'Forbidden Light' Prerelease Promos!

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
Boy... do I miss when this game was more about playing and having fun than chasing cards for a profit... the game itself is at its peak. In short time it'll become what Magic has, a cult following with a core group of players. We have the cult following, but the core group is still in flux, gone is the day that we could just spend a couple dollars and play. Now you have to mortgage your house to have a deck viable enough to get anywhere within the meta. Commons costing 10-15$ a pop in expanded. Pokemon is turning so far away from what it was built on that soon enough it'll only be adults/older teenagers that can afford and calculate everything that now has to be done to stay relevant within the game. I know a lot of guys that all they do is Pokemon, they're so far in to the hustle aspect that if they had to stop, they wouldn't be able to function financially, and it's sad... this isn't Poker, which is known to be played for winnings, it's a children's card game that is moving towards being an esport that will take all relaxation of playing casually from it because of card prices that without them will diminish some fun from not being able to play certain decks. This is just my rant... I hate seeing more and more comments to do with "oh this card will fetch a nice price".. instead of actually talking about playing it..

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Boy... do I miss when this game was more about playing and having fun than chasing cards for a profit... the game itself is at its peak. In short time it'll become what Magic has, a cult following with a core group of players. We have the cult following, but the core group is still in flux, gone is the day that we could just spend a couple dollars and play. Now you have to mortgage your house to have a deck viable enough to get anywhere within the meta. Commons costing 10-15$ a pop in expanded. Pokemon is turning so far away from what it was built on that soon enough it'll only be adults/older teenagers that can afford and calculate everything that now has to be done to stay relevant within the game. I know a lot of guys that all they do is Pokemon, they're so far in to the hustle aspect that if they had to stop, they wouldn't be able to function financially, and it's sad... this isn't Poker, which is known to be played for winnings, it's a children's card game that is moving towards being an esport that will take all relaxation of playing casually from it because of card prices that without them will diminish some fun from not being able to play certain decks. This is just my rant... I hate seeing more and more comments to do with "oh this card will fetch a nice price".. instead of actually talking about playing it..

ROFL, it's not that expensive. Not even close in comparison to Magic. The secondary market is a sign of a healthy game. The guys coming in and saying "OH, this will fetch a nice price" is a sign of a healthy game. Games that are dying don't have secondary markets or expensive cards. This is all GREAT news for Pokemon.

I hope it continues.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Yay, an expensive Malamar that'll set me back a few bucks to get, because I refuse to not play with the promo if I can help it. The set's gonna be pretty fun.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
They broke the system. I thought the PR Promos were drawn by the same illustrator of the original cards.

Huh, so that means no A Cards in Blister Promos

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Solid promos, was hoping Malamar was going to be one of them and since Psychic will be viable next set I really want the card to play.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I usually don't go to prereleases as they give you no cp
I usually don't care about a cards artwork
On an average day, I would go with Malamar
But that Lycanroc artwork...
LYCANROC I CHOOSE YOU
and Lycanroc has a half decent attack anyways :l

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
a lot of the people who are talking about money and these cards are talking about buying them, not selling them. though I do agree with what you stated, I think you may be misunderstanding what people are saying. if you take the youtube channel Deriums Pokemon as an example(at least 2 members) are die-hard pokemon fans: Andrew Mahone and Mikey. Again, I still agree with what you posted, but I think some misunderstanding was made

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I usually don't go to prereleases as they give you no cp
I usually don't care about a cards artwork
On an average day, I would go with Malamar
But that Lycanroc artwork...
LYCANROC I CHOOSE YOU
and Lycanroc has a half decent attack anyways :l
Yeah, unless you pull good cards to combo for Malamar, I've always thought simplicity was best at pre-release. Lycanroc all the way.