• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

flying earthquake- a mandibuzz, krockodile and kingdra deck (hgss on)

umbeosion

check out my new Blog!!
this is a deck i came up with when thinking of starters to use and then i realised how good this deck could be- with it doing fairly well against a few possible top decks equaling all around goodness. i would really like some big help with this deck as i think there is a possibility it could win something. i don't have a lot of the cards yet but will have soon so cant test the deck- don't like redshark.

so this is the deck:

4 Spirtomb
2-2 Mandibuzz
3-1-3 Krockodile
2-1-2 Kingdra prime
1 Mr mime
1 Mew prime
23 pokemon

1 collector
4 dual ball
2 prof elm
2 prof juniper
3 rare candy
3 communication
4 energy exchanger
1 seeker
2 Interviewers questions

23 trainers (i/s/s)

3 {C}{C}
3 SP{D}
4 {F}
2 {W}
2 {P}

14 energies

the idea of the deck.
using spirtomb i will put damage onto my opponents pokemon set up mandibuzz, krockodile and kingdra in that order ready to attack. plow through opponents is the main idea...

the cards i chose:

Spirtomb:
The starter of the deck. this card may be considered a tech, and i would normally agree but in this deck it is both a starter and a tech. starter: it does 10 damage each of your opponents pokemon of your chosen type setting any pokemon up nicely ready to be hit by either mandibuzz (snipeing) or Krockodile. tech: it can also be used to ruin someones set up when comboed with mr mime.

Mandibuzz
The sniper of the deck. this card is my evil dark sniper and gengar enemy. this in combo with spirtomb and kingdra will be used to take down my opponent. this is my new garchomp c lvx...

Krockodile
The big hitter. this card is my monster, the ultimate enemy to all electric pokemon. this will be hitting for around 100 damage each turn with its krockoroll attack i know that there aren't many pokemon that can withstand 110-130 damage done to them. this card should withstand a few attacks and should be able to get rid of a fair few of pokemon even without the extra 40 damage with many pokemon having weakness to it.

Kingdra prime
the tech of hell. this card is the big sea horse with an evil objective. the main idea of the deck is to deal more damage when the defending pokemon is already damaged so this card is the perfect candidate with a format that may include so much healing that the damage that spirtomb did wont be there anymore i thought that this might help. this will also help when i come against fighting decks like donphan.

Mr Mime
the slightly unexpected tech. I know what you were thinking when you saw this, spirtomb and mew- its ____gar!!!!! well its not as you can see no gengar!!!!!! (i don't know why i put exclamation marks again) this card is for checking to see what my opponent maybe is planing to use so that i can set up certain cards. the card is also used to know when to ruin my opponent with spirtomb.

Mew prime
The lost super-effective tech. this card will be used for mainly super-effective damage on to cards with psychic weakness'. i know it may seem like a very odd tech but in fact a very useful tech that will help to take down my opponent. i will mainly be coping my main attackers depending on the pokemon: stage two- mandibuzz. anything else- krockodile. i know it is a complicated tech that i will probably remove who knows.

Match-ups:
Vs Reshiboar- unfavourable
Vs Zekrom- favourable
Vs Donphan- favourable/equal
Vs Machamp- favourable
Vs LostGar- favourible

please help me with this deck!
i am hoping to get it finished at some point... if someone could test i would be very happy!!!!

RE: flying earthquake deck (hgss on)

I would suggest using twins 2-3 since your spiritomb will not last long, and it helps with getting the crucial cards you need to setup. You could use Donphan instead of Krokorodile with a 2-2 line giving you space for the twins and possibly a plus power to deal with zekrom.

I would say just make this a mandibuzz and kingdra prime deck because this is just to much.

is the deck too complicated? i added some match-ups but they could be wrong. i will try the deck out soon. what does a kingdra prime and mandibuzz look like because i wouldn't of thought it would have enough power to stand against power decks like reshiboar?

wait you added match-ups but you don't even know if said match-ups are even true!!?

There's quite a bit going on in this list. Why play Mew Prime what does it help you against this thing only truely works early game to lost zone something that requires low amount of energy to attack (Jumpluff for e.g) That would seem to only be useful, but seeing a you're using it as a type counter, Machamp is the only competitive deck in the future i can see this helping against and even then it will OHKO unless you can lost zone Honchkrow and attach 3 energy onto it. Any champ deck should be wise to play Pokemon Catcher just to catch the opponent off guard and take a easy prize from the bench. Only add what you need to, don't go OTT on the techs and sometimes Redshark can be a great assest (Right clicking certain parts of the board opens up additional options)

4 Spiritomb TM
1 Solrock TM (so the opponent can't heal the spread damage from Spiritomb)
1 Cleffa HGSS (hand refresher tech incase of bad hands)
3-2-3 Krookodile BW

Now seeing as type match-up is quite important next season, what you want is something that can help you fight {W} pokemon but the enegy line you're already playing {F}/{P}/DCE so you don;t want an {L} type counter or it will mess up the energy line so there are a few options

Bouffalant is one option that comes to mind - for just 2 {C} energy, if you're pokemon was KO'd during your opponents last turn you could do 90 damage to that pokemon which combined with a few Black Belt (which this deck should play) you could OHKO the defending pokemon. The best thing about this tech is that it's a basic so its easy to get out.

T/S/S line - the important things to play

2/3 Twins
1/2 Black Belt
1 Flower Shop Lady
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Rare Candy

Energy Line

4 DCE (no reason not to play 4)
7 {F}
3 {P} (having troble getting it out then Interviewer's Question/Enegry Seach helps)

These are just my suggestions though if i were running the deck.

So you think i should minus mew, mr mime and the kingdra line for the solrock, lunatone (solrock need lunatone to work) and cleffa? what should i add to combat water decks?

it shouldnt matter if your opponet spreads damage from spiritomb just use mandibuzz to blindside the other pokemon, it doesnt really matter. keep the kingdra line, no solrock or lunatone or cleffa (unless you really want to)

also to counter fire decks just power up seadra to use the 50 damage move, weakness doubles it so thats 100 damage, then follow up with even sandile with 3 energy to knock out reshiram or whatevre you have on your bench.

you should have flower shop lady to get the seadra back and some energy

Back