• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format For the Throne (Nidoqueen / Meganium / Malamar)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
FOR THE THRONE

242px-Sugimori_031.png

Pokémon (18):
  • 4 Nidoqueen SM9 (beatdown)
  • 4 Nidoran F SM9 (evolution)
  • 2 Alolan Vulpix SM2 (search)
  • 2 Meganium SM8 (enable)
  • 2 Chikorita SM8 (evolve)
  • 2 Malamar (accelerate)
  • 2 Inkay (evolution)
Trainer (30):
  • 3 Bill’s Analysis (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 Lillie (draw)
  • 4 Mysterious Treasure (search)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 4 Rare Candy (evolution)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Shrine of Punishment (beatdown)
Energy (12):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Psychic Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Basic Pokémon. Bench one Chikorita in addition to Alolan Vulpix and several Nidoran. Retreat into Alolan Vulpix and use Beacon. Next turn evolve Chikorita into Meganium with Rare Candy and evolve one of the benched Nidoran into Nidoqueen. Accelerate from the discard with Malamar and start to attack with Nidoqueen whenever there are four evolved Pokémon on the bench.

SPOILER:

Nidoran
Basic Psychic Pokémon
HP: 60
[C] Call for Family
Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it onto your bench. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C] Scratch: 20
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: P

Nidoqueen
Stage 2 Psychic Pokémon - evolves from Nidorina
HP: 160
Ability: Mother Call
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a Pokémon (except Pokémon GX and Pokémon EX), reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C][C] Power Lariat: 10+
This attack does 50 more damage for each evolution Pokémon on your bench.
Retreat Cost: CCC
Weakness: P

Bill's Analysis
Trainer - Supporter
Look at the top 7 cards of your deck. You may reveal up to 2 trainer cards you find there and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

This is a really good idea, and I like the inclusion of Bill's Analysis, I feel it really helps with the deck. However, I feel like a pal pad might not be a bad idea, just to recycle guzma, Lillie, Bills', or even Cynthias that could be needed late game, that you might have discarded earlier on. I feel like you could cut 1 Guzma for a pal pad, but if you feel more comfortable with 3 you could maybe try cutting a single energy, but idk how that will affect the energy flow of the deck (could work since there's Malamar and DCE, might not). Great list though, I hope it does well!

Hi there! Try adding a Nidoking (the one that boosts nidoqueen) to get the full kingdom!
(Pun joke.....sorry)

Try removing 1 Nidoqueen, 1 Nidoran F, and those 2 Allan Vulpix’s (there’s really no need for them for what you are trying to do here) to add 2 Nidoking and 2 Nidoran M.

121134_200w.jpg

Hi TrevGallade,

Thanks for the review. Still need to test this list as the cards just arrived a few hours ago and I did not have the time to build all decks and test them out. Will consider either Pal Pad or a fourth Lillie in this deck. Also would like one Super Boost Energy since it would synergize with this deck.

Hi _PokeMaster_,

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately this Nidoking is not legal in standard anymore since it is from Steam Siege. Not that much into the Nidoking from SM9 since most of the time I would prefer Nidoqueen due to its higher damage output.

Ah I see, you are trying to make it standard. (I got confused with the format, my bad). If you want card draw (or just cycling through your deck like a mad man) I would recommend switching out the Alolan Vulpix’s for 2 Sableye (celestial storm):

pokemon-single-card-sun-and-moon-celestial-storm-088-168-sableye-p166659-202855_medium.jpg

But if you are just trying to draw cards....then yeah just keep the Vulpix’s

Back