foretress + vespequen?

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
has anyone tried running a foretress deck that used vespequen to block the self damage on the benched pineco?

I just thought it would be pretty fun to have the active foretress with 3 special metals, 3 benched pineco, and a benched vespiquen.

any suggestions on what else to pair it with? or just run that by itself?

Please remember to include card scans when looking for combos/ideas. Thanks! ~Gliscor

Forretress UD
Vespiquen UD

i think manectric PL might be better.
http://pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/11-manectric.jpg

he has Free retreat. and prevents damage to ALL pokemon not just grass. so you can safely Evolve your pineco on the bench to stop them being easily brought up and donked. while powering them up ready for the death of your forretress.

yeah, there are pluses and minuses to using manetric. But if you need to attack with pineco, you'll need leaf energy anyways, and vespiquen also protects itself with its pokébody. No need for bench shield then.

maybe use pokemon contest hall to attach bench shield to a pineco off a coin flip. Just so DGX doesn't leave you open for snipes.

But Vespiquen doesn't prevent damage done to Foretress, and you should have more than one Foretress out, seeing as anything in the format can at least two-shot it. I dunno. I don't think Foretress is a very good attacker, 90 for three hard energy is kind of terrible, the recoil is worse, and to top it all of it has 90 HP and a 3 retreat.
If you want to do something similar to this, try Tyranitar Prime or Entei & Raikou Legend, and use Manectric rather than Vespiquen.

Back