• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flygon/Dusknoir/Celebi EX

Which is the better Dusknoir varient

• Flygon/Celebi EX

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Flygon with no energy

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Landorus EX

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Registeel EX

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Kyurem

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
I really like this deck. The idea is to use flygon's ability and vibrava's attack to spread damage. Celebi EX helps me use vibrava's attack and Dusknoir will move the damage counters. I run grass energy to use flygon's attack to paralyze my opponent. All comments will be appreciated. Please don't complain that this deck is slow.

Pokemon 22:
3-3-3 Flygon (Freeze Bolt)
3-1-3 Dusknoir (Cold Flare)
3 Emolga
2 Celebi EX
1 Landorus EX

Trainers 26:
3 Rare Candies
4 Communication
2 Level Ball
4 Catcher
1 Computer Search (Freeze Bolt/Cold Flare)
3 Cheren
2 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla (Freeze Bolt/Cold Flare)

Energies 12:
8 Fighting
4 DCE

T1 Emolga search for duskull and trapinch
T2 Evolve into Vibrava search for Celebi EX and another duskull/trapinch
T3 Evolve into flygon and dusknoir and start the strategy

Translations:

Trapinch – Fighting – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Crush. Flip a coin. If heads, choose one Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon and discard it.
[F][C] Bite: 20 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: Lightning (-20)
Retreat: 1

Vibrava – Dragon – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Trapinch

[G] Quick Turn: 20× damage. Flip two coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
[F][C][C] Sand Impulse: 50 damage. Does 10 damage to each of the opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: 2

Flygon – Dragon – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Vibrava

Ability: Sand Prison
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokemon between turns.

[G][F][C][C] Flying Beat: 80 damage. You may discard a Grass Energy and Fighting Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none

Celebi-EX – Grass – HP110
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Time Recall
All of your Pokemon can use attacks from their previous evolutions. (You still need to required Energy to use the attack.)

[G][C][C] Passing Wind: 60 damage. Switch Celebi-EX with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)

Duskull – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[P] Confuse Ray: The Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Dark (x2)

Dusclops – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Duskull

[P] Astonish. Select one card in your opponent’s hand at random. Look at it, then return it to your opponent’s deck. Your opponent shuffles his or her deck.
[P][C][C] Psychoshot: 40 damage.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Retreat: 2

Dusknoir – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Dusclops

Ability: Dark Hand
As often as you like during your turn, you may move 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon to another one of his or her Pokemon.

[P][C][C][C] Shadow Punch: 60 damage. This attack isn’t affected by Resistance.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Retreat: 3

Skyla – Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for a Trainer card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Computer Search – Trainer
Item

Discard two cards. Search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

Only 3 Candies are needed, since you only want to be using it on Dusknoir.

Though I don't have any advice for the deck itself, my I suggest putting the individual translations in separate spoilers and labeling them to make it easier to read?

Red Striker said:
Though I don't have any advice for the deck itself, my I suggest putting the individual translations in separate spoilers and labeling them to make it easier to read?

How do I use a spoiler?

I'm a little iffy on the Skyla. Have you been testing with it? I don't think it's worthy enough to have three, because most of your Trainers are kinda situational. I would run either two Cheren and only one Skyla, or just run three for greater consistency. The PokeDex/Ether strategy is interesting, and I kinda like it. This is why I suggest Cheren so you can PokeDex your top five and then Cheren the cards you need, you know? Also consider jacking up the Emolga line to three.

I would actually lower your Juniper count in favor of more Cheren/Biance and Skyla. Juniper at 4 in a deck that runs 2 Stage 2 will often lead to situations where you either have to decide to either not play a supporter (If Juniper is only one in hand) or discarding key cards to your strategy. Skyla at 4 works really well in anything that uses stage 2's.

-2 Juniper
+1 Cheren
+1 Skyla

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
Do you guys think that it will be good adding landorus EX? Getting 60 damage on the field T1 can help alot.

I would, Those Eel decks are so popular. You can can OHKO them if they start with a Tynamo. And it does 30 to one bench. So it already starts your strategy, if you can lead with it then by the time flygon is ready there will already be some damage spread

grantm1999 said:
Garbo-Garbodor

Not really it is not difficult against garbodor. Just spread damage early into trubbish and don't let them set up their garbo. What I really need is super rod and sometimes switch.

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
Not really it is not difficult against garbodor. Just spread damage early into trubbish and don't let them set up their garbo. What I really need is super rod and sometimes switch.

I'm sure you'll set up 2 Stage 2s before they set up 1 Stage 1, not to mention you don't want to be Candying Flygon. What you need is tool Scrapper. And I don't get why you run Landorus AND Emolga. They're both openers. Run 3-4 of one and 0 of the other.

It is not difficult a T3 flygon then you just get your dusknoir later. It can be get until T5 because you can spread early and then get multiple KO. Landorus helps me also mid-late game believe me. They set up garbo BEFORE flygo,:
Attack twice (with benched garbo). Catcher and hit garbo. Finifh with lando EX.
When you get a T1 emolga is a REALLY fast set up. With 4 comms and 2 lvl ball is easay to get vibrava and flygon attacking T3 and then you can set up dusknoir on T4 or 5 even. I have more problems when one part of my flygon line has been discarded/KO/prized and I just have a few damage on my opponents field to use lando good enough.

I myself have play this deck before. Every game I have played, I have never got a chance to really abuse Celebi EX's ability to copy Vibrava's attack because of how slow the deck is and for the most part, you'll want to be rare candying the Trapinch straight to Flygon. Also, I found myself passing so many times because the is not one Pokemon in the deck that can do anything the first few turns, so I recommend running 1-2 Tropical Beaches. The biggest obstacle is keeping both Flygon and Dusknoir in play for a long period of time. The fact that your going up against EX Pokemon makes it really difficult to knock out multiple Pokemon, let alone knock out 1 beefy EX Pokemon.

There are 5 issues that hold the deck from becoming a Tier 1 Deck

1) Consistency
2) EX Pokemon
3) Darkrai
4) Rayquaza and Garchomp
5) Catchering up the Dusknoir

The deck has potential, it just needs the right build and figuring out how to make the list better and more consistent.

Here is my current list.

Pokemon (16)

3- Trapinch
2- Vibrava
3- Flygon
2- Duskull
2- Dusknoir
1- Landorus EX
1- Celebi EX
2- Ditto

Energy (12)

6- Fighting