ability: Freezing Stare
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, each of your opponent’s Pokemon-EX and Pokemon-GX in play, in their hand, and in their discard pile has no Abilities (except for Freezing Stare).

[W][C][C] Frozen Bullet: 90 damage. This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[W][C][C] Polar Spear GX: 50x damage. This attack does 50 damage times the number of damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

4 Eevee and 3 Glaceon GX and 1 Turtonator GX
I chose to play 4 Eevee because you wanna start with it, so you can get the turn 1 glaceon in play. That way (if you go first) your opponent won't be able to get a brigette down, slowing him or her down. It also helps against the abundance of zoroark decks running around. I also run 3 Glaceon GX since you really only need two. Turtonator also helps with the weakness to metal.

3-2-1 Zoroark Line and 4 Puzzle of Time
It's simple. Use Zoroark for draw support, and late game when you have spread damage with Frozen Bullet, you can sweep with Zoroark. I also run 1 Zoroark from BKT, as I helps with retreat, and can deal decent damage. It's also really easy to get Puzzle with Zoroark GX, so that's why we play 4 of them.

Not sure about Turtonator. Zoroark probably does more to metal foes than Turtonator would.

Back