'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
need English translation to be sure but first attack combined with Gardevoir NXD in Expanded could hit for 180 (210 with choice band) turn 2 onward pretty consistently.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
U can use metagross to get the energy back so like i play 3 metagross and 2 sologeos atm . So sub out the 2 cosmos amd 2 sologeo and 1 rare candy for 1 beldrum 1 metagross and 2 of ultra neco. Then u still have 1 spot left to use any of the other cards. Lime the new trainer to sesrch for lele

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Ultra necrozma has insane potential. It just needs the right partner. I'm sure they didn't print him with nothing in mind.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Who cares about Ultra Necrozma ? Mystery Treasure is the real deal here ! That card can search Tapu Lele for only 1 discard ! This might even make non-gx Marshadow viable, because it lets you decide whether you want to Wonder Tag or Let Loose.

Last edited:

MquaZa

PB's D/P & G/S Player
No-one really takes in mind that in expanded this thing (if it goes second) can win you the game first turn. A lot of Pokemon have 60HP, they can't evolve first turn, so you just slap a DDE on Ultra Necrozma GX, use it's GX attack and win first turn.

Can be done against Zoruas, Night-March, Gardevoir (Ralts, Remoraid) etc.

I'm sure they'll print DDE again, too.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
No-one really takes in mind that in expanded this thing (if it goes second) can win you the game first turn. A lot of Pokemon have 60HP, they can't evolve first turn, so you just slap a DDE on Ultra Necrozma GX, use it's GX attack and win first turn.

Can be done against Zoruas, Night-March, Gardevoir (Ralts, Remoraid) etc.

I'm sure they'll print DDE again, too.
You can only use the gx-attack when you and your opponent combined have 6 or less prizes remaining.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Wow, only 1 non-GX attack? That's new. I don't see this being any better than the current version of Necrozma/Metagross, though. It's honestly a worse version of normal Necrozma-GX, which is a little bit sad.

Mystery Treasure could be decent in Garb, and if Lunala decks become a thing, they will run this.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Nevertheless it can reattach a considerable number of Basic Psychic Energy and we also have other means such as Silvally GX and Rayquaza to retrieve discarded Basic Energy.

Regarding the GX attack: Keep in mind that the damage counter placement is not limited to Pokémon GX.
But it depends on the opponent how many Pokemon will they bench and also relies in the discard pile, and the fact that it is a Prism Star, you can see that Moonie face OCE unlike Registeel does, and Lunala isn't a good Pokémon to start with due to those said factors, having 160 HP is a BIG excuse.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
But it depends on the opponent how many Pokemon will they bench and also relies in the discard pile, and the fact that it is a Prism Star, you can see that Moonie face OCE unlike Registeel does, and Lunala isn't a good Pokémon to start with due to those said factors, having 160 HP is a BIG excuse.

The idea is to use Lunala Prism Star to recover discarded Basic Energy. after the first two attacks with Photon Geyser there should be at least four Basic Psychic Energy in the discard. You can use Beast Ring to fuel Ultra Necrozma for the first attack. In a format with Brigette and at least three benched Pokémon most of the time I am less concerned about the opponent benching too little Pokémon to make use of Lunala Prism Star.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
The idea is to use Lunala Prism Star to recover discarded Basic Energy. after the first two attacks with Photon Geyser there should be at least four Basic Psychic Energy in the discard. You can use Beast Ring to fuel Ultra Necrozma for the first attack. In a format with Brigette and at least three benched Pokémon most of the time I am less concerned about the opponent benching too little Pokémon to make use of Lunala Prism Star.
Yeah, but you're relying heavily on a Prism Star, and you have to use your attack for the turn on Lunala.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Yeah, but you're relying heavily on a Prism Star, and you have to use your attack for the turn on Lunala.

That is true but the card still has potential in my opinion. However we will need to see how many different non-GX decks we receive until this card is released. Remeber that Ultra Necrozma GX is an Ultra Beast and has access to Beast Ring to fuel it for the first knock outs.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
U can use metagross to get the energy back so like i play 3 metagross and 2 sologeos atm . So sub out the 2 cosmos amd 2 sologeo and 1 rare candy for 1 beldrum 1 metagross and 2 of ultra neco. Then u still have 1 spot left to use any of the other cards. Lime the new trainer to sesrch for lele
What in the world were you trying to say?

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
I really thought TPCi had stopped with all this double type costs on Dragon cards nonsense... I want to like this card... but come on only one regular attack? No ability? The card looks so barren.

Mystery Treasure on the other hand in basically a better Ultra Ball for Dragon and Psychic decks, so maybe we'll be seeing some Dragon and Psychic support in SM6?