Forum Games Resources & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
RE: Forum Games Resources & General Discussion | Looking for Hosts for The Challenge 6

Now that Twelve Days of YPPY has concluded, what did everyone think of the event?
  • What did you like/not like about the event?
  • Was the (approximate) 24 hour time limit enough for you to enjoy each game?
  • What was your favourite game from the event?

I liked how the event brought out a few newer faces to Forum Games. Having such a fast-paced event meant there was a new game for new people to drop in to every day (and made it easier for those new folks to get a little recognition by playing each day!), and with the variety of games I hope there was something for everyone to enjoy.
There are a few classic YPPY games in the event, and as much as I'd like to say Count To Xmas is my favourite (because moderators won again :p), I think A Christmas Story really turned into something wonderful. Thanks to Celever for compiling the story into one post, it's a fun and ridiculous read!

Thanks again to everyone who participated, it was a very merry event for Forum Games! :D

Reggie McGigas

-
RE: Forum Games Resources & General Discussion | Looking for Hosts for The Challenge 6

24 hours was short for some events, especially for the count to x. Mods made one run, members stopped them, and nothing really happened after that. I am starting to dislike count to x as well, the mods have a MASSIVE advantage in that they all have skype and have super easy communications. My computer doesn't support skype so besides PMs (I believe mods can read these if I am not mistaken) its hard for members to win.

I liked the Christmas story alot.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi

Rest assured, we would never read member's PMs just to gain an advantage in a game - that would be totally unfair and unethical.

There will be a break from Count to X for a fair while too since there have been two instalments of it this month.

Celever

Wheeeee~

I thought that games like "name the above user", "the ban game" and "nice or naughty?" worked well with the 24 hour time limit. However, the "christmas story" definitely needed at least 48 hours (as was evidenced by the somewhat forced conclusion at the end). Either way, it still turned out pretty well...

My favourite game was still the christmas story though. It was a lot of fun to play in since it took more creativity than the majority of the games, and there was a clear end product.

It was actually a very interesting event, and ended up better than I thought it would when it was first announced.

raichulover11

Levy-chan

I think we could have a twist on the Christmas story.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Applications for The Challenge 6 have ended and Celever will be the host with bbninjas as his co-host.

Good luck you two!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Sneakpeak:

uf7Y2As.png

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I've noticed that Forum Games are receiving less activity. What are people's speculations about this? I'm wondering if too many FGs are occurring at the same time, but this seems unlikely.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Well...the only games in FG right now are, iirc:
  • WW
  • RaF
  • Convicted 2
  • The Challenge
  • Trick & Trump
  • Kingdoms
  • ^<v Game
3 of those are in the inactive phase, where nearly no one posts on the thread other than the host.
2 of those are in sign ups, although I'm not very sure about RaF
In Convicted 2, there are not many people left, so expect less activity.
As for the ^<v Game, I guess people just stopped posting on it because it's no longer on the top of the list.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Well, one of the main things I've noticed is the less sign ups each game gets, not really the inactivity of the game itself.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Oh, ok xD
Then I think you're right about too many games atm. Most people on FG are on 4-5/7 games, so it might be hard to keep up for some.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My guess would be a combination of too many forum games (generally speaking, people will be less likely to join more games if they're already participating in some, and will be less likely to join new games, too, if they have other things to keep them busy and no real incentive to join). and also people simply being busy elsewhere, such as with other video games received over the holidays. There also might be a certain amount of burnout, especially among people who were participating heavily.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Athena said:
and also people simply being busy elsewhere, such as with other video games received over the holidays.
Or stuff like university. :p

Celever

Wheeeee~
I think it might just be that everyone is dying. It's a bit sad, really, but RaichuGirl, Prof P, WanderingWolf, Eron and Devin have all died within the last few months.... and that's just to name a few. The amount of people joining is substantially lower than those leaving, so it's just a natural decrease of players.

We just need a bunch of new people to join and take part in everything, but I can't really see that happening in the near future.

Reggie McGigas

-
Celever said:
I think it might just be that everyone is dying. It's a bit sad, really, but RaichuGirl, Prof P, WanderingWolf, Eron and Devin have all died within the last few months.... and that's just to name a few. The amount of people joining is substantially lower than those leaving, so it's just a natural decrease of players.

We just need a bunch of new people to join and take part in everything, but I can't really see that happening in the near future.

wait...they actually died?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Reggie McGigas said:
Celever said:

No... but they died in inactivity on the forums...

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Reggie McGigas said:
Celever said:

I think that is what he implied, but Prof P and Devin have been active recently.
Whatever the case, they had been inactive for quite some time, RG and WW both in particular.

:ninja

Status
Not open for further replies.