Flygon Boundaries Crossed!

ctrl+alt+aria

Aces high
Hey Everyone so I posted a deck Idea for Flygon a week ago or so but I figure that a discussion here could help me get a better idea of what to pair him with and what cards he could work well with. so Let me know what you guys think.

So far I was thinking he'd work really well with Terrakion Ex because of pump up smash could be used to charge up a benched flygon with a DCE already attached. He also gives a grass weakness which is nice because of all the Blastoise/Keldeo decks i'm bound to go against.

I also think he and Ratticate could make a good team
because of super fang ( {C}{C}{C} "put damage counters on the defending pokemon until it has 10 hp left") weakening the defending pokemon (hopefully a big EX) which forces him to have max/gold potion right away to heal and if not they would retreat and kill Ratticate at which point I could promote Flygon and let the sandstorm do the rest or if they can;t kill ratticate I could retreat him for free.

What else do you guys think would work well with him? I also like Landorus EX/ Celebi Ex/ Stunfisk.

Blui

lv85 paladin
The problem with both plans is that they require a lot of time and need your opponent to get nothing. Raticate is too weak and Terrakion is too slow and conditional. This just isn't the format for Flygon.

ApachePrime

Aspiring Trainer
Blui129 said:
The problem with both plans is that they require a lot of time and need your opponent to get nothing. Raticate is too weak and Terrakion is too slow and conditional. This just isn't the format for Flygon.

Raticate requires too much energy to be useful, and so does Terrakion without any sort of acceleration. Flygon just need the right partner, and it sounds like the OP is on the right track. Start with some spread and then use Flygon to clean up.

ctrl+alt+aria

Aces high
ApachePrime said:
Blui129 said:

Raticate requires too much energy to be useful, and so does Terrakion without any sort of acceleration. Flygon just need the right partner, and it sounds like the OP is on the right track. Start with some spread and then use Flygon to clean up.

So maybe something along the lines of Stunfisk Landorus Maybe even Darkrai? I could use some sort of combination of Fighting energies/ Dark energies, prisms and Blend{G}{R}{P}{D}. I like the idea of Flygon finishing them off. Yeah I had been testing with Raticate a tiny bit and he;s just doesn;t have enough HP .

Zarco

Aspiring Trainer
If you run the Celebi/energy version it can get clunky and can give up easy prizes with Celebi (damn catchers). I don't know how effective that spread is. The problem with supplementing that spread with stuff like Terrakion or Landorus EX is that it makes it hard to leave Flygon active (at which point it becomes a useless pokemon). I have found the energyless version with Dusknoir to be decent. My current list:
4-2-4 Flygon
3-2-3 Dusknoir

4 Juniper
4 N
4 Skyla

3 Tropical Beach

3 Catcher
4 Switch
4 Max Potion
1 Comp. Search
1 Town Map
2 Super Rod
2 Rocky Helmet
3 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
1 PComm
4 Rare Candy

ctrl+alt+aria

Aces high
Zarco said:
If you run the Celebi/energy version it can get clunky and can give up easy prizes with Celebi (damn catchers). I don't know how effective that spread is. The problem with supplementing that spread with stuff like Terrakion or Landorus EX is that it makes it hard to leave Flygon active (at which point it becomes a useless pokemon). I have found the energyless version with Dusknoir to be decent. My current list:
4-2-4 Flygon
3-2-3 Dusknoir

4 Juniper
4 N
4 Skyla

3 Tropical Beach

3 Catcher
4 Switch
4 Max Potion
1 Comp. Search
1 Town Map
2 Super Rod
2 Rocky Helmet
3 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
1 PComm
4 Rare Candy

Hmm you do make a good point about giving up easy prizes with Celebi I have been testing online with it and even though they don't get catchered very often. I can see them becoming a very easy target and prize liability, Also I find if ppl are using eviolites the damage from sand pulse(vibravas attack) gets blocked out as well.

I pulled a dusknoir the other day and put him in my deck (its a bit of a half ass deck just using which ever cards I have since i'm going to be splitting a case with friends I want to wait and see what I get before going mad on Ebay :p) so Needless to say its very inconsistent.

in 1 game I played though I got off to a terrible start and my opponent had 2 prizes left while I hadn't taken 1 and I had nothing really set up. I drew into a rare candy evolved into Dusknoir and just completly took over the game from there taking 6 prizes in probably around 4 turns.

Is there anything you think I could switch for tropical beach? I mean its pretty far out of my price range.

Also I think i'd want to put Tool scrappers in this deck maybe just 1 or 2 because in case I come across Garbador Its game over pretty quickly. :p

Thanks though I'm really liking this list :D