Forum Games Resources & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeper of Night said:
Reggie McGigas said:
wait...they actually died?

I think that is what he implied, but Prof P and Devin have been active recently.
Whatever the case, they had been inactive for quite some time, RG and WW both in particular.

:ninja

I meant in Forum Games. I don't do much elsewhere :p

You guys picked a horrible time for sign ups. It was around the time people are getting back into school, and either they are having midterms or starting the new quarter.

I want to suggest a game I like to call King's Orders.

The concept of the game is that king(or some kind of leader) is trying to find someone to become one of his knights, so he gathers all of the candidates in one place. He realizes he couldn't make all of them knights, so he creates a game to find who is the most capable of the job. The game involves a challenge based on an attribute said candidates must have to fill the role. The lowers of each challenge are up for voting.

The game can have any kind of flavor you want. I have a cool idea for a competition to see who will be a pokemon master.

Skeleton of what a game would be like.

Pregame:
16 candidates are present.

Constant Attributes:
Friendlyness: Make allies with competitors. You never know when you need their help.

Attribute 1: Intelligence
Challenge: Play *insert browser puzzle game here*. Bottom 4 scores are up for vote. 2 will be voted out.

Attribute 2:Love of the Arts
Challenge: Create me either a poem, drawing, or song about my greatness. Rated on effort. Bottom 4 are up for vote. 2 will be voted out.

Attribute 3:Charmisa
Challenge: 3 teams of 4 will create a presentation on whether I should buy a statue of me, build my own spa, or some other public declaration of my power. The worst team is up for vote. 2 will be voted out.

Attribute 4:Agility
Challenge: Everyone must play QWOP. Person who has best gets a secret power(Weighted Vote). Everyone else is up for vote. 2 People voted out

And it goes on and on until 1 is left.

That idea seems very similar to The Challenge, Muffin. Having different objectives that members have to complete, voting members out. All the basic ideas. Unfortunately, there's not really a need to have 2 of the same game going on at once.

It seems like a lot of those challenges involve browser games. Back a while ago, someone hosted a Computer Game Forum Game that seemed fairly successful. If you want to host a game like that again, feel free. I think it could be fun!

Otherwise, you could always expand on the idea and save it to host Challenge 7. :D

Ohshi- Current WW is done and I'm still tweaking my roles and haven't even finalized the OP yet. It'll probably be a couple days yet before I get my thread posted, but no worries, it'll come! I'm looking forward to hosting here. :D

Question to the WW community:
What exactly made the double lynching of TheGuy's WWXXII Game OP? I like the idea, but want to see what is the problem.

There was actually a decent amount of discussion about that in the game's post-game talk, so you might want to check that out.

Just finished checking the postgame of WWXXII, and these are the problems I found:
  • Can easily take out numerous powerful anti-town at once
  • It denies the purpose of a lynch: to take one player out at a time

Is there anything I missed? I feel like I've got an idea that could make this double lynch a nice (and possibly necessary) addition to a future WW game... And, yes Camo, I will discuss it with you... :p

Mafia related question:

Say someone has a single use ability.
For example:
"Once during the game you may target one player, they will be converted to your alignment."

The target had an ability protecting them from being targeted.

Would you let that person use their single use ability again, or because it failed it's now unusable ever.

Depends on the host and ability? :p

Also, alignment switching mid-game should not be a thing in WW, it's the one thing I hate the very most in WW. It means that for a part of the game you are playing against your win condition.

Haha yeah I ended up being generous and allowing it... Haha!!! As much as I didn't think I should have..

Yeah I agree, it should be right at the start of the game if anything. In my game it didn't matter too much as every person has the same win condition.

Thanks Teal!!

Am I the only one here who would be happy with a Tales of game (the series with Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Xillia, etc.) themed WW? I don't think I currently have enough WW knowledge/experience to host one, but I sure would love to play in one!

As part of a little shake up, all future Werewolf games will now be 'main' games, usually with 20-30 players (depending on the host's preference). These games will run side-by-side, and one should end sign-ups when the other game is half-way through (roughly when there are half the initial number of players remaining).

Due to this, we are also changing the timing of when applications open. Applications will open when there is one game left in the queue, with two applications being accepted.

This means that applications to host Werewolf games are now OPEN! You can find details of how to apply in the first post of the Werewolf Master Document. Good luck!

There is also a new version of the Werewolf Master Document containing new information regarding the changes to the main/side game system, more information to help players (new & old alike!), and a fancy new layout. Please give it a read to learn all about the changes! You can visit the new Werewolf Master Document here.

Hey yall,

I've planned a full mafia game, not going to share the theme in case I do end up running it here one day :p

I'm planning on running it with my own Mafia group in a couple of weeks and was wondering if someone experienced would like to read over the roles and help me out balance wise?

Please PM me if you're keen!

Thanks!

There's one big issue with hosting games, particularly things like werewolf, if you're not a moderator, and that's the PMing limit. Having to wait 60 seconds between sending each PM means that, working completely optimally, the average ww game will take around half an hour to do a basic update at the start of the game, when in reality it would only take up to 5 minutes if the host is organised and prepared. This issue is also apparent in other games, such as The Challenge. When we had to send out PMs at the start of the game before the team QuickTopics, bb and I had to split the PMs else it would have taken far too long. When the teams split up into single rounds in the future, the PMing issues will be really quite annoying to work around. I think it would be a good idea to create a new usergroup for Forum Games or any other projects around the site which need a lot of PMs being sent, which users are added to when starting a game that involves sending lots of PMs, and who are removed from it when their game ends. I know that messing around with permissions and the like is pretty tedious, but it would really make hosting games a better and more efficient experience for those of us who haven't been modded yet.

This is obviously mainly directed at MtC and Bigfoot, since as our resident supermods it's their call as to whether they want to do this plan, but what are all of your guys' thoughts about this possibility?

Celever said:
There's one big issue with hosting games, particularly things like werewolf, if you're not a moderator, and that's the PMing limit. Having to wait 60 seconds between sending each PM means that, working completely optimally, the average ww game will take around half an hour to do a basic update at the start of the game, when in reality it would only take up to 5 minutes if the host is organised and prepared. This issue is also apparent in other games, such as The Challenge. When we had to send out PMs at the start of the game before the team QuickTopics, bb and I had to split the PMs else it would have taken far too long. When the teams split up into single rounds in the future, the PMing issues will be really quite annoying to work around. I think it would be a good idea to create a new usergroup for Forum Games or any other projects around the site which need a lot of PMs being sent, which users are added to when starting a game that involves sending lots of PMs, and who are removed from it when their game ends. I know that messing around with permissions and the like is pretty tedious, but it would really make hosting games a better and more efficient experience for those of us who haven't been modded yet.

This is obviously mainly directed at MtC and Bigfoot, since as our resident supermods it's their call as to whether they want to do this plan, but what are all of your guys' thoughts about this possibility?

We understand how that could be very annoying. We talked to the admins about this, but they said they'd rather not make a usergroup for something like this. They said it could be implemented sometime in the future, but not right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back