Front page change or am I hacked?

nix_

Sample Text
The page was hacked, there is a website called "netdisaster.com" someone used it on the homepage. I got all the info from the Dev tool in chrome, it's using JavaScript.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh, so /this/ is the official thread...

Firstly, this is the name of the banner: http://pokebeach.com/images/header/i\'mhere.gif

Secondly, the name of the disasters is 'Meteor'. Just so you know.

I have to say I quite like seeing all the past PB banners flash through ^_^

EDIT: I also think it's safe to say that the big swirl thing here is the meteorite...

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Regardless of what's going on, all these old banners are making me feel a bit nostalgic.

Maximinn

Aspiring Trainer
AtmosphericThunder said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Whatever WPM is doing I hope he enjoys losing a lot of his casual views that think the site is broken

You're a real bundle of positivity, aren't you.

He's right though. Changing banners and stuff for fun is all well and good but if you add something that actively stops your visitors from using the site and makes it look like it's broken then you're going to lose visitors. That's just stupid.

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
Maximinn said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
You're a real bundle of positivity, aren't you.

He's right though. Changing banners and stuff for fun is all well and good but if you add something that actively stops your visitors from using the site and makes it look like it's broken then you're going to lose visitors. That's just stupid.

It makes it impossible to click links (such as to the forum). Well you can click on them, but they won't do anything.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
You can disable the meteors by clicking on the red button in the bottom right of the front page if you wish.

Familiar

Make 7up Yours!!!!!!
Vom said:
The beach almost got hacked and WPM is planning to do some updating. I guess it's the beginning of the cost of our mistakes. Perhaps the cost is the beach going offline...?

By Turkish hackers?

Mortal_Zachary

I am... Durant-Man!
Its p*ssing me off, I can't used the site off my cell phone and the banner changing is annoying,so is the netdisastert thing,if this continues I'm going to stop coming here and probably so are lots of other people

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
don()shinobi said:
Regardless of what's going on, all these old banners are making me feel a bit nostalgic.

Way past a bit for this guy. Pokebeach was my first forum ever. Maaaan, summer of '08 was awesome. Wake up, rush school as much as possible, then check Pokebeach before jumping on to the forums for hours. It continued that way for the next three years. Daily Pokebeach; it's just what I did!

Wish I had thought to save the banners for looking back. Hindsight 20/20 and all that.