JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new Snom and Frosmoth have been revealed from Japan’s upcoming Fusion Arts set, which releases there on September 24th.
Frosmoth – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Snom
[C] Icy Wind: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Asleep.
[W][W][C] Blizzard Loop: 160 damage. Put all Energy attached to this Pokémon into your hand.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Snom – Water – HP40
Basic Pokemon
[W] Find Ice: Search your deck for up to 2 [W] Energy cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1
We’ll most likely see cards from Japan’s Fusion Arts in the international set Fusion Strike...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion_Sheep

Aspiring Trainer
Although the snom looks better than the other one we have, the new frosmoth seems to rely on acceleration and the best water acceleration is the other frosmoth

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Pyukumuku and now Snom. I'm gonna say Puncurchin is in and will fill that slot between Toxtricity and Mew V lol.

Some distinct artists with Snom done by Morii and Pykumuku by Komiya. So ill take it a step further and say that this Pincurchin will be done by Asako(?) (croquet artist).

I will flip if this turns out correct. I'm sure it won't though lol

Nyora

A Cat
Can't say I dislike this. Pairs perfectly with the existing Frosmoth, and if you happen to play Capture Energy alongside this you could reuse it once or twice too. 160 is nothing to scoff at for a single prizer, and while I'd never play this on it's own, this fits snugly in a Frosmoth deck already.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
A Yuka Morii Snom?! And moreover, one that searches for Energy that Frosmoth SWSH can attach?! This Snom is actually better than the previous one! (Or ones. I don’t remember if Snom Shining Fates was a different effect, but I’m pretty sure it would have been as vanilla as the original.)
Also, that Frosmoth may not be good in standard, but it would mesh pretty well with the original Frosmoth as part of a cube evolutionary line. It would have to be a really high-power one, and rain-dance effects are usually a bad idea in cubes, but now we have the option of a Frosmoth line as long as it isn’t a singleton format.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Can't say I dislike this. Pairs perfectly with the existing Frosmoth, and if you happen to play Capture Energy alongside this you could reuse it once or twice too. 160 is nothing to scoff at for a single prizer, and while I'd never play this on it's own, this fits snugly in a Frosmoth deck already.
If you're a Single Prized and not even able to KO the weakest Pokemon V, and widely staple in most decks feels like a shame to me. I don't count extra help here. You basically asking too much to do one simple task.