Ruling Forfeiting

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
Can I forfeit my top cut match of a regionals tournament is its on day 2 (because I may have a prior commitment) with the prizes included or do I do I have to concede?
What I'm trying to say is that if I make top 8/32 and I cannot make day 2, do I make top 32 and drop or do I give up my spot to the 33rd seed and lose all chances at prizes?

Depends on when you drop. If you drop after the cutoff, your spot likely will not pass down. However, if you want to keep the prizes you simply scoop both games. You setup your field game one, concede the match. Setup game two, concede the match. Be sure to tell the tournament staff ahead of time so they can have your prizes ready. Telling your opponent before hand is up to you. My friend James stumbo did that vs google Cawthon at Indiana regionals two years ago I believe. He didn't tell google. We all had a good laugh about it as he was completely confused.

11.1. Withdrawing after the Final Swiss Round
Players may choose to drop from a tournament after the final Swiss round of a Swiss plus Single- Elimination tournament rather than participate in the Single Elimination. If a player would like to drop during the final round of Swiss, he or she must do so before the final standings for that round are posted. Players who do not drop prior to this point will be paired in the Single- Elimination portion of the tournament and will be subject to the tardiness rules outlined in Section 7 should they not show up for their match.

Section 7 is in regards to tardiness.

7. Tardiness
Players are expected to be present for the start of a tournament and each of its component rounds and matches. Players who arrive more than 5 minutes late for any round will be considered to have conceded the game. In best-of-three matches, players who arrive more than 10 minutes late for any round will be considered to have conceded the entire match. Players who are still not present by the end of that round should be dropped from the tournament.

So, it looks like it would be at the discretion of the head judge weather to drop you or not to if you just don't show up day 2. So, all I can advise is to speak with the head judge. It's their call at that point.

Back