Fourth with Zekrom Eel, FL

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Sneak out from eating, splash together an improved Zeel with Emolga list. Ended up living on a bottle of root beer until 5PM. Screw you Red Bull, root beer is where it's at.

R1 vs. Reshiram Emboar

Pretty one sided. I asked her if she went to Regionals and she said she did and got 12th or something. I asked her what she played and she said a good deck. Mmmk? I believe I take the first prize with Tyrogue, or she takes the first prize with her own Tyrogue. Either way, we each have a prize, I use N, and her new hand is horrible. It's so terrible that I can Catcher KO her entire field without her even prize trading. So I won by using Catcher to benched Tepig...that or some other little basic. Then I used Bolt Strike for the last prize but apologized for her terrible luck.

1-0

R2 vs. Yanmega Zoroark Donphan

Paired down? Ugh. Have a terrible start too, lone Cleffa. Eek, tails, not much to work with. He has like a T2 or 3 Mega and can match the hands every turn. When I hit with Tornadus T3 he Max Potions and Booms. My feeble attempt to keep up after being down on two (Linear Attacks Cleffa) with a sucky hand did not succeed. Once he sets up Donphan and already weakened my Tornadus I can't do much. I finish the game with two prizes left.

1-1

R3 vs. Durant Cobalion

I start with a Tornadus and power it up T2 getting some easy knocks. He then shows me Cobalion, attaches Defender, Eviolite, energy on the next turn and hits for 60 with Enegy Press (Eviolite, I had DCE and Lightning). I play Zekrom and Collector for Tynamo, Emolga, and Tornadus or Zekrom, Hurricane for 40, but I think I can Prize next turn because I have a Juniper to hopefully get energy and Eel. Well he KOs and I play Juniper...no Eel. Send up Tornado, pass. He Catchers Zekrom and Iron Breakers. Obviously I can't revenge now even though I got Eel, so I just build up the other Zekrom. He Catchers that. Well luckily enough it had the two energy to retreat, and all I needed was the next Energy to build up the damaged Zekky. I Juniper, got it! Dynamotor, attach, retreat, Bolt for knock.

He still has like four Durant waiting to Devour my deck. He attempts to stall my Eel up to by some turns to deck me out, and in the process discards my two other Eels. Luckily I can retreat or Switch Next turn and take another prize.

The game continues like you just read...him stalling with Eel and Devouring, me switching eventually and using my 120 damaged Zekrom to KO until I got the final prize. Good game indeed.

2-1

R4 vs. Terrakion Zekrom V(Create)tini Kyurem Virizion

Well I'm up against HenryP, a visiting player. Obviously it's a loss...I never tested the matchup (didn't have a good enough list) and he's a more experienced player.

I pretty much had a trash hand, and I could tell he did too. I just attempted Catcher stalling (started with 3 lol) but well...he obviously ran Switch...a lot. But I knew they'd be important late game and if it's the best I had until I topdecked the Sage as you will read. Well I time my KOs but he gets the first one from Outraging something. I get Sage, and I get the perfect hand...I Switch to get out my Eel from when he tried to stall me, I had Junk Arm to get back Catcher to bring up Terrakion. I had PlusPower to do the extra 10 and I had an energy in my hand and one in the discard, to attach the two energy. I get something meh from my prizes...a basic I think, which I played, but after his weak response I top deck the Juniper to get rid of my 0 card hand. Mid game was a little hazy, but I know he had the prize lead from Catcher and Rage and Wallops, and I lagged along with trying to get enough Powers and Catchers.

The final two prizes is what I remember...mainly because it was interesting. He had one prize left, I had two. I Catcher his waiting-to-revenge Terrakion with Energy, Black Belt, Strike. My heart skips a beat. VCreatetini. And a Shaymin. He moves Energy on his Zekrom to tini and uses Juniper for the final three basics...or so I thought. He said he drew into a Rainbow, so had he not Shaymin'd he could've Striked for game. He didn't bother to retreat to a bulkier Pokemon, he had no cards in his deck. This wouldn't be the first time I passed for game.

3-1

I discuss with the 3-1s who will cut...I bet on Summer and Henry just cuz my resistance is horrible. And I was right, and I got fourth. Well that ain't bad...if I get this at the last three I'll be passed my goal.

Props:

Henry and Summer for cutting...I am guessing Henry won against Zone Eel
Fourth
Black Belt

Slops:

Resistance
Meh pulls

Back