Discussion FrostBiter12's Article Homepage

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Hey everyone, this is the homepage of m new article series I will be writing! There will be links to all of my written articles here on this page organized by the three headlines listed below and the occasional update on new topics and announcements (such as the results of major tournaments). Feel free to ask questions, state opinions, or suggest new topics to discuss and I would be happy to answer. Also, if you have an idea for a new article, just let me know and I’ll see if I can make it for you. Thanks!

Tournament Analysis:

(2017-2018; Standard)

Collinsville Regionals
Charlotte, NC Regionals
Portland, OR Regionals
Sao Paulo, Brazil Internationals

(2017-2018; Expanded)

Stuttgart, Germany Regionals

Deck Profile:

(BKT-ULP; Standard)

Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt
Gardevoir GX
Xerneas Break

PTCG Set Rankings:

Sun & Moon: Forbidden Light

Last edited:

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hmm, get inspired by me?

Anywho, great article though, you go far further in depth than me!

FrostBiter12

Hmm, get inspired by me?

Anywho, great article though, you go far further in depth than me!

Actually, one of the main reasons I joined Pokebeach was because I enjoy discussing PTCG Strategy and writing articles (which I have done a bit of before). I figured out that I can apply for becoming an article writer here on Pokebeach, though I knew I had to qualify for Worlds for a few years (and this is my first year playing competitively), and signed up to get a taste of the action. So, I discussed it with some of the forum mods and they said I can write miniature articles here in on the forums until I can apply for an official writing position. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one though, and I see you have an interest in writing as well! Also, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed my first article, I enjoy yours as well! Keep up the good work!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Actually, one of the main reasons I joined Pokebeach was because I enjoy discussing PTCG Strategy and writing articles (which I have done a bit of before). I figured out that I can apply for becoming an article writer here on Pokebeach, though I knew I had to qualify for Worlds for a few years (and this is my first year playing competitively), and signed up to get a taste of the action. So, I discussed it with some of the forum mods and they said I can write miniature articles here in on the forums until I can apply for an official writing position. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one though, and I see you have an interest in writing as well! Also, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed my first article, I enjoy yours as well! Keep up the good work!

Thanks, although my problem is I myself, haven't been involved with comp TCG since around Phantom Forces, I completely lost touch in Fates Collide, and have never been to Worlds, so I write mini articles now and forever I guess :confused:

At this moment I just can't afford Lele or any other meta staple. Nor will I ever I don't believe.

FrostBiter12

Thanks, although my problem is I myself, haven't been involved with comp TCG since around Phantom Forces, I completely lost touch in Fates Collide, and have never been to Worlds, so I write mini articles now and forever I guess :confused:

At this moment I just can't afford Lele or any other meta staple. Nor will I ever I don't believe.

I still enjoy your articles though and believe they are valid resources, Tapu Lele GX-less or not! ;)

Can you write about St. Louis?

I kinda want to see the standard meta

Sure, I'll get to work on it! I don't understand what you mean by Standard meta though as Malmö was ULP legal as well. Anyways, it will probably be up by the end of this week, so keep an eye out for it!

FrostBiter12

Just posted my Tournament Analysis for Collinsville Regionals (here in the PTCO Competitive Play forum), requested by @The Last Shaymin. There is now a link to it on the original post of this homepage. I hope you enjoy!

FrostBiter12

Can you write about what in your opinion is the BDIF???

Sure, I'll make that next week's article (though, personally, I don't think there is a BDIF, just a triangle of decks, which I'll go over how to counter them). I have back-to-back League Cups this weekend before I head out to Charlotte Regionals the week after that, so I'll go over what I think is a good play for Charlotte and what I've gathered from the previous League Cups as soon as they're both over. Wish me luck!

FrostBiter12

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that this weeks article will be a little late do to a delay. I will not be able to post it this weekend as I have tournaments to play in on both days and will not have the time to post a new article. So, keep an eye out for it this upcoming Monday-Wednesday! Thanks!

FrostBiter12

Just posted my article for this week featuring what I believe is that best play for Charlotte Regionals! Here is a link to it, so feel free to discuss, ask questions, and make suggestions. I hope you enjoy!

FrostBiter12

Hey everyone, I just want to let you know that the VikaBulu article has been moved to the Deck Garage forum since it is in better context there then here in the PTCG Competitive Play forum. Also, to keep everything organized, I will make sure to post the Deck Profile articles in the Deck Garage from now on. Hope this helps!

FrostBiter12

Hey everyone, just posted another article recently featuring Charlotte Regionals! I've been trying out some new formatting techniques to make it more organized and I think that it is a great improvement. I added a link to it in the Original Post of this Homepage, take a look and let me know what you think! Thanks!

FrostBiter12

I recently posted another article featuring Portland, OR's Regional which occurred this past weekend! There is a link to it in the Original Post of this Homepage. These past few weeks have been extremely busy for me, but I should be getting back on schedule with articles up every weekend by the beginning of April or the week after. Anyways, let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions, thoughts, or ideas for upcoming articles. Thanks!

FrostBiter12

Just posted my TCG Deck Profile in the Deck Garage forum featuring Gardevoir GX! I also discuss the current meta and what we need to watch out for when we chose a deck for a tournament. There is a link to the article in the original post above. Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas for upcoming articles. Thanks!

FrostBiter12

Hey everyone, I'm excited to announce that instead of having Card Breakdown as an article topic, I have replaced it with a new category: PTCG Set Rankings! In these articles I will be going over the Top 10 cards from PTCG sets soon to be released and their impact on the format. Due to the great work here on Pokebeach, we have access to the cards in a set way ahead of time, giving me plenty of time to work on these articles. Just in case, I will wait until the English version of the set has been announced here on the beach before I post my set rankings (so any cards not in Japan's version can be considered). I'm currently working on the article at the moment with the information we have now, so keep an eye out for these articles in the future!

FrostBiter12

Just posted another Tournament Analysis article here in the Pokebeach forums featuring Stuttgart, Germany's Regional! This is my first Expanded format article, so check it out to discover my input on how the format has shifted since Costa Mesa, CA's Regional around a month ago. Also, I suggest a list to counter the winners of the tournament that can withstand the new strategies to come with the release of the Pokémon TCG: Forbidden Light in the upcoming weeks. There is a link to the article in the original post above, so let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions, questions, or any ideas for new articles. Thanks!

FrostBiter12

I just posted another Tournament Analysis article featuring Sao Paulo, Brazil's International! Located in the Pokebeach forums, I have included a link in the original post above as well, so take a look and let me know what you think! I think I will finally post my first Set Ranking article next week, so keep an eye out for that in the near upcoming days. Enjoy!

Last edited:

FrostBiter12

Hey everyone, I just posted my tenth miniature article here on Pokebeach which features one of my favorite new decks to play in the Malamar, Buzzwole GX, and Zoroark GX heavy format: Xerneas Break! I have included a link to the article in the original post above, so take a look to find out more! Don't forget to keep an eye out for my upcoming articles in the near future and I hope you enjoy my most previous one as well. Thanks!