Discussion Forgotten Altaria

Fenrir Kamiya

Aspiring Trainer
Good Night!

Has anyone noticed the first attack of SM4 Altaria?

it looks very strong in my opinion. It could fast a bit Dragon Garchom/Lucario and also, the searcheble card can be an GX or an EX Dragon Pokémon. all at the cost of one "heads"

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• SM4_EN_80.jpg
    SM4_EN_80.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 21
People are generally aware of the attack, why it's not used is

1. Decks that take advantage of this are evolution heavy decks already, and when you keep pumping up your pokemon count past around 18-20, you start seeing pretty big drops in consistency, and as it's an evolution, you need at least 2 cards to effectively run it, and you can't try it on turn 1. If it were a basic with this attack, I think more people would try using it. Rare Candy is going to be a more consistent way of getting a t2 stage 2 every time.
2. Coinflip means you need to run Victini or accept a 50% success rate. Flip based strategies never get any traction because you need to be able to win consistently to place well at events.
3. Being attack based on a 90hp card means you're usually giving up a prize for this to go off, and it's not even guaranteed to succeed.
4. There currently aren't any dragon type evolutions worth playing. Even Garchomp is a pretty mediocre deck overall, it's just popular because it can be played cheaply.

1. Decks that take advantage of this are evolution heavy decks already, and when you keep pumping up your pokemon count past around 18-20, you start seeing pretty big drops in consistency, and as it's an evolution, you need at least 2 cards to effectively run it, and you can't try it on turn 1. If it were a basic with this attack, I think more people would try using it. Rare Candy is going to be a more consistent way of getting a t2 stage 2 every time.
2. Coinflip means you need to run Victini or accept a 50% success rate. Flip based strategies never get any traction because you need to be able to win consistently to place well at events.
3. Being attack based on a 90hp card means you're usually giving up a prize for this to go off, and it's not even guaranteed to succeed.
4. There currently aren't any dragon type evolutions worth playing. Even Garchomp is a pretty mediocre deck overall, it's just popular because it can be played cheaply.
:'( ... feeling sad... I thought it was sooo cool...

Also, Mysterious Treasure is a sure fire way of finding dragons rather than relying on a coin flip.

Back