Forum Games Resources & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Forum Games Resources & General Discussion | Looking for Hosts for The Challenge 6

Reggie McGigas said:
Two ideas I thought up of for games

One- The "be unpopular or die" game. I didn't participate in this but it looked really fun. The point of the game is that the host lists four options in the thread, and each member participating has to send a PM to the host explaining their choice. The people that choose the most popular answer are eliminated. I haven't seen this game in a while and I'd like to see it again.

Two- This isn't really a game, just a really interesting idea I had. I have this game called NR2003 on my computer. It's an older NASCAR game but it's a ton of fun to play. The point is to make your own car or use a pre existing one to win races. However, it's based more like a sandbox game so I can simulate races and not run in them. I can also create cars. I was thinking of having entered members tell me what they want on their car (IE a blue #8 car with Regigigas on it). Once I got, say 12, people to enter I would create their cars, run 12 races, and post the results with pictures. The winner would be the driver with the most wins (This is a simulated single player game, FYI). In the event of a tie, a 13th race would be held with the people tied for most wins. All the entrants would do is tell me what they want their car to look like, sit back, and watch the results (If this became a game I wouldn't enter). All the cars will have the same stats so the results are basically randomized.

Tl, dr: You guys sign up, tell me what your car should look like, and I simulate races with your cars. The series winner is the entrant who has won the most races.

Any thoughts on these ideas?

The car idea could be interesting, but we would need to see what our cars look like and see the simulated race for it to be particularly fun.

RE: Forum Games Resources & General Discussion | Looking for Hosts for The Challenge 6

Yeah, I will post images of the cars and races. I can make a sample car now just for you guys to see what it'd look like.

So I made a car. I rushed it and it's pretty sloppy, and I could have done better but hey, it's a start.

2690565_orig.jpg

7439015_orig.jpg

Just for fun-

6267635_orig.jpg

I can make a video and ask a friend to upload it to his youtube

Re: 12 Days of YPPY.... you guys do know that the 12 Days of Christmas actually starts on Christmas Day so it should fall after Christmas and not before, right? :p

Yeah, but we figure having a build-up to Christmas itself would be more fun :p
And this way, people who celebrate 12 Days of Christmas as well as 12 Days of YPPY will have their festive season double in length! So much Christmas! :D

BigfootAUS said:
Yeah, but we figure having a build-up to Christmas itself would be more fun :p
And this way, people who celebrate 12 Days of Christmas as well as 12 Days of YPPY will have their festive season double in length! So much Christmas! :D

Some of us don't even notice it's Christmas until the night before, you know... let alone go festive.

Here is a sample video:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTyMzzDIHE4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Basically I will make a race recap with highlights for each race. Seeing as this has expressed a lot of interest, I think I will contact the mods about this next week (This week wouldn't be a good time as I have midterms, next week is the start of a 2 and a half week break). If this game happens, after signups are done I'll sim a race every 2-3 days.

'Twas three days before Christmas, and all through the forums, Drohn was being the nice guy he is. Nothing new there. Machamp The Champion, however, decided that the moon needed to be blue. He would go about this by first recruiting other members. He recruited bbninjas and Keeper of Night. He assigned bb to get the paint, while Keeper would use his cannon (which he totally has) to shoot the moon with blue paint balls. That is, until bbninjas brought back black paint. Machamp The Champion was horrified, asked why, and then bbninjas used sorcery to turn the black paint to red, so Machamp The Champion slammed the paint can into bbninjas' face. But he missed, and it hit Jax. Jax said "if my face is going to be red, at least let it be from the juice of a delicious steak, not paint!" Machamp The Champion laughed, but got angry very fast. He then finally got his own way by picking another can of paint and repeatedly dumping it on his friends until they brought more paint. And so, they started bringing Machamp The Champion paint. Surprisingly, not a single one of them brought Machamp blue paint! "Ugh," proclaimed Machamp, "guess I better get my own..." But the store was out of blue paint. So he bought some blueberries, and squeezed them one by one into buckets until he had enough for his scheme. Keeper loaded his cannon, and took aim, but then a bird flew into his face! Keeper of Night panicked, spinning the cannon around as its fuse burnt out, firing masses of blueberry juice into the trees, oblivion, and any innocent Pokémon that were in the vicinity. Of course, Gabby and Ty shoved a camera in everyone's face until the group told them the entire story. After Gabby and Ty left, Keeper of Night apologised and then realised they were out of blueberry paint. So Machamp The Champion had to use his four arms to hurl packages of blue crayons at the moon. This worked perfectly and the moon was now blue! Now began the second part of The Champion's scheme...

"Let's try and find out the true identity of the Thnikkaman!" MtC exclaimed. He obviously went to go find the expert on all things 'Thnikkaman', so he cell-phoned no one and instead began googling about the Thnikkaman, because that would be a better source of information. However, when he tried to get onto the internet the moon turned the internet off, as it was enraged and embarrassed. Instead, MTC phoned GadgetJax who immediately hung up on MtC. Frustrated, MtC threw his phone at the moon, hitting it out of the sky. Then, Keeper played the ocarina of time, calling upon his four good friends, the ugly giants, who caught the moon and threw it back up into the sky. Watching in the distance, Ice Espeon danced a jig, sighed, and called his good mate from Australia, Bigfoot. Ice Espeon asked Bigfoot why Reggie is so freaking awesome! Bigfoot replied "because beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That made Reggie feel a bit confused, so he went to go read a magical book, which apparently was once owned by the legendary DNA. Reggie learned that Machamp are the bane of magic, and that the glow of the moon is the most important thing to laying down a charm. Startled, Reggie went to go find the three legendary Golems, so that he could stop the evil desires of MtC by making a boat of cards, which had somehow made their way into DNA's book.

Reggie set sail and reached the iron chamber. He encountered Registeel who was eating pasta. After being interrupted, he challenged McGigas to a battle, where they both fought in a struggle until McGigas finally caught Registeel! Then, Reggie sailed away to find the other golems, reaching stormy seas. The waves shook his boat of cards until it capsized, launching Reggie underwater and forcing him into a palace of ice, where Regice was making unintelligible beeps. Suddenly, Luispipe8 jumps from the ceiling and lands in front of Reggie, challenging him to a battle. Luispipe sends out his all-mighty Magikarp, who splashes onto the wall, making some ice from the ceiling fall on Regice, who after being knocked out falls on Reggie, imprisoning him until Regirock visits the chamber with a kettle and a flask of tea! Regirock frees his brother, and with it Reggie, who promptly sends out his Feebas against Luis to protect the poor golems. Splash, splash and more splashing happened, before Luis' Magikarp evolves and destroys everything, besides Reggie and Feebas, knocking out the Regis in the process. He then asks "how has this all happened within the day that was three days away from Christmas?" Suddenly Santa flies down to the ice cavern on his sleigh pulled by 6 Winter-Sawsbuck and a lone Stantler with a mysteriously glowing red nose, and explains that there has been a lack of Christmas spirit lately. Many Pokémon noticed the change in atmosphere and grew violent this year, such as Luis' aforementioned Gyarados. Upon hearing this news, Reggie decides to go have a word with Rayquaza at the top of Sky Pillar. Before leaving, he did nothing because - oh, wait, better check up on MtC!
*scene changes*​
Machamp The Champion sits, staring at the blue moon, with a fancy Christmas hat on his head. Of course, Fancy knew Machamp's evil plans, and attempted to stop him. To do so, he pulled out F.L.U.D.D. from Super Mario Sunshine and sprayed the moon with water, cleaning it of the blue crayon markings. With no more blue to cover up the moon, Machamp lost his magic-stopping powers. Defeated, Machamp fled back to the forums to start up the next game in the Twelve Days of YPPY. Today was not his day, but some day, this world would bow down before him...

Story time! :D

Should I finish up the Reggie vs Luis scene we had going? :>

Reggie McGigas said:
Should I finish up the Reggie vs Luis scene we had going? :>

Probably... I just felt as if MtC was being forgotten :p

That's actually a pretty neat story, kudos! :D

Now, are applications for The Challenge still open?! D: If my WW Game ends up before we finally get one (which, sadly, is highly probable :v), I might as well host it.

Yep, there have still been no applications since our last update. :(

Ice Espeon said:
Yep, there have still been no applications since our last update. :(

Wait, are there 0 applications? I'd still like to run it, and I'm allowed to now that it's taken so long to start up lol.

What's the info we need to send you in order to sign up?

These are the details:

Ice Espeon said:
This is just a reminder to say that applications to host the sixth season of 'The Challenge' are still open. As it has been a while since applications were opened we are asking people who have applied to host it already to confirm that they are still interested in hosting it. If you would like to host The Challenge 6, PM [mod]Ice Espeon[/mod], [smod]Drohn[/smod], [mod]Machamp The Champion[/mod] or [mod]BigfootAUS[/mod] your application. Here's what you'll need to PM us:
  • The number of players and teams your game will have.
  • Any initial plot/theme your game has (such as the Arceus/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina story PG24 used in his game).
  • Any other important information about the game that is public to the players.
We encourage potential applicants to have a co-host, but we do not require it.

An application needs to be well thought out and of high quality to be successful, regardless of the number of applicants.

Celever said:
Wait, are there 0 applications? I'd still like to run it, and I'm allowed to now that it's taken so long to start up lol.

I'm willing to co-host with you Celever if you want a co-host.

TheGuy said:
Celever said:

I'm willing to co-host with you Celever if you want a co-host.

Thanks for the offer, but bbninjas is actually my co-host. I contacted him p much straight after IE said he would be happy to get more applications and we've already designed a fair bit of the game :s

BTW we're going to need some more YPPY games soon. /me cracks knuckles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back