Finished Fog of War III: TeamAqua Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mora

Don't Panic
Welcome to the third installment of Fog Of War! This game is a team-based RPG-like variant of the classic boardgame, Battleship! Each player gets 1 ship, and is randomly slotted into a 4-player team. Your objective is to survive and eliminate all other teams!

fog-of-war-banner.png

In this game:
  • Abilities are available.
  • Items are available. (Items are consumed upon use unless otherwise specified.)
  • Gold is available.
  • Environmental Hazards are present.
  • Environmental Conditions are present.
  • Random Events may occur.
  • Day/Night Phases end at the time specified by the Game Master. (This rule may change as the game progresses.)
  • You will begin the game with up to 2 Abilities, no Items, and 5000 gold.
  • Abilities and Items may overrule any other rules.
  • Commands must be posted in this thread unless an Ability or Item specifies otherwise.
How To Play:
  • This game runs in phases. The Day Phase lasts for roughly 5 days, while the Night Phase lasts for roughly 3 days.
  • To win this game, you must sink other players' ships by shooting them. More information in the “Commands & How To Use Them” section.
  • By default, each player can only shoot once per Day Phase and not at all during a Night Phase.
  • Abilities and Items can be used in both the Day Phase and the Night Phase. (They will typically have specific instructions regarding their usage as well.)
  • After players post their commands, the Game Master will post the results of those commands in the thread and also update the grid-map in the OP to display that result. This process may take a while, but will happen at least once each Day Phase. "O" will be marked on missed coordinates. "X" will be marked on hit coordinates that were players' ships. "E" will be marked on hit coordinates that were Environmental Hazards.
  • All actions are processed by the Game Master in the order that they are posted in. (See Example 2)
  • If a player moves their ship after being damaged or otherwise revealed on the grid-map, their ship will become invisible. Players' ships can be re-revealed on the grid-map by being hit again.
  • Collision events (moving your ship on to the same coordinates as another ship) damages all ships involved in that collision on that coordinate. You won't be bumped off that coordinate though.
  • If a player successfully sinks a ship (landing the last shot required to sink the ship), that player receives 50% of the gold and Items from that ship (rounded down). (See Example 1)
Abilities and Items:
  • There will be gameplay events that allow you to purchase new Abilities and Items.
  • If you purchase an Ability and end up with more than 2 Abilities, you must discard Abilities until you have only 2 Abilities.
  • If you have more Items than you're allowed to hold, you must discard Items until you have the maximum amount of Items you're allowed to hold.
  • If you have more gold than you're allowed to hold, you must discard gold until you have the maximum amount of gold you're allowed to hold.
Examples:
  • Example 1: Player 1 destroys Player 2's ship. Player 2 had 3417 gold and 5 Items. Player 1 salvages 1708 gold and two random Items from Player 2's ship. Player 2 is eliminated.
  • Example 2: Player 1 and Player 2 both want to shoot Player 3's ship. Player 1 shoots Player 3's ship and hits, with Player 2 shooting Player 3's ship on a neighbouring coordinate immediately after Player 1 posts his shooting command. However, Player 3 has an Ability that lets it move after getting shot. This Ability would be activated after being shot by Player 1, meaning Player 2's shot would miss.
Rules:
  • Players may use a variety of shooting commands as listed in the Commands & How To Use Them section of this post.
  • Players may NOT undo any commands once they've been posted.
  • Players must post their commands in this thread unless otherwise stated on an Ability or Item being used.
  • Players may have Abilities and Items that can be activated at any time throughout the game. The usage of each Ability and Item is dictated in the description of that Ability and Item.
  • Players may refuse to shoot.
  • Players may like posts in the thread at any time.
  • Players may NOT edit or delete their posts in this thread. Please try not to double post too much though.
  • Players may NOT post in this thread once their ship has been destroyed.
  • Players may NOT hold more than 50k gold at any given time.
  • Players may NOT hold more than 10 Items at any given time.
  • Players may NOT communicate with other players outside of this thread or their QT to discuss this game.
  • Players may NOT post in the thread during the Night Phase.
  • Players may trade Items and gold with other players. All trades must be done publicly in this thread.
  • You may be modkilled for inactivity. Try to be active during each Day Phase to avoid this.
Commands & How To Use Them:
  • ##FIRE: coordinates – Default firing command. Doesn't consume any special ammunition. Coordinates must be based on the grid included in this post and follow the format letter-number. Eg. ##FIRE: G19
  • ##FIRE ITEM: coordinates – There exist special items you can load into your cannons and fire. Use this command to fire them. You must have the Item in your inventory, and this command consumes one of that Item. Coordinates must be based on the grid included in this post and follow the format letter-number. Eg. ##FIRE ANCHORING CANNONBALL: G19
  • ##USE ITEM – To use any items, you must use this command (unless otherwise specified in the Item description). For example, ##USE RAIN STICK would activate the Rain Stick Item. To use this command, you must have the Item in your inventory and post this command in the game thread. If you're using an Item during the Night Phase, you must PM this command to the Game Master instead of posting in the thread.
  • ##DAYEND - Casts a vote to end the current Day Phase. If a 3/4 majority of the remaining players vote for ##DAYEND and no one opposes it, the current Day Phase will end. You cannot vote for ##DAYEND until a reasonable amount of time has passed enabling each player who wants to do something the opportunity to do it - so like 24 hours after the start of the phase.
This is not a complete list of commands. Most of you will have Abilities or Items that require special commands. They will be detailed for you when you receive said Ability / Item.

As noted, Abilities, Items, Environmental Hazards, Environmental Conditions and Random Events all occur in this game. There will always be something other than just shooting for you to do.

Please read each Day/Night Phase update the Game Master posts for updates on Random Events, Environmental Hazards and Environmental Conditions.

Sign-Ups:
The Sign-Up Phase will last until 11 PM GMT April 18th or if the maximum of 16 players is reached - whichever comes first.
To sign up, make a post saying: "I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is ______!" and fill in the blank with a Pokemon of your choice. The Pokemon you choose is strictly for flavor purposes and doesn't impact gameplay in any way. You cannot have the same Pokémon as another player, and cannot change your Pokémon once the game has started. Once the sign-up phase is complete, the Game Master will place each player in to a random team.

Players:
1. @Blakers as Luxray Eliminated Day 14 by Ephemera
2. @Ephemera as Ninetales Eliminated Day 14 by TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
3. @Celever as Falinks Eliminated Day 5 by Blakers
4. @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK as Sceptile Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
5. @NinjaPenguin as Eiscue Eliminated Day 4 by Blakers
6. @mirdo as Cramorant Eliminated Day 8 by TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
7. @Jadethepokemontrainer as Lapras Eliminated Day 3 by NinjaPenguin
8. @Dusk Form Lycanroc Umbreon Modkilled Day 2
9. @bbninjas as Cacturne Eliminated Day 13 by TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
10. @The Last Shaymin as Shaymin Eliminated Day 10 by bbninjas
11. @Alfze as Victini Eliminated Day 6 by Ephemera

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is Ninetales! (Kantonian, if I need to specify)

...I'm excited! :D

Celever

Wheeeee~
I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokémon is Falinks!

Beware the spirit of Sparta. War's kind of our thing :3

This game is a nice surprise, it's cool that it's been brought back after so long!

Mora

Don't Panic
I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is Luxray!

I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is Ninetales! (Kantonian, if I need to specify)

...I'm excited! :D

I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokémon is Falinks!

Beware the spirit of Sparta. War's kind of our thing :3

This game is a nice surprise, it's cool that it's been brought back after so long!

Gotchu guys down! Check back in - oh, like a couple of days or so. I'll tag everyone when roles go out and the first day phase begins!

@Celever, glad to hear it! Pretty sure we met in the first Fog of War - fun fact! I had a lot of fun then and hope to replicate the experience for others. I've got a few things in store for everyone. Hope you enjoy :)

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
I want to play Fog Of War! My Pokemon is Cramorant!

You know.. shooting stuff... Seems appropiate to choose him.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Thought I’d signed up already :U

I want to play Fog of War! My Pokemon is Lapras!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
MESSAGE INCOMING . . .

¡ǝuɹnʇɔɐƆ sᴉ uoɯǝʞoԀ ʎW ¡ɹɐM ɟo ƃoℲ ʎɐld oʇ ʇuɐʍ I

Mora

Don't Panic
Signups are /technically/ closed, but if you sign up before roles go out, and I post the first Day Phase, I might allow it. Expect Day 1 to start in a couple of hours or so.

Mora

Don't Panic
Roles are all sent out, let the games begin!

Fog Of War Day 1

gridmap.png

This phase ends 11pm April 23rd.

Here are the teams:

You may:
  • Shoot other players.
  • Shoot your teammates.
  • Choose to not shoot at all.
  • Trade Items and gold with other players but only in this thread.
You may not:
  • Move your ship (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).
  • Shoot more than once (unless you have an Ability or Item that lets you do so).
Notes:
  • Items are consumables (unless otherwise specified). You use it, it disappears from your inventory.
  • Commands must be posted in this thread unless an Ability or Item specifies otherwise.
  • Be sure to click Watch Thread at the top so that you're alerted to new posts.
  • Give the OP a like so I know you're ready to play and not inactive! Sign ups were a week ago, and some people like to forget.
  • Some pirate-themed music to get us all in the spirit of things!
Heave ho, lads! No prey, no pay!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
AHOY me hearties! Hear me out! At last me young lassie @Ephemera and I have found refuge amongst these vast seas! It be a hefty voyage, but these sparkling waters be a sight for the sore eyes of a young lad such as myself! Alas, I was once banished to the barren of the deserts of Neverlands, where dew from above was scarce yet craved by all.

I come brandishing no weapon and wish no harm to all yous. We request a safe passage through this thick fog, as we continue our grand voyage!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
These seas are more deserted than my home desert! And I know just the thing to get everyone moving. *strikes a match*

##FIRE: S13

OOC: @Mora, I probably missed it... but how many shots do we have per phase?

Also can I just say, either you all need start posting stuff or I should get paid gold for every post I make, cause now I'm talking to myself and am looking like a crazy cactus. :U

Celever

Wheeeee~
Ahoy there mateys! I'm afraid me crew must find passage through these ravaging seas, and yer ships seem ta be in the way. At me pirate academy we dived inta Sun Tzu's The Art of War and "in the midst of chaos there is also opportunity". We're takin' the opportunity to start things off with a bang!

##FIRE: C9

Harhar, get it, bang?

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Arrrrgh! Yer teams must searching for trouble to square off against such a formidable Eiscue as me. Let's show these teams what we're made of!

##FIRE: P3

Mora

Don't Panic
It was well past midday and still no one had fired the first shot. Some of the captains had yet to be roused from their quarters! Some were patiently waiting to see who would fire the first the shot. That call would be answered by none other than Cacturne!
These seas are more deserted than my home desert! And I know just the thing to get everyone moving. *strikes a match*

##FIRE: S13
The first cannon flew high and landed harmlessly with a plop.

And with that, the unspoken armistice had ended.
Ahoy there mateys! I'm afraid me crew must find passage through these ravaging seas, and yer ships seem ta be in the way. At me pirate academy we dived inta Sun Tzu's The Art of War and "in the midst of chaos there is also opportunity". We're takin' the opportunity to start things off with a bang!

##FIRE: C9

Harhar, get it, bang?
But the only bang the Falinks heard was from their cannons, for his shot landed in the water with a quiet plop.
Arrrrgh! Yer teams must searching for trouble to square off against such a formidable Eiscue as me. Let's show these teams what we're made of!

##FIRE: P3
But Eiscue's shot missed, like all the rest, and hit the water with a simple plop.

Grid Map

gridmap.png

Status
Not open for further replies.